Tua 2nd most effective deep passer in 2022

298 replies

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 8, 2023, 03:16 PM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

I didn't call anyone names. I said hitman8 has a loser mentality when it comes to the Dolphins. The whole "nothing ever goes right, nobody should be optimistic, it's been 30+ years blah blah blah" attitude is not what anyone wants to hear over and over again.

Then Owes, saying "I can see Tua getting hurt" from something he trained for this off-season comment fits right into that.

I can't stand the negative attitude, the "aww shucks that's just our luck", especially when things are really trending upwards.

Put ‘em on ignore bro

FinFaninBuffaloFinFaninBuffaloForum Veteran
Jun 8, 2023, 03:41 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Put ‘em on ignore bro

I did yesterday. Looks weird to see posters have conversations with themselves.

Film first, numbers second. If the numbers don’t match what is seen on film, something is likely wrong with the numbers.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 8, 2023, 04:32 PM

"FinFaninBuffalo wrote:

I did yesterday. Looks weird to see posters have conversations with themselves.

Good for you…at least we can start threads and have real football conversations that have context..

Serpico JonesSerpico JonesForum Veteran
Jun 13, 2023, 02:11 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

what is your point?

The ball hangs in the air. Throws to the outside are late and behind because of the lack of arm strength which is why he throws mostly to the middle of the field. Most of his interceptions come from throws to the outside.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jun 13, 2023, 06:00 PM

"Serpico Jones wrote:

The ball hangs in the air. Throws to the outside are late and behind because of the lack of arm strength which is why he throws mostly to the middle of the field. Most of his interceptions come from throws to the outside.

Stating things like this mean you're a hater.

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Jun 13, 2023, 06:12 PM

"Serpico Jones wrote:

The ball hangs in the air. Throws to the outside are late and behind because of the lack of arm strength which is why he throws mostly to the middle of the field. Most of his interceptions come from throws to the outside.

League wide the Int% was 2.3% in 2022.
Tua had a 1.7% Int%.

Serpico JonesSerpico JonesForum Veteran
Jun 13, 2023, 06:19 PM

"Pauly wrote:

League wide the Int% was 2.3% in 2022.
Tua had a 1.7% Int%.

He threw four interceptions against Pittsburgh that were all dropped. He won’t be so lucky again next season. Also, the offensive system was figured out by defensive coordinators in the last few games which led to his struggles.

PAPaulyForum Veteran
Jun 13, 2023, 06:29 PM

"Serpico Jones wrote:

He threw four interceptions against Pittsburgh that were all dropped. He won’t be so lucky again next season. Also, the offensive system was figured out by defensive coordinators in the last few games which led to his struggles.

No, one of those throws he was lucky not to be intercepted, the others were extreme efforts by the defenders to even get a hand on the ball. If you want to see what bad interception worthy throws actually look like I suggest you watch the Pitt QB from that game.
Also if DBs could catch they’d be WRs. Historically roughly 50% of throws that “should be intercepted” get dropped. The way statistics work that means some games a QB will have all their ‘interception worthy’ throws dropped and other games they’ll have all of their ‘interception worthy’ throws caught. So even if it was true that Tua throw 4 balls that ‘should have been intercepted” in the Pitt game that doesn’t worry me because over the season he still had a lower actual Int% than the league average.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Jun 13, 2023, 07:52 PM

"Serpico Jones wrote:

He threw four interceptions against Pittsburgh that were all dropped. He won’t be so lucky again next season. Also, the offensive system was figured out by defensive coordinators in the last few games which led to his struggles.

He had four interceptions against Pittsburgh…that were dropped. Then they weren’t interceptions!

That’s like saying he had X number of additional receptions by his receivers…that were dropped. Those weren’t receptions. They were incomplete passes.

Now if you want to say he had some bad passes in this game or that game, fine but to say they were interceptions…that weren’t is beyond stupid.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Jun 13, 2023, 08:41 PM

And, we're back to dropped interceptions all of a sudden.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 13, 2023, 09:21 PM

"resnor wrote:

Stating things like this mean you're a hater.

Tom Brady had the athleticism of turtle and ate many plays that cost his team

But what did he do during the totality of the game, season, career is what context is about

I can point to many flaws to many great players but without context you’re nothing but a hater

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 13, 2023, 09:32 PM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

And, we're back to dropped interceptions all of a sudden.

It’s the capacity for which they can reach

Serpico JonesSerpico JonesForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 02:01 AM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

He had four interceptions against Pittsburgh…that were dropped. Then they weren’t interceptions!

That’s like saying he had X number of additional receptions by his receivers…that were dropped. Those weren’t receptions. They were incomplete passes.

Now if you want to say he had some bad passes in this game or that game, fine but to say they were interceptions…that weren’t is beyond stupid.

He played poorly and luck bailed him out.

FinFaninBuffaloFinFaninBuffaloForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 09:40 AM

"TheHighExhaulted wrote:

And, we're back to dropped interceptions all of a sudden.

The arguments that these guys make match exactly what you would say if you were on a message board of a rival team and were ripping on their QB that just finished #1 in passer rating and nearly every other category. You'd have no choice but to move on to imaginary things, especially if you predicted for two years that he couldn't do what he just did.

