Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He operated by throwing for more yards than he has ever thrown, more touchdowns than he has ever thrown, and with a higher completion percentage he as ever put up, all without missing a single game.

danmarino likes this.
  2. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Dolphins Tua Tagovailoa stars in Super Bowl ad

resnor likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    No one cares dude, if you’re gonna complain because some people have different topics and convictions that are different than what you think is important, then don’t let the door hit ya

The premise for me and why it’s important to me is if my Qb doesn’t give a **** about his physical condition then why should I, if you think opinion lacks common sense and is ridiculous you just don’t know what your looking at, sorry, we all see football and the players involved thru a different lense

4. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I understand what he did statistically

If that’s good enough for you, if you are good with that version and don’t need to see any more improvement than that’s your opinion not mine

So either we can discuss ways on how he can get better or be truthful with ourselves and acknowledge the fact that the player is relatively way overweight and it’s affecting his movement or, put me on ignore if it bothers you

dolphin25, resnor and JJ_79 like this.
  5. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    We can talk about ways he should approve all day. I have never shied away from criticizing Tua. But saying he's overweight despite him taking a step forward statistically and being better about protecting himself I'd hardly being "true to ourselves". It's an opinion at this point.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Sure but that's just another strawman. It's no different than you always referring to those who disagree with you as trolls, but saying you don't mean me. By "you guys" I simply meant the Tua-is-perfect-therem-are-no-shortcomings-in-his-game crowd.

A strawman is a created argument that is different from the original argument, and serves no other purpose than to not discuss the original point, but to divert into other things.

dolphin25 and Sceeto like this.
  7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Right.

BECAUSE HE CARED.

You can be happy with Tua and the results this season. I respect your opinion.

I'm fine with Tua and his shortcomings, in that I understand it's hard to upgrade...there's only a limited number of options. However, that still means that I believe they should persue every avenue to upgrade.

Honestly, from my perspective, what has driven this argument is that one side refuses to every acknowledge any points made by the other side. People don't feel heard, which leads to these circular arguments.

Like, I was raised to do my best, no matter whether it was soccer practice with my small high school basketball team, or playing in the NBA finals. When I see professionals at an event like the Pro Bowl, an event that exists solely to showcase the talents of the best of the best, and you go out there like that? It bothers me. People paid good money that they work hard for, to see him perform. And he didn't GAF.

dolphin25, Sceeto and djphinfan like this.
  8. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    But I don’t understand what your not seeing..

If I’m willing to bet anything that Tua is at least 245 lbs which is about 25 lbs overweight, how can I not start with his body when we talk about getting better at his position, how can I talk about anything else for that matter if I believe this to be true..?

Everything in my being and from practice professional experience, from actually studying him in camp, and seeing what I saw on the field at the end of the year and on the hard knocks shows tells me I’m right.

I’m so livid about it I can’t focus on anything else team related ,I apologize if it’s redundant but it’s my reality in my field and I wouldnt open my mouth about it unless I believed it 100 percent

Just being honest but it drives me crazy that I’m the only one that is very pi##ed off lol

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    dolphin25, resnor and danmarino like this.
  9. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Baker Mayfield has since come out and said that he and some other NFC QB’s shouted at Tua to stop, which caused Tua to think the activity had ended. Tua then tossed the football to the spotter. Then he realized it was still going and was out of synch.
    It really doesn’t matter, but for those that think this means anything, as to the QB’s ability, this should make them think. That’s asking a lot though.

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Wait what are you talking about clueless? What nonsense ? What am I ignoring ?

danmarino likes this.
  11. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    He’s mad because he hates Tua and thinks he sucks and Tua’s weight isn’t why he played poorly down the stretch. Relatively so…

It’s not that he doesn’t think Tua is overweight, he just thinks it’s an excuse that you’re using because in his vacant head he thinks Tua just sucks. Lol

12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    upload_2024-2-3_15-56-46.jpeg

danmarino likes this.
  13. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    I understand that different people carry weight differently. However, for me to believe that he's carrying 245 pounds, he'd have to be significantly bigger than our fullback, and I just don't see it.

14. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Are you bothered by the ones who can't be bothered to show up

danmarino likes this.
  15. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Tua himself said he got up to 235 at one point this offseason before getting down to 225. It looks to me that he’s all of 240+ at the Pro Bowl. And our FB is a lot of muscle. It’s a completely different look.

resnor, dolphin25 and djphinfan like this.
  16. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Tua genetics puts weight from the belly down, not proportionately..

