Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    The media has hyped Tua's QB strengths ever since his high school days with little to no criticism.

2. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Lmao… do you really think he’s not criticized? You can’t really think that, right?

3. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Tua received offers from over 20 of the best football colleges in the country… “hyped”. Lmao

Just stop with the nonsense…

4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah because Tua

A. Reads what people on forums say
    B. Gives two ****s what resnor from thephins.com, or other poster, thinks

Literally nothing we talk about affects the players. It's such a dumb stance

5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Also, many people love Tua as a person etc etc, just are critical of his play. Conflating the two is ridiculous, or thinking that someone doesn't like Tua as a person because they talk about flaws as a player, is silly.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    It’s not unfair what I’m doing..

I love his game and want him to fufull his potential

I also don’t believe I’m stupid and I know what I’ve been seeing.

There is a lot of meat on the bone with this player that can be cut off with proper diligence.

7. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I don’t think he’s talking just about John Q Public… he’s talking about the national sports media, too.

resnor likes this.
  8. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I think there are criticisms to be made for all players. I also think Tua’s weight gain last season is a fair criticism. I’m just not sure if he was being told to gain that weight or not. If he was being instructed to gain it that’s not really on him. He pays people, and the Dolphins pay people, to keep him in top condition. He should listen to those people. Now, if he went out on his own and gained that weight then he definitely needs to do better.

resnor likes this.
  9. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah! I agree! Like he did in our last two playoff appearances.

resnor likes this.
  10. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Tua has played in only one playoff game.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2024
  11. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The last part is what I’ve been saying I also don’t believe in the strategy of gaining weight with this player because of his genetics

danmarino and resnor like this.
  12. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    It may not be some of you folks’ intent but for some of you, I read it, Tua will NEVER be a player you can cheer for nor praise.

Allow me to take everyone on a trip down memory lane…

2021: Tua’s second year in the league and his first year as the season starter. The criticism?

Tua can’t make BIG plays.
    Tua can’t throw the long ball

Nevermind the fact the offensive “genius”’we had was co-offensive coordinators in Studesville and Godsey. Where are they now?

2022: McDaniel’s first year as our head coach. Completely re-camping an anemic offense, Tua lights up the offensive stats but the new criticism comes…due to 2 concussions, he can’t stay healthy and needs to retire.

Never mind the fact Damar Hamlin literally DIED on the field, Tua needs to retire.

2023: Tua once again lights up the offensive stats, leading the Dolphins to an 11-6 season from the previous season’s 9 game victory. He’s often discussed as MVP candidate. Now the latest criticism?

I can’t get the image out of my head…R Lee Ermy as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman…”You’re a disgusting fat body Private Pyle”

I’ve accepted the fact Tua will never be respected by critics. I’ve accepted the fact no matter WHAT Tua does, he’s going to be overly criticized. And it’s a shame too. We are one of the dominant teams in the league right now, after so many years of mediocrity and ridicule.

While I look at our team and see what’s THERE, some of you look at our team and fall into negative Nancyism and lament on what’s NOT there.

Springveldt and danmarino like this.
  13. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    The Dolphins have had back-to-back years of late season collapses. This is the hallmark of an average team, not a "dominant" one.

JJ_79 and resnor like this.
  14. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Stop it people. Let me enjoy my Easter weekend.

15. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Making the playoffs isn’t a collapse. Losing to the AFC Champs and eventual SB winners aren’t a collapse. Losing to those teams with extreme injuries and/or in extreme weather conditions isn’t a collapse.
    Did the Ravens collapse? The Bills? If you’re using SB appearances as the line between collapse and not you’re not being rational and that means 30 teams per year collapse. The Dolphins won 11 games. That was tied with the 3rd most wins in the regular season.

16. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I know. And I also disagree with the idea that more weight will make him a better QB or that it will really affect his ability to stay injury free. I don’t care how big of a QB you are, if you’re whipped around like Tua was against the Bengals, and your head hits the turf that hard, you’re going unconscious.