Film first, numbers second. If the numbers don’t match what is seen on film, something is likely wrong with the numbers.

SceetoSceetoForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 03:12 PM

"FinFaninBuffalo wrote:

especially if you predicted for two years that he couldn't do what he just did.

What? Get injured and miss the playoffs?

StaleTacosStaleTacosForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 04:17 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

What? Get injured and miss the playoffs?

LOL!

If he fails to get a deal done with Tua I'm joining the call for "Grier has to go". -cbrad

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 14, 2023, 05:24 PM

"FinFaninBuffalo wrote:

The arguments that these guys make match exactly what you would say if you were on a message board of a rival team and were ripping on their QB that just finished #1 in passer rating and nearly every other category. You'd have no choice but to move on to imaginary things, especially if you predicted for two years that he couldn't do what he just did.

and the two posts above are complete troll jobs..

they're laughing at yall.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Jun 14, 2023, 05:25 PM

"FinFaninBuffalo wrote:

The arguments that these guys make match exactly what you would say if you were on a message board of a rival team and were ripping on their QB that just finished #1 in passer rating and nearly every other category. You'd have no choice but to move on to imaginary things, especially if you predicted for two years that he couldn't do what he just did.

shut them up with that.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 05:34 PM
"djphinfan wrote:

shut them up with that.

I'm sure I'll get called a hater, but none of us are concerned about the games, or portion of games, that he played well. We're concerned about the games or portion of games where he, or the offense, played poorly. Looking at overall stats isn't really helpful, because it isn't addressing the issues people have. It's great, I'm glad that Tua lead the league in things. I also feel that a 4 or 5 game stretch really skewed his overall numbers. So for me, the jury is still out, while for many of you, it isn't.

I'm not sure why I even try to engage, I'm sure the responses will be great.

Tuanon4LifeTuanon4LifeForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 06:16 PM

"resnor wrote:

I'm sure I'll get called a hater, but none of us are concerned about the games, or portion of games, that he played well. We're concerned about the games or portion of games where he, or the offense, played poorly. Looking at overall stats isn't really helpful, because it isn't addressing the issues people have. It's great, I'm glad that Tua lead the league in things. I also feel that a 4 or 5 game stretch really skewed his overall numbers. So for me, the jury is still out, while for many of you, it isn't.

I'm not sure why I even try to engage, I'm sure the responses will be great.

I think you're way too critical of Tua. Everyone has bad games. He had a fantastic season as a whole. Josh Allen led the league in turnovers last year and he lands the Madden cover in 24. Help me understand why a turd like Josh Allen can walk on water no matter what but Tua has to play 17 perfect games for people to be satisfied.

VManisVManisSupporter
Jun 14, 2023, 06:31 PM

"resnor wrote:

I'm sure I'll get called a hater, but none of us are concerned about the games, or portion of games, that he played well. We're concerned about the games or portion of games where he, or the offense, played poorly. Looking at overall stats isn't really helpful, because it isn't addressing the issues people have. It's great, I'm glad that Tua lead the league in things. I also feel that a 4 or 5 game stretch really skewed his overall numbers. So for me, the jury is still out, while for many of you, it isn't.

I'm not sure why I even try to engage, I'm sure the responses will be great.

You post that you don't want to acknowledge the good plays or even his play in its entirety but rather focus on the bad plays and then wonder why people would label you a hater?

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 06:58 PM

"VManis wrote:

You post that you don't want to acknowledge the good plays or even his play in its entirety but rather focus on the bad plays and then wonder why people would label you a hater?

"I don't want to talk about the positives, I only want to talk about the negatives, but I'm not a hater."

Can't make it up.

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 07:45 PM

From Reddit:
r/miamidolphins

•Posted by
u/M_A_10
8 hours ago

Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel, asked on “Pardon My Take” to explain why Tua Tagovailoa is criticized more than the average quarterback.

“There are a couple things going on. I’ve wondered the same thing, in terms of the polarization. A lot of people have strong opinions either way.

“The starting point is he is different. Different makes people uncomfortable. If you haven’t noticed, he throws with his left-hand, not right, which is crazy because he’s right-handed. He learned how to throw left on instruction from his father.”

McDaniel’s second theory for the criticism of Tagovailoa:

“Throughout the history of time, people have shunned others when they can’t pronounce their last name, which it has a lot of vowels.

“Also, there is also a lot of conviction. When there is a lot of conviction with people and they’re over the top about it, people tend to speak up on the negative. And once you dig your heels in, three years down the road, you have voodoo dolls of Tua because he’s the bane of your existence because you said you didn’t like him one time and you’re tripling down. I feel great about the guy.”

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 07:58 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

What? Get injured and miss the playoffs?

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

FinFaninBuffaloFinFaninBuffaloForum Veteran
Jun 14, 2023, 07:59 PM

"Sceeto wrote:

What? Get injured and miss the playoffs?

after leading the league in every major passing category.....

Film first, numbers second. If the numbers don’t match what is seen on film, something is likely wrong with the numbers.