There were times he was 230 lbs in college, measured 230, he can get to 245 very quickly without strict discipline.

He will always battle his personal genetics but he’s not and didn’t.

resnor and danmarino like this.
  17. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm talking during the season.

Unless Tua has been caught doing illegal and/or reprehensible activities, I can care less about how he's looking the Pro Bowl.

18. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Well, the regular season was 2-3 weeks ago. I’d bet he weighed what he’s weighing right now the last month of the season.

resnor, dolphin25 and djphinfan like this.
  19. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Deep. Brilliant.

20. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    As someone who has been and someone who has seen someone others gain a lot of weight in a short amount of time after just not exercising, I doubt he was weighing that a couple of weeks ago.

21. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Just watch him on hard knocks. He definitely gained weight during the season. He was reportedly 227 at the beginning of the season. I’d bet anything he put on another 10-15 during the season.

dolphin25 and djphinfan like this.
  22. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    I just don't see it.

But if there's a reliable report/source that says otherwise, I'll admit that I'm wrong.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I’m sure reports will start coming in, but this also stems from someone turning a blind eye organizationally, I don’t think dolphin brass would want the controversy about how Tua let himself go during the season, or how they work with a independent non official trainer to allow Tua to gain bad weight to protect himself

I will guarantee you will hear from that trainer, something like “well we accomplished what we wanted which was not to miss any games so now it’s time to become a lean machine”

resnor likes this.
  24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Y’all let’s take a break from hating on each other man

We all see this game and its players through a different lense..

resnor and Sceeto like this.
  25. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You think it's one small part where I thought he didn't GAF?

Maybe I mistyped.

My opinion after watching him in that skills competition was that he DGAF about winning that competition, and he DFAF about putting on the best show possible for the fans who voted for him, and who paid money to come see him perform.

That's what I saw.

Sceeto likes this.
  26. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    On the team? I think I've said numerous times on the just month that what bothered me the most about the losses in December, was that three guys just didn't seem to care. They weren't playing with urgency or intensity.

So yeah, it bothers me when the other players don't show up.

I dont think I've blamed those losses on him. What I've been trying to say is that in those losses, where guys didn't show up, Tua lacks the physical abilities to create on his own and try to spark the team.

27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I get what you’re saying

If I’m looking at how I would want him to do it, you’re right I would want him to at least set up correctly with his mechanics but for all these guys it’s like an ego trip they think they can just good off and because of how stupid these games are I can’t blame them

If Tua set his mechanics it’s no contest, but he didn’t care to do that, not sure that an indictment on his mentality but I hear your point.

I can only remember the focus of one Michael Jordan or Kobe in an all star event

resnor likes this.
  28. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah I was kinda disgusted that he wasn't setting and properly throwing, especially when he was doing badly, I thought I'd see him bear down and actually try.

And he didn't

29. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    I am talking about the pro bowl. Are Bills fans upset that Josh Allen has yet to show up to one?

30. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Go watch the Skills competition video, and just pause it at the end when he's walking around talking to people. Look at his belly.

Or look at my profile pic

Sorry can't get it upload

https://tinypic.host/image/e3U5U
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    Sceeto likes this.
  31. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm not concerned with other players on other teams, not sure why you are.

It's a really disingenuous argument, also. On one hand I've got people arguing the Pro Bowl is meaningless, so I shouldn't care...you're arguing that the Pro Bowl IS meaningful hence your dig that Allen hasn't made one.

32. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Were you really?

33. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah I was

34. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    He has made multiple he has just never gone. The point is players don't care.

resnor likes this.
  35. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007

36. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    This is where we're at with Tua. His detractors being "disgusted", literally "disgusted" with his effort on a barely seen and thought about dog and pony show.

danmarino likes this.
  37. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah but think of the 50 people in attendance

danmarino likes this.
  38. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Keep on commenting about posters and violating the ToS.

Yeah I think it's disgusting when people disrespect others, or think they're better than someone else.

Sceeto likes this.
  39. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I don't care about that. If you don't want to go, then don't. I just think your should put out some effort if you choose to go. I mean it's a ****ing skills competition, it's not some arduous task.

40. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    So you don't care about the thousands of fans who pay to see the actual pro bowl hoping to see someone good and get stuck with Mac Jones every year but you do care about the 10 people that go to a skills competition and saw Tua half *** it in an extremely casual event

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.