1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Proposal Opinions

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by quelonio, Jul 23, 2009.

1. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    So I am fourth in a baseball league, and have really been stuck at fourth for a while now... A friend of mine just proposed to me this trade:

He gives me Kevin Millwood and Derreck Lee

I give him Yovani Gallardo

Pitching is one of my strengths I got Gallardo, Johan Santana, King Felix, Jarrod Washburn, Matt Garza and Bucholz. Meanwhile 1B is def the weakest position I got, right now I am starting Casey Blake. Who is Ok, but def not giving me too much.

I need RBI and I need Homers.

Do you think this is a good trade for me to take... I am kinda unsure about it. I dunno if Derrek Lee is what I want.

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'd try to deal Johan Santana for a big time 1st baseman like Morneau, Youkilis, Teixeira, Fielder, Howard.

The above trade isn't a bad deal but the Mets are going nowhere so who knows how many wins Santana will get for the rest of the year and because he's a big name/big time pitcher you should be able to get a big time player in return.

Good luck.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I would go with Ray's suggestion as well. Lee is battling injury as well. Santana might be able to get you multiple players. Now might be a good time to buy low on Ryan Howard (he usually goes bonkers the 2nd half) or maybe an Adrian Gonzalez who has been a bit cold lately (could probably get an upgrade at another position as well)

I would also sell high on washburn. Keep Felix and Gallardo as your aces and you'll be fine. Even though Johan is a money pitcher, pitching is not what wins in fantasy at least for me. You can probably find serviceable stop gaps at SP, maybe someone like a Ubaldo Jimenez, Jorge De La Rosa (Last 10 starts been solid), Liriano (check out last 5 starts), Jason hammel (1+ era away from coors) or Scott Kazmir could be had at a relatively cheap price.

4. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    Tell me about those Mets, I bought low on Reyes before the injury. Hoping for steals. A week later he had the injury. If it wasnt cuz Citi is a damn beautiful field, I feel like there is nothing to rescue about this season.

I have a hard time thinking of dealing Santana. He just is too dear to my heart. But I will see if something pops up

5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    You may have a hard time separating fantasy from reality if you're having a hard time dealing Johan. Johan in reality is one of the top 2 pitchers in baseball and it would be unfathomable for the Mets to deal him unless they got a major haul back. In fantasy that stuff doesnt matter. Guys like Felix Hernandez and Gallardo are more then enough to head a staff in fantasy.

As a side note: Hang on to reyes. He looks to be on the way back soon and while the sb's may be down because he is less then a 100% hes still better then the majority of whats out there.

Citi is nice but I still miss shea. This year is shaping up just like the first one at Shea; awful.