1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Idea?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by #1dolphinsfan, Mar 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Instead of sending Thigpen to the Bills why dont we see if the Cards would want him. Thigpen has shown that he can play in the NFL when he was with KC and he even showed a little bit at the end of the game in Miami and Matt Leinart hasnt shown anything in the NFL except that he sucks. i really dont like the idea of sending Thigpen to the bills i know he is a good QB and i dont want to face him twice a year even though i still think we would be able to beat the bills that would make it tougher.

cobrajet likes this.
  2. flynryan151

flynryan151 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    To bad we didn't float this for Boldin! Thigpen Popcorn and a pick

cobrajet likes this.
  3. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    You keep talent and add to it.

If Chad Pennington's arm does not pan out we have NO ONE to back up Chad Henne.

Trading Thigpen is a really dumb idea.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Sure we have Pat White....

cobrajet likes this.
  5. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Active Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    thats like saying don strock is available next year. although don might give us a better shot.

cobrajet likes this.
  6. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    At least Pat White counts now as an added prospect at WR.

7. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    We should keep (1)Henne, (2)Pennington and (3)Thigpen in the QB dept. Draft Dexter McCluster who can do everything including the wildcat and send Pat White to the glue factory. The "White experiment" was a failure.

SuperMarksBros and Larryfinfan like this.
  8. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Strock may not have been a QB tour de force but much like Penney, he has a great football mind. Marino benefited from him being on the sidelines.

NJFINSFAN1 and Whitedolphin54 like this.
  9. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

We don't know that they didn't ??

10. sergiomiguel2

sergiomiguel2 New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    why is he considered a bust after one year and a year where he not only was getting use to ball size, but was given a very complex package due to his skill set and was changing his throwing motion? oh yea all that seems real easy to pick up in one year!!!
    do you crucify a rookie 1st round QB for not starting his first year or not doin well? let alone a 2nd rounder that is changing his mechanics!!!

11. SuperMarksBros

SuperMarksBros New Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Alot of us think drafting the guy was a mistake in the first place, and just dont want to see the problem compounded by trading away a potentially starting calibur qb

miamiron likes this.
  12. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Yup!! White was a mistake because of infatuation with the Wildcat and the thought that his college experience would translate into the NFL. That formation scheme may still be effective, but it will not take the place of a base formation, and it takes the starting QB out of the game too much.

Thigpen has much the same skill set, if not quite the speed of White, and is a lot more substantial in body than White is. And he has a legitimate NFL arm. White has not shown that in any way. Plus, if needed, Thigpen can adequately fill in for Henne. He has shown that in NFL starts, not only last year in the emergency, but in KC.

SuperMarksBros likes this.
  13. rushfinfan02

rushfinfan02 New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Pennington was broght back to help out henne. He will be listed as the second QB on the roster but I dont feel that he will get any playing time even if Henne gets hurt. Now do i have faith in White no but I think that this draft is so deep that if we were able to get a third or forth for Thigpen we would have to do it no questions asked. I feel that after a full season in the NFL and a full off season where White can work on his mechanics I think he will be a valuable player to have on this team. I know it sounds ludricrist but i have a feeling that he will be ok not a starting QB by any means but a good second string.

14. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Lol

15. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Do you really think White was drafted as a potential NFL caliber QB ?? Even the Tuna on his worst day wouldn't think that way. Yeah, they preached that that was the reason for drafting him, but the reality is they drafted him for a gimmick position and it didn't work out. This regime is building quite a list of blunders....Wilson, Wilfork, Green, White, McCown, Crocker, Ayodele....it just keeps growing...

miamiron likes this.
  16. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    get over the Boldin thing already
    we had no interest

Daytona Fin likes this.
  17. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Active Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    i loved strock, i wasnt dissing him. just saying hes probably more capable of playing qb right now than white is. i have a ton of great memories watching strock play. those were the good old days for me.

jedburg likes this.
  18. Strock could have been a starter all of his career on most other teams. There was no free agency back then & Shula knew what he had with a starter quality backup. We would have had to release or trade him & Shula wasn't about to do either.

In other words, I agree.

19. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I agree but somebody is going to get traded thats a fact.Nobody has 4 qbs on the roster when the season starts.
    I am like you I really like thigpen but I do not see pennington having much value with his shoulder and age.Pat white has no value you at all and I would love to see him just cut but the fo will not do that because they have a 2nd rd pick invested.
    Thigpen will be traded lets just hope it is not too the bills because he will make us regret it if we do.

20. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We have four QB's for THREE likely spots....I think Pat White is the odd man out unless he gets moved to another position like WR...I doubt that happens. I think a lot depends on whether Chad P is healthy next year. If Chad P can back up Henne then there is no need to keep Thigpen around. The Steelers may need a QB with Big Ben molesting all these women.