1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trust issues

Discussion in 'Outreach Forum' started by Seeking Answers, May 14, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seeking Answers

Seeking Answers New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    My wife and I have been together for awhile. She has given me no reason at all not to trust her. But i have been speculating lately. She acts weird sometimes with her phone, so I looked up phone numbers she has texted on our phone bill. And there is one number i do not recognize. I called it on her cell and it is not someone she has in her address book. I dont know the situation, and I dont want to piss her off if she did nothing wrong and I'll look like a assclown. So my question is, How should I go about this? And how can I look up a cellphone number online for free? Thanks, God Bless!

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    If she's never given you reason to not trust her, why don't you?

I don't think you should go behind her back, if you want to find out about trust. That would sort of defeat the purpose. I think you need to approach her honestly and without attitude. Lies and deceit don't begat honesty.

3. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    Maybe it's a work-related number. Maybe it's a girlfriend she confides in. While you'd probably like every little secret to be between you and your wife, realize that, just like you probably complain about her to some of your buds, she's probably complaining about you to her girls and that's a place neither of you want to go to.

Leave it alone. Try being sweet to her instead of being suspicious.

4. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

At this point I think I will echo the prior posters. Maybe her being a little wierd is because you are being a little wierd and it is feeding on each other. Be loving to her and see if that doesn't get an equal response!

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

while she has given no reason to trust you unfortunately you going on her phone behind her back is you giving her reason not to trust you regardless if she has found out or not.

if you're concerned it's something that would harm your marriage the best way is to just confront it without sugar coating it and a lack of attitude.

trust is made by continual action

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Listen, if you have a feeling something is wrong you may just be right....either way you need to sleep better at night so investigate it.

I mean you being miserable doesnt help the relationship either.

Quietly investigate this, call the # at another time and if a dude answers I would REALLY look into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.