Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    No I don't. I mean, I think you should just get rid of it all together. But, if you're gonna have it, and you're gonna attend, you could at least actually try.

I don't think players can remove themselves from voting, so they don't really have control over getting picked. Do I have some respect for those who say, "Nah, I don't want to do that" and don't go.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    dolphin25 and Sceeto like this.
  2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Again, a perfect example of what I referenced earlier.

You guys can't simply let someone have an opinion. You have to justify everything regarding Tua. And you argue ridiculous things in the process. In fact, it's you guys that keep it going by attacking posts.

You're all right. It's fine that Tua went and **** the bed, this time in a no pressure situation. It's fine.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    dolphin25, Sceeto and JJ_79 like this.
  3. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    :sidelol:

danmarino likes this.
  4. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Hold up there Res, don't go biting my head off about Tua's pro bowl competition performance when all I did was comment on Marino's throw during his competition back when the Pro Bowl actually MEANT something. Tying those two together is quite the reach.

As for professionals at the pro bowl? its no longer a showcase of talent...a game of the best versus he best. Its become nothing more than a glorified scrimmage. Back in the heyday, the Pro Bowl was just as big of a game as the Super Bowl, seeing the BEST against the BEST, the TRUE fantasy football. Its devolved to such a joke now that it's a flag football game?

I could have gone to the Pro Bowl game today. I could have gotten tickets for a whopping $45. Only a 45 minute drive but I'm not going to waste my time nor money to see a flag football scrimmage.

danmarino likes this.
  5. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Stop your damn whining over nothing. lol

There’s nothing in that post that violates the ToS.

6. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    Tua's performance was a nothing burger, but I think when people say Tua has elite accuracy, this just further illustrates that's really overblown. Any QB is going to have better accuracy when he's soft tossing throws into pre-determined places as opposed to being rushed and throwing balls hard.

Sceeto likes this.
  7. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    :sidelol:

danmarino likes this.
  8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    The anticipation and accuracy for which Tua executes within the structure of this offense is without question an elite skill.

There are other things the offense and Tua need to do to win ball games however

Silverphin and danmarino like this.
  9. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I would disagree. I think similar QBs could do the same. A lot of it is the system. It's not really anticipation when the throw, time of the throw, and location of the throw is planned prior to the snap. Jalen Hurts and Tua had basically identical onTGT% last season, and that's with Hurts having a yard more than Tua in intended air yards per attempt. No one would ever say Hurts has elite accuracy would they?

dolphin25, resnor and Sceeto like this.
  10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Yeah we disagree on that specific skill..

Being able to see those windows before they open and then time them out with accuracy on those fast of receivers is elite skill imo

To do at 70 percent with the least amount of time given in the league is not something to poo poo imo.

It’s other stuff for me that needs to be rectified

danmarino likes this.
  11. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I’m not sure who you’re responding to, but I can guess.
    Anyone that acts like Tua doesn’t have elite accuracy should just stop talking about individual football players. They are so far lost and ignorant as to what is happening on an individual level that I doubt they could ever learn. Which is fine. Root for your team, believe in things like “clutch”, “arm strength is paramount”, or any of the other things the sports media has fooled fans with, but don’t evaluate talent or else they’ll just look foolish. Lol

djphinfan likes this.
  12. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    He is not "elite" at anything QB related. You would think the last two games would have drove that fact home. but...
    I wish he was “elite".

dolphin25, resnor and StaleTacos like this.
  13. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
  14. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    danmarino likes this.
  15. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    This is tiring here. Guess we’re going in circles until next season about Tua. Hopefully next season we will see if Tua is more then a Top 10-15 QB, or not…

resnor likes this.
  16. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    I'm literally disgusted.

danmarino likes this.
  17. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
  18. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    This is BS:
    I explained why it meant something.

resnor likes this.
  19. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah and its complete BS. We all know the people pretending it mattered wouldn't have cared if he had won the competition and anyone who tried to use that as evidence of some kind of greatness would be rightfully mocked.

Its completely embarrassing.

danmarino likes this.
  20. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    And he said he felt the pressure. UGH! Dude feels the pressure in this means nothing play, imagine what he feels in a real game that means something.

I recall Bird walking into the locker room before the 3 point competition saying, "I was just looking around to see who was going to finish second."

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  21. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    You are correct it means nothing. HOWEVER, the real players want to compete and kick the others a$$. Tua does not have that. They say JT and Zack would almost come to blows over a ping pong game. They were and are legends.

Sceeto and hitman8 like this.
  22. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    They want to over look the fact that he sucked against good teams. I get it. No one wants to think we need to start over with yet another QB

Sceeto, hitman8 and StaleTacos like this.
  23. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    You need to see how he did against those teams compared to how other QB’s did against those same teams. The problem is, some here don’t do that and then they consider wins as an individual accomplishment and/or an individual statistic. JA can have an 80 PR, but the Bills win and that somehow means he played well. Tua can have a 90, but the team loses, and he played poorly. That doesn’t make sense.

When you look at how JA, LJ, Mahomes, Tua, etc, did against the same competition you get a much clearer picture. Tua has really played no better, or worse, against the same teams as these others. It would be like saying Marino sucked because his PR was in the 80’s, when in reality an 80-something PR was great back when he played. He was as good or better than the competition. Same with Tua.

