Trade Proposal Opinions

Discussion in 'Other Fantasy Sports' started by quelonio, Jul 23, 2009.

1. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    So I am fourth in a baseball league, and have really been stuck at fourth for a while now... A friend of mine just proposed to me this trade:

He gives me Kevin Millwood and Derreck Lee

I give him Yovani Gallardo

Pitching is one of my strengths I got Gallardo, Johan Santana, King Felix, Jarrod Washburn, Matt Garza and Bucholz. Meanwhile 1B is def the weakest position I got, right now I am starting Casey Blake. Who is Ok, but def not giving me too much.

I need RBI and I need Homers.

Do you think this is a good trade for me to take... I am kinda unsure about it. I dunno if Derrek Lee is what I want.

2. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I'd try to deal Johan Santana for a big time 1st baseman like Morneau, Youkilis, Teixeira, Fielder, Howard.

The above trade isn't a bad deal but the Mets are going nowhere so who knows how many wins Santana will get for the rest of the year and because he's a big name/big time pitcher you should be able to get a big time player in return.

Good luck.

Boik14 likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    I would go with Ray's suggestion as well. Lee is battling injury as well. Santana might be able to get you multiple players. Now might be a good time to buy low on Ryan Howard (he usually goes bonkers the 2nd half) or maybe an Adrian Gonzalez who has been a bit cold lately (could probably get an upgrade at another position as well)

I would also sell high on washburn. Keep Felix and Gallardo as your aces and you'll be fine. Even though Johan is a money pitcher, pitching is not what wins in fantasy at least for me. You can probably find serviceable stop gaps at SP, maybe someone like a Ubaldo Jimenez, Jorge De La Rosa (Last 10 starts been solid), Liriano (check out last 5 starts), Jason hammel (1+ era away from coors) or Scott Kazmir could be had at a relatively cheap price.

4. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    Tell me about those Mets, I bought low on Reyes before the injury. Hoping for steals. A week later he had the injury. If it wasnt cuz Citi is a damn beautiful field, I feel like there is nothing to rescue about this season.

I have a hard time thinking of dealing Santana. He just is too dear to my heart. But I will see if something pops up

5. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    You may have a hard time separating fantasy from reality if you're having a hard time dealing Johan. Johan in reality is one of the top 2 pitchers in baseball and it would be unfathomable for the Mets to deal him unless they got a major haul back. In fantasy that stuff doesnt matter. Guys like Felix Hernandez and Gallardo are more then enough to head a staff in fantasy.

As a side note: Hang on to reyes. He looks to be on the way back soon and while the sb's may be down because he is less then a 100% hes still better then the majority of whats out there.

Citi is nice but I still miss shea. This year is shaping up just like the first one at Shea; awful.