1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travis Daniels Traded to Browns (undisclosed pick)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Aug 20, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Daniels Traded To Browns

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2008/08/dolphins-trade.html

Credit goes to IDFinFan for the find in the CL.

Doesn't surprise me that the Browns make a defensive back move since they are lacking at that position but it does surprise me they went after Daniels. I'm not a fan of Daniels as he gets burned a lot. Wish them the best of luck with him.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  2. IDFinFan

IDFinFan New Member

Apr 21, 2008
  3. IDFinFan

IDFinFan New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    lol your quick alen1 :up:

4. THCMAN

THCMAN New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Miami
    That's brutal. These guys aren't playing around...

ATVZ400 likes this.
  5. SF Dolfan

SF Dolfan New Member

May 3, 2008
    I really liked the way Daniels came in and played as a rookie, but he's gotten worse, not better. I think Thomas has out played him in camp/ preseason. I also think we may try to bring in another corner to develop after final cuts are made. Anyway, I hope he does well in Cleveland, just not against us.

6. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Holy ... no they are not.

7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    after his performance against jacksonville i'm not surprised other than the fact that we got anything for him. Good for us keeping Lehan and moving Daniels

WharfRat, gunn34 and cnc66 like this.
  8. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

lol

NO wonder Sparano said he thought Travis was playing well. Helps get a trade done better than saying he is struggling.

Didn't the Browns have Cribbs go down?

B.

9. Bpk

Again....

These guys would trade the Dolphin off the helmet if the league'd let 'em.

funkdat and Jt0323 like this.
  10. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    he also said, in this league, if you have corners, you want to keep those guys on your team. Then whamo!

11. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    im really liking everything the dolphins have been doing and how they were rebuilding...

Celtkin likes this.
  12. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I only really liked him the first season he was here just because it looked like he had some up side. Ever since then hes been a big disappointment.

13. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    So Jones makes it as the 4th CB but who makes it as the 5?

14. joker2thief

joker2thief New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Along the Watchtower
    790 says it was a seventh round pick

Bpk likes this.
  15. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    any idea on the pick??

16. Bpk

Figuring we got a 6th.

They never release what the pick was when it'll sound low and annoy the fans. They always seem to release it when it's a nice high pick, though.

17. Bpk

Like magic.

And magic is predicated upon misdirection.

:)

18. Bpk

A seventh, huh? Well, theres a potential special teams/practice squad guy for next year's camp.

I guess it's better than simply releasing him.

Celtkin likes this.
  19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ugh. Better than nothing though. I thought we could pry out a fifth from them since they are in a desperate need of a CB.

20. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

But...I thought depth was an issue at CB?...

Hmmm....guess we will see...

WharfRat likes this.
  21. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I was hoping for a sixth as we just pulled Donald Thomas out of our asses (not literally) in the sixth round.

22. RalphX19X

RalphX19X >:)

Nov 23, 2007
    Miami
    Joey Thomas

23. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Always confused those two.

24. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Should tell you something though.

Parcells absolutely positively hates having slow CBs. He doesn't care about having burners on his team, but all of the CBs have at least good speed. A couple in Will and Goodman have very good speed, especially Will.

The safeties are fairly fast.

25. Bpk

NEWSFLASH: DOLPHINS TRADE "TD"

[​IMG]

In a move that has caught many players off-guard, the Dolphins traded longtime mascot "TD" this morning to the Miami Seaquarium for 4 annual passes and a coupon for a large order of Frings.

After a promising beginning to training camp, TD had struggled of late, making mental errors on well-known cheers and not showing his trademark energy. "Yeah, I know TD, he was feelin' down on himself in camp. It's tough. I know he fought through some stuff.", Joey Porter said upon hearing of the trade.

But things had gone downhill for the longtime mascot as he battle a left flipper injury and a dorsal fin sprain. The breaking point came during the Jacksonville game when, frustrated, TD made the mistake of "flipping off" a youngster in the Jacksonville crowd for taunting him.

"The kid said he wasn't tuna-safe. He didn't know how right he'd turn out to be", commented Dolphins Safety Yeremiah Bell, referring to the Dolphins Chief of Football Operqations, Bill Parcells' nickname, "the Tuna". TD's departure contimues a housecleaning started by Parcells this offseason.

As he arrived at the Seaquarium complex this afternoon, TD forlornly responded, "I wish them the best this year. I still have fish left in the tank. I know it."

TD will be continuing to work out with Seaquarium employee Scorpio Babers in hopes of catching on with another team if a mascot goes down with an injury.

[Credit to Regan21286 for the idea]

26. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    if the league would give them future draft picks i am all for it.....thats 53 picks....woohoo.

Bpk likes this.
  27. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I like this move.. I like the new Motto. You EARN the LOGO... If you do not your gone.. Simple effective way of dealing with the prissy players..

dirtywhiteboy and Bpk like this.
  28. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol: B, I thought it was real at first until I saw the end LOL.

29. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

His play as a rook was skewed by the knowledge he had of the system, making him a little better than advertised...then he had the ankle injury and things went downhill from there...again, not a shocking move that Tunaland would want to get a pick from someone who would struggle in this scheme, but who has starting experience and could at least be a decent #3 corner or even a FS (which I think is his better position...)

gunn34 likes this.
  30. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    At quick glance, I thought the headline read "Dolphins Trade Brown" I about fell out of my chair!

No big loss. It's nice to see us collecting picks, instead of giving them away.

calphin likes this.
  31. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    :up::up: Finally.

32. dolphinfn3454

dolphinfn3454 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 5, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

33. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Not really a big loss here for us. He hasn't shown much in his time here. Nice to see we at least got a pick for him, even if it is only a 6th or 7th.

34. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    Wow, don't know if I am shocked,stunned or happy with this move.I thought CB was a position that we needed help at? A 7th round pick for Daniels..I guess. So, does this mean we go after a vet....."Lito Sheppard"?Or just stick with what we got?

Well, after looking for more info on this trade I fell across this little piece of info, maybe this had a little part in the trade:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=120391

Yes, I realize that Crocker is a S and Daniels was a CB, but could the FO be thinking of someone switching to CB?
    I just hope that the FO do something as far as CB is concerned, because if Will Allen or Andre Goodman goes down, were in trouble.

35. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Daniels was on the bubble anyways and may have not made the roster. Joey Thomas and Nathan Jones were going to probably make it over him which would give us four corners. If we do add another one, it will likely be from the waiver wire. I'd look at the Bills corners, they are stacked there and there was talk earlier this off-season that they could let Youboty go. I'm not sure how likely it is now but they do have a lot of DB's (8 of them).

As for the Jason Allen news, I don't know how much you can look into that. Allen has been very impressive this off-season and he is very likely to start at the Safety spot. I know Crocker was one of the two safeties mentioned as possibly being cut, the other one being Renaldo Hill. Crocker will stick as a backup to JA imo.

36. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yes, they do like him. However, I don't see them taking Allen off the field in place of Crocker unless they use the 3-3-5 defensive scheme in a game. Allen can be a good player in this simplistic defense.

EDIT: Even when they do use the 3-3-5 scheme, he wouldn't come off the field imo.

38. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    You must be a JA fan.:wink2:

39. Styla

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    I tell you Aqua, the Fo is sure making things tough for my rosters on Madden 08, I just had my draft and re-signed Daniels.:pity:

Okay another question here, looks like the FO want there own guys, do you think Jason Allen stays since he was a Satan"Saban"guy??just a thought.

40. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Good question. *I* don't really know. If they continue to run a simple defensive scheme and he makes plays, then he will stay imo. But if he struggles, he could be replaced.