Bottom line, the Dolphins with Tua have and will continue to beat good teams. However, he’s not going to have a 105 PR against the best passing defenses in the league very often. That’s the same for all QB’s.

24. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Not a problem at all, it's already been said, but you keep ignoring it.

Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Brock Purdy all played better against playoff competition than non-playoff teams during the season. Mahomes didn't but he had a weird regular season and already has proven himself as one of the GOATS. Tua not just this season, but consistently in his career plays terrible against playoff teams.

dolphin25 likes this.
  25. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Well, he believes, that Tua beat the 49ers and Bengals in the regular season and he can’t see or admit that Allen and Jackson played better against the Chiefs in the playoffs then Tua. So stop with this heresy and your blind Tua hate… lol

26. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It's funny about "Tua hate" allegation and not being a real fan. Go on another team's message board, and read how much excitement the thought of the Dolphins extending Tua brings them. That should really tell you everything you need know because no "fake Dolphins fan" dislikes Tua. If I were a fake Dolphins fan, I'd say, Tua is the greatest!!! Lock him up! That's what actual Jets, Bills, and Patriots fans are saying.

JJ_79, Sceeto and resnor like this.
  27. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    They both lost also.

danmarino likes this.
  28. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    I‘m not a 100% sure about Tua myself and definitely have not closed the book on him yet but even though he played the full season, after last season I have more questions about him then ever. I think he sometimes is overly criticized and one thing I really like about him is, that he really works on his weaknesses and succeeds in doing it.

What I don’t get at all, is the toxic behavior from some people on here when you doubt him in the slightest, but why should it be any different here, then in the outside world. Most people can’t discuss anymore and it’s just about winning the conversation instead of trying to understand the other view.

StaleTacos likes this.
  29. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Not the point. I need Tua to have more games like the one he had against Buffalo in the snow, we lost but it sure wasn’t his fault, he carried the team. He‘s awesome when everything goes as planned but that’s not going to be the case against top competition. Really hope he proves all his doubters wrong next season, but as of now there’s questions.

30. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Some, but look at the Bills vs KC in the first game. Allen had a 68 PR, but the Bills won so Allen is "elite". Tua had an 87 in their first game against KC, but the Dolphins lost, so now Tua "can't beat good teams". Lamar had a 75 against KC, but there's excuses and reasons for his bad play and because he can "extend plays" he somehow played better than Tua...even though the Ravens lost. Lamar had an 82 PR against the Chargers compared to Tua's 110PR...yet LJ is all world and Tua "can't play". There are these types of examples throughout the past few seasons, but those who hate Tua just can't seem to acknowledge it or flat our don't bother to be objective. It's just asinine at this point.

31. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    Other QB's the elites had winning records against playoff teams.

32. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Why is it that even when Tua has a better game, but the Dolphins lose, that is somehow his fault and when those other QB’s have worse games against those teams, but win, they are the savior?

It’s as if wins aren’t an individual accomplishment and you’ve ignored that fact. Just like I wrote in my post your quoting.

33. dolphin25

Nov 22, 2014
    argument could be made the other way too. Why is it when the Dolphins win Tua gets all the praise, when they lose he gets none of the blame?

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Hmmm, so I believe McDaniel did do the right thing when it came to designing this offense around the wbs skill set

We now know Tua superpowers which is anticipation, quick release and accuracy.

So McDaniel goes to the extreme and caters exactly to those three things by offering g up the fastest offense in the game from snap to release

Now the challenge is what is left on the bone with Tuas skill set to diversify this offense.

And for him to add other skills like creativity and movement he’s gonna have to really dedicate himself.

Now we can build the line better to be more dominant so it allows him more time to survey and go through reads but I’m not sure if that strays away from the original concepts and catering to the strengths, I know it would take redesigning the offense conceptually

35. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Anyone giving credit, or blame, to any one person for wins and losses is just wrong. When I judge Tua I do so on individual stats… in as much as they can be individualized. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than judging off of wins and losses. It’s also a good idea to compare his play with other QB’s against the same competition. So far he does just as well as most against the same competition. With the understanding that no QB can always play perfectly and that injuries, competition, weather, etc all play a roll in how a player or team performs. Some like to just cherry pick certain games, and that’s also misleading. Of course a QB is apt to have a better game against worst competition and worse games against great competition. And that’s the same across the board. And when a team wins even though their QB has a bad or average game that means the team played better. Just like when a QB has an above average game and they lose it means the team played poorly.

36. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    To a certain degree sometimes. Some guys are just winners and they will their team to win. I get what you're saying, but take Brady. Anytime you scored and left even 45 seconds with no timeouts you just knew it wasn't over. The rest of the team around him performed in that feat but it seemed like they all go on his back.

dolphin25 likes this.
  37. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    I think Baker Mayfield is set for a record setting contract after being MVP of the Pro Bowl games.

danmarino likes this.
  38. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Yeah, he was one of the best ever. But if you look at his actual stats and his team’s play they can tell you a lot. Like when he played not so great the Pats still typically won games. Did you know that Brady only played with a below average defense twice during his career in NE? The Pats missed the playoffs one time and lost in the WC the other time. Sounds like he had a lot of help when he played.

39. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
  40. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    We should even kick the tires on Justin Fields should the Bears decide to trade him.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    resnor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.