Trade Deadline- One Week and Counting

49 replies

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2011, 10:06 AM

There's no way this FO trades away Marshall. That would be an admission of monumental proportions. Maybe Wallace or Moore. Not sure what either would net though. And, I don't think I'm cool with the idea of trading Wake (unless it were for a first rounder, and I just don't see that happening). Honestly, I just don't see where we have many tradeable commodities. Like steveincolorado said, maybe a cheerleader or two.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

Oct 12, 2011, 11:12 AM

"byroan wrote:

Jimmy Clausen started/played more games last year than Moore. He had a much bigger role in the Suck for Newton campaign.

I don't know about "much" bigger...Moore was 1-5 in the games he played in. Not exactly much of a help.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Oct 12, 2011, 11:20 AM

They just gave Marshall a bunch of extra money this off season after the league year officially started, no? He's not going anywhere, not yet.

But depending on how they're feeling about Clyde Gates' progression (I haven't seen much, personally) they could feel like it's time to part with Brian Hartline.

I would deal Reggie Bush away if someone were to bite. Trading for him was a big mistake.

The most natural thing to do would be trading Randy Starks since Tony McDaniel is getting healthy and Jared Odrick has to fight Starks for playing time. Thing is, Starks is playing well. Someone would have to be willing to give a good price for him. Truthfully the one I'd rather trade is Odrick. I don't think he's meant for this style of defense.

I'd accept a pack of chewing gum for Phil Merling.

I'd be willing to trade Yeremiah Bell but it might be a game too late after the game he had against San Diego.

If someone tossed in a nice offer for Koa Misi, I might actually accept that, but it would have to be a decent offer...3rd rounder.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

OnehondoOnehondoSupporter
Oct 12, 2011, 11:28 AM

Is there such a thing as a Yard Sale in pro football? " Miami Dolphins Yard Sale", used players at good prices, make us an offer and take one home with you today!

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2011, 11:30 AM

"ckparrothead wrote:

They just gave Marshall a bunch of extra money this off season after the league year officially started, no? He's not going anywhere, not yet.

But depending on how they're feeling about Clyde Gates' progression (I haven't seen much, personally) they could feel like it's time to part with Brian Hartline.

I would deal Reggie Bush away if someone were to bite. Trading for him was a big mistake.

The most natural thing to do would be trading Randy Starks since Tony McDaniel is getting healthy and Jared Odrick has to fight Starks for playing time. Thing is, Starks is playing well. Someone would have to be willing to give a good price for him. Truthfully the one I'd rather trade is Odrick. I don't think he's meant for this style of defense.

I'd accept a pack of chewing gum for Phil Merling.

I'd be willing to trade Yeremiah Bell but it might be a game too late after the game he had against San Diego.

If someone tossed in a nice offer for Koa Misi, I might actually accept that, but it would have to be a decent offer...3rd rounder.

QFT.

Should've gotten Sproles instead. :pity:

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

Oct 12, 2011, 11:34 AM

Here's a horrifying question.

What would you do, if Jeff Ireland took next year's 1st round pick (you know, the one everyone wants to use on Andrew Luck), and traded it to the Bengals for Carson Palmer?

Could we organize a twitter flash mob to go completely raze Dolphins HQ?

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 11:38 AM

"ckparrothead wrote:

They just gave Marshall a bunch of extra money this off season after the league year officially started, no? He's not going anywhere, not yet.

But depending on how they're feeling about Clyde Gates' progression (I haven't seen much, personally) they could feel like it's time to part with Brian Hartline.

I would deal Reggie Bush away if someone were to bite. Trading for him was a big mistake.

The most natural thing to do would be trading Randy Starks since Tony McDaniel is getting healthy and Jared Odrick has to fight Starks for playing time. Thing is, Starks is playing well. Someone would have to be willing to give a good price for him. Truthfully the one I'd rather trade is Odrick. I don't think he's meant for this style of defense.

I'd accept a pack of chewing gum for Phil Merling.

I'd be willing to trade Yeremiah Bell but it might be a game too late after the game he had against San Diego.

If someone tossed in a nice offer for Koa Misi, I might actually accept that, but it would have to be a decent offer...3rd rounder.

That's a good list, and a fair run down, CK. I would add in Langford if we are not going to be able to re-sign him. I'm also wondering how high a pick we would have to give a team to take Columbo. :)

ANAnonymousSupporter
Oct 12, 2011, 11:52 AM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Here's a horrifying question.

What would you do, if Jeff Ireland took next year's 1st round pick (you know, the one everyone wants to use on Andrew Luck), and traded it to the Bengals for Carson Palmer?

Could we organize a twitter flash mob to go completely raze Dolphins HQ?

There is no chance of this happening.

thisperishedminthisperishedminForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2011, 11:53 AM

"Onehondo wrote:

Is there such a thing as a Yard Sale in pro football? " Miami Dolphins Yard Sale", used players at good prices, make us an offer and take one home with you today!

Theres a first time for everything... :pointlol:

LarryfinfanLarryfinfanSupporter
Oct 12, 2011, 12:27 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

I think what hes saying is that SF has Morgan out and Edwards off knee surgery and Crabtree playing like a bust...the list of issues with SF wr's goes on and on. Hes saying that sending a WR to SF may not be a bad idea if it nets us an unexpectedly higher draft pick. Like trading Marshall for their first.

Personally, Id trade anyone not named Jake Long, Karlos Dansby, Daniel Thomas, Mike Pouncey and Davone Bess.

EDIT: Oh, and I also wouldnt trade Matt Moore as he helped Carolina Suck For Newton so he can help us Suck For Luck. Actually, has any QB ever been a starter for 2 teams that picked #1 overall?

