1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelling from the UK

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JohnMarshall, Nov 21, 2016.

1. JohnMarshall

JohnMarshall New Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Hi All

A newbie here!

I am travelling from the UK to Florida in December the day before the Cardinals game. I know very little about football but thought it would be a great experience to attend a game. I have a few questions which I hope you may be able to help me with!!

Are home and away fans segregated like they are with football (Soccer) in the UK?

Where is the best place to try and get tickets in the stadium? Is there a place in the ground that has a hard core group of fans? I want the best experience I can get

I am staying about 20 miles away from the stadium, is it easy to get to and from the game by taxi?

Should I arrive well before kick off? Is there good pre game entertainment?

Apologies if these are obvious/stupid questions but like I said this is a new thing for me

I hope you can help

Thanks

John

2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Welcome John :cool:

There is a "home" and "away" side of the field but no the fans are not actually segregated. Meaning at some point you may get stuck sitting to a piece of scum Bills, Jets or Patriots fan. Luckily for you, you picked the Cardinals game lol.

You may want to arrive early and tailgate with other fans. That's something I always enjoy prior to actually going in to the stadium. Many fans will arrive real early and grill some food and drink. I don't know if you're going with friends or family but it's something to think about.

Someone who lives closer then I will be better prepared to know how it is getting to and from the stadium by taxi.

3. JohnMarshall

JohnMarshall New Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Thanks for replying. It will be just myself and my wife. I assume the tailgating are organised by groups of personal friends rather than just something we can turn up to?? Tickets have now been booked and am looking forward to the day