1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trevor Immelman wins 2008 Masters Championship

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by brandon27, Apr 13, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/masters08/news/story?id=3345115

2. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Just got done watching.I am very happy for the young South American.
    He played well the whole tourney and deserved to win.
    The other golfers did'nt play well in the last round except Tiger,and everyone from the announcers to the gallery wanted him to win.Why? I don't know.Never seen him smile,and he threw his club around and pouted every time "he" had a bad shot.
    Sedaka played reckless at times and it cost him,but was still happy to be there and it showed.This is a tough course with very mean greens, played well by many but there is only one winner.Great weekend of golf.:up:

3. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    im one of the few who enjoys seeing anybody but tiger win

4. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    i really enjoy watching tiger win... with that being said though It is indeed always nice for a good story, and a good guy like Immelman to win his first major at the challenging augusta course thats for sure, I do agree though, its nice to see others win :up: However, i also like seeing tiger win too

5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I also am a Tigger hater....Mr. I-am-going-to-win-all-4-majors-this-year. :tongue2:

6. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    not to nitpick but he is South African.

7. charlestonphan

Mar 22, 2008
    i was glad to see him win though, he had a couple rough moments down the stretch but held it together. that had to be some kind of pressure.

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ahh tigger is just a cartoon character....no need to hate on him

[​IMG]

9. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    :sidelol: nice one, good pickup, i hadn't even noticed :hi5:

SICK likes this.
  10. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    Tough not to be a fan of Immelman after this tournament.
    Did you see him, walking up the 18th, call over Snedekar? Very classy move. That is truly one of the great things about golf. It's a very rare occurance that you come across someone who doesn't show good sportsmanship.

I don't get the Tiger hate, but I guess to each his own.
    I always root for Tiger because I want to see history. Tiger is history. What I can't do is root against just about any other golfer. Most of PGA touring pro's are good guys, so I can't help but root for them. That's another big difference with golf, at least for me. There aren't many for me to root against.
    FWIW many golf fans hated Jack when he was an up and comer, and now everyone loves the man. Same will happen with Tiger.

Is there a more beautiful golf course on Earth? I don't think so.

Finrunner likes this.
  11. charlestonphan

Mar 22, 2008
    it used to anger me how much coverage Tiger gets, even when he is playing poorly, but he doesn't control that.

12. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Yep,your right on both accounts.I must of gotten thrown off that they all speak english.:wink2:

13. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    Rory Sabbatini..That is a man I can easily root against...

As for Immelman I'm glad he won. It's all too often in tournaments that a player will lead the first 3 rounds only to fall apart in the 4th and lose. He showed alot composure holding on and coming out on top.

As for Tiger, from a golfing stand-point I have NO idea how anyone can hate him. The guy is as close to perfect as there has ever been. Just watching him swing the club is one of the most beautiful things you can witness.
    As for Tiger the person, I have heard alot of stories about how bad he is to fans, I've seen him curse and throw clubs, "disrespect" opponents by cruising past them to get to his ball while they're getting clubbed or focusing on their shot.
    For these things I can understand disliking Tiger the person, but I could never root against Tiger the golfer.

finswin56 likes this.
  14. finswin56

finswin56 Get a mop

Dec 3, 2007
    St. Augustine
    QFT
    That's exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote that post. He just reminds me of stereotypical silver spooned spoiled brat. What an ***.