Archie Manning, but that was the same team, two years in a row...certainly wasn't his fault though...went thru two head coaches as well...

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Oct 12, 2011, 12:46 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Trade Marshall and VD for Tebow and a 2nd. Boom!

I have absolutely no interest in trading anything for Tebow. He is merely a gimmick QB who will never be more than a mediocre player in the NFL. I think he was a great college football player but the Dolphins need a franchise QB if they are going to rebuild the team and Tebow is not now, and never will be a franchise QB.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 12:51 PM

"jw3102 wrote:

I have absolutely no interest in trading anything for Tebow. He is merely a gimmick QB who will never be more than a mediocre player in the NFL. I think he was a great college football player but the Dolphins need a franchise QB if they are going to rebuild the team and Tebow is not now, and never will be a franchise QB.

It was sarcasm.

JMHPhinJMHPhinSupporter
Oct 12, 2011, 12:55 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Here's a horrifying question.

What would you do, if Jeff Ireland took next year's 1st round pick (you know, the one everyone wants to use on Andrew Luck), and traded it to the Bengals for Carson Palmer?

Could we organize a twitter flash mob to go completely raze Dolphins HQ?

stop that! dont even put that in his head

If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.
Theodore Roosevelt

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Oct 12, 2011, 01:02 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

I don't know about "much" bigger...Moore was 1-5 in the games he played in. Not exactly much of a help.

Clausen was 1-12 in games he played in.

Regardless, the entire Panthers team was garbage. Coached by John Fox who is doing an amazing job this year. :lol:

PhinGeneralPhinGeneralSupporter
Oct 12, 2011, 01:10 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Here's a horrifying question.

What would you do, if Jeff Ireland took next year's 1st round pick (you know, the one everyone wants to use on Andrew Luck), and traded it to the Bengals for Carson Palmer?

Could we organize a twitter flash mob to go completely raze Dolphins HQ?

Me thinks Stephen Ross would never sign off on that, as not only would fans raze Dolphins HQ, but his season ticket base next year would probably be fairly microscopic. In fact, they might have to hire someone to gather up all the tumbleweed rolling through the stadium.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2011, 01:15 PM

"steveincolorado wrote:

I'll trade a 100 dollar bill for a Dolphins cheerleader.

I'll trade a hundred dollar bill for a BEER!!!!!!!!!!

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2011, 04:27 PM

Aaron Curry traded to the raiders for two undisclosed draft picks.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

JajJajNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 04:41 PM

Why would a team that has another big guy like McClain trade for him? Can any of those dudes cover all that well?

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

Oct 12, 2011, 05:23 PM

They probably just consider it a good opportunity regardless of their particular need. I have to admit I'd be tempted myself. I mean, you take guys like A.J. Hawk and Derrick Johnson...those guys were BUSTS. No two ways about it. They were drafted to make impacts that after a few years in the NFL, they just weren't making.

Derrick Johnson was drafted in 2005 and by 2008 he still wasn't playing that well, after his 4th year in the league. But by 2009 he was playing much better, and last year 2010 he was pretty awesome, and even this year he's still playing well.

A.J. Hawk basically the same story, except I think some (not the Packers) would argue he's still not playing particularly well. But he was drafted in 2006 and I'd say right around 2009, wasn't he being benched or having his snap counts significantly reduced? Had his best year in 2010 and helped them win a Super Bowl.

I don't know, it seems like that LB position is one where the veterans seem to always be performing better than you'd have thought of them, as in it's a position where players just keep getting better and better every year and teams are often not patient enough with those players.

I swear Zach Thomas had some of his best years as a pro in 2005 and 2006 under Nick Saban...many would say that was probably after his prime. I know London Fletcher seems to age like a fine wine.

If Miami hadn't already overpaid for two veterans in Burnett and Dansby, I'd have been wondering if they shouldn't take a bite out of that apple, trade for Aaron Curry.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

JajJajNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 05:26 PM

The thing about Miami though is that their two guys would probably be better off split to WLB and SLB with a big guy like Curry inside. Then you design a defense to allow them to play in front of them like that. You'd need a big left end, but I think that that is what we'll see maybe even very soon from Mike Nolan. I don't think he'd be opposed to it. Basically he'd shed all of the 2-gap responsibility for the defense and let his linemen fire into their gaps early. It's a missed opportunity honestly.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 12, 2011, 05:34 PM

Aaron Curry is awful IMO. One of the bigger busts in draft history. He's not physical at all, and he's not disciplined enough to not be physical.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

JajJajNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 05:35 PM

He's actually really good in run defense. A better Channing Crowder. He has his role, same with guys like Ray Maulaluga.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 05:38 PM

"Jaj wrote:

He's actually really good in run defense. A better Channing Crowder. He has his role, same with guys like Ray Maulaluga.

Jaj, I had a question for you about the spill technique on the PFF coaches thread from last night., when you get a chance

JajJajNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 05:41 PM

I saw it. You're right. It usually involves going inside shoulder of the T. I don't think Starks can come out of the five technique though, spill and then recover to the ball carrier. Takes someone faster. He can probably get to the inside and force the action east-west though. Really not the best use of the dude. I never found anything about a contain and spill player though on the same snap. As far as Starks though, again I didn't see him doing it throughout his career. I think he was always trying to contain the run.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

SOSouthbeachNew Member
Oct 12, 2011, 05:41 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

I'll trade a hundred dollar bill for a BEER!!!!!!!!!!

And I would buy it for you Pal. Take care, and come home safe.