1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trigger happy refs.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Merauder, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Seems like there have been A LOT of flags thrown so far this season. Anyone else noticing this trend? For example last night the Packers were flagged a franchise high 18 times. Not only are the refs throwing a lot of flags, but they are also very inconsistent. For example, the horsesh*t unnecessary roughness on Clemons. If they are going to call that, why wasn't there a flag on the blatent helmet to helmet hit on Ronnie? I guess nobody saw that one. Please share your thoughts on this because I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks about how much the refs are impacting games so far this season. Personally I think they had a big impact on the game on Sunday night.

BayAreaFinFan and gafinfan like this.
  2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Never blame a loss on the refs.....IMO

3. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

I too question that non call also the lack of holding calls on Wake this season. Yet I have to agree with Killerphins that we lost this game because we were out coached and out played imo.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  4. DOLPHANITY

DOLPHANITY Wooo Dolphins

Oct 21, 2009
    JERSEY
    Yea I saw Wake being held at least 3 times when he had clear shots on Sanchez.

gafinfan likes this.
  5. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Here is a complete breakdown by seperate NFL crews. Look at the breakdowns, its evident Andersons crew throws a lot more flags then most. When you hit each breakdown it shows what kind of penalties, yards how many times called throughout the 3 game season so far. There are a lot of flags this year for pickydicky stuff. You will see some crews AVERAGING 15 TO 20 FLAGS PER GAME

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsOfficials?table=yards

Merauder and DOLPHANITY like this.
  6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

David Stern has taken over the NFL.

7. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    So is that a facemask on Ronnie in your picture:wink2:

8. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The league office always instruct the officials to call the games tighter at the start of the season. It's that way in all sports, not just the NFL. They will let the players play more as the season goes on. Unless you've been a official at a high level, fans will never understand why it's that way, but it is.

BTW, the hit on Ronnie was clean.