1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tua getting the ball out quick

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Here's a chart showing average time to depth for starters. Bottom scale is time and Left scale is yards.

[​IMG]

2. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Hopefully our OL can gel as the season goes on so that he has more time to go through all of his progressions before being forced to get the ball out.

3. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    That chart confuses me- the "depth of target" part would be dictated by the formation/play call, the receiver's release and route, etc. I mean, it's great that Tua is throwing an average of 9 yards in less than 2.5 seconds, but I don't know if that tells us anything after just one game (or at all, really).

For instance, Tua's best throws last week were almost instant releases to Parker and Waddle on 1-yard slant passes. Do we care how long the initial distance was if it goes for 10+ yards after the catch? I think if anything, these combined stats say more about the line than the QB- Baker Mayfield is throwing at the 3.2 second mark because he actually has 3.2 seconds. We don't.

4. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    You can't infer that we don't have the same amount of time. Just be cause he got rid of it fast doesn't mean he had to get rid of it fast.

KeyFin likes this.
  5. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Either way, I hope that it slows down as we go.

KeyFin likes this.