1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transportation to Sun Life from Fort Lauderdale??

Discussion in 'The Phins Connection - Tailgating & More' started by TeamGrimey, Dec 4, 2014.

1. TeamGrimey

TeamGrimey New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    I dunno if this is in the correct category but if not please steer me in that direction. My wife and I are heading down from Canada to Miami this weekend for the game.. we're staying in FT Lauderdale and don't really wanna drive to the game as we'd like to tailgate... Anyone know if there is direct transport from Ft Lauderdale? Or what the easiest way of getting there via public transit would be?

Does the tri rail still go to Sun Life? if so, any idea how I could get to it from Lauderdale?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! I've seen the team in 11 stadiums before but never at home!! SUPER PUMPED!!

2. TeamGrimey

TeamGrimey New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Oooh... also... where do I go to buy all the cool kitschy Dolphins stuff? Like Golf stuff, barbeque stuff etc? I plan on filling a suitcase with Dolphins stuff to bring home with me.... You can barely get any Dolphins stuff in Toronto.... Stupid Bills..

3. Not So Fast

Not So Fast Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Lake Worth, FL
  4. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Take the Tri-rail. You'll take a bus to the stadium then it will take you back after the game. Don't mess around too long after the game though or the bus will leave without you.

5. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The shop at the stadium is beyond awesome. Anything you could think of.

6. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    The bus is the right answer BUT if you have a little extra money to spend, you may want to consider looking for a party bus. There are several companies that do it and they feed you, give you alcohol and create a real party experience...it's a great way to get psyched up for the game.

In terms of merchandise, everyone from WalMart to Sports Authority and all the malls sell loads of Dolphin gear. While the shops at the stadium are awesome, they are a lot more expensive too....so just go to a local Walmart or Target before the game and see what you can get there. If you get a chance, the Flea Market on Sunrise Blvd (northern ft lauderdale) also has tons of merchandise super-cheap, a lot of it is knockoff stuff though so that's up to you. As I said though, I'd also hit a few shopping malls and the discount clothing stores (Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc.)....Sawgrass Mills would be a good destination since they have all that stuff in one place.

So I'd say for Dolphins gear, hit-

1) Sawgrass Mills the day you arrive.
    1a) Be sure to go to Sports Authority in Sawgrass Mills....they have TONS of Fin gear at decent prices.
    2) Go to the flea market and enjoy the free carnival, then look around for cheap Dolphins gear. (Remember, haggle on prices here!)
    3) Look in other Walmarts and Targets around town before the game.
    4) Shop with street vendors outside the stadium for cheap T-shirts and hats (haggle with them too!)
    5) Buy directly from the stadium, which is going to be a high retail price.
    6) Or skip #'s 2, 3 and 5 and buy directly from Amazon.com and eBay.

7. captjag

captjag New Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Sending a pm about the tri-rail. I thought the shuttle wasn't running anymore?

Edit- Or Not, guess I don't have those rights yet.