I think his BJJ training was why he looked better when getting tackled, not any weight gains.

djphinfan likes this.
  17. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    For the 2022 season the Dolphins lost 3 of their last 5 games.
    For the 2023 season the Dolphins lost 4 of their last 5 games.

resnor likes this.
  18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Amazing the amount of fans slurping up the philosophy that a pro team and training staff made him gain weight.

Goes to show you that just because they’re pros don’t mean they know everything.

Exercise science and genetics can baffle so called pros, Tua is the perfect example of that

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    danmarino likes this.
  19. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Tua went from too small, weak and fragile...to too fat and genetically unable to control it in one calendar year.

It's getting really stupid now.

20. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I’m not saying that, and I don’t think DJ is either. What I’m saying, is that his weight gain, intentional or not, is more of a hindrance than anything. It sounds like Hicks realizes that with his statements, which IMO, justifies DJ’s comments.

djphinfan likes this.
  21. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Spewing things without context is just pissing into the wind.

The Dolphins didn’t lose 4 of 5. That’s just a lie. They went 5-3 in their last 8 regular season games.

The Bills went 3-5 at one point last season.

KC went 3-5.

SF lost 3 straight and went 3-3 to end the season.

They’re all “mediocre”, right?

Do better

22. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    DJ has brought up weight gain, Samoan culture and genetics like Tua is the heir to some throne on the islands where the bigger you are the more powerful you are. Tua's father is not some 400 pound Samoan wrestler.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    This comment is stupid and lacks serious content

resnor and Sceeto like this.
  24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Has nothing to do with gaining unnecessary weight during a pro football season..his culture and genitics is why he’s in this situation, not denying that, the point is you have to work even harder when that’s the case to balance it out and fight those things.

I’m willing to leave this topic alone.

resnor likes this.
  25. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Right, your continuous comments about Tua, weight gain, motivation, culture and genetics isn't leading down towards any path.

26. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    What situation is Tua in?

27. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Listen, attack the kid's play if you want, but don't attack his character. He's done nothing but try to please everyone while playing at a very high level now. It's not fair.

I'm done now until the draft or Tua contract extension.

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Cool we’re done

29. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It is when you have like four chances to win the division and get a bye, but you lose every one. It's the very definition of backing into the playoffs.

30. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's like you don't understand American Samoans.

31. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    We hashed over these games left and right on the game day threads however, and not trying to make any excuses, we were without both Terron Armstead and Robert Hunt on the OL during the loss to the Titans. Without those two key pieces, our potent running attack (when we would run the ball) as seriously hindered.

Losing to the Ravens…in Baltimore? When the defense gave up 21 points in the 2nd quarter…and then came out after the half and gave up yet ANOTHER touchdown, pinning the Dolphins back against the wall 35-13, the Dolphins pretty much became 1 dimensional and one of the league’s best defenses were able to pin their ears back and go into full attack mode.

Losing to the Bills on the last game of the season? First off, the league screwed us by flexing the game to prime time instead of letting us play in the heat of the Miami day, giving the Bills a break. No AVG, no Chubb, no Howard, no Mostert, no Waddle.

Had we not been so injury riddled, I would be more open to “backing into the playoffs” but when you’re beat up all to crap?

danmarino likes this.
  32. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    I don’t understand your “4 chances” statement. The Dolphins won 11 games, the same number as the Bills, and again tied for the 3rd best record in the league, and suffered (by far) the greatest amount of injuries than any other playoff team and most other non-playoff teams.

Why do people totally ignore context? Context matters. How many of you believe the Dolphins won the AFC in 2008 only because Brady went down? Yet when Tua gets hurt it’s “he sucks” and when half the team is injured they’re “mediocre” and “collapsed”.

it’s absurd…

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  33. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I didn't lay any blame, just said we backed into the playoffs.

I'm not interested in discussing all the nuances, the fact is, we backed into the playoffs. I'm not excited about that.

34. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's really simple: we had like 4 shots at winning the division, and lost them. Hence having into the playoffs. Making the playoffs wasn't some great feat.

2008 was cause of the Wildcat.

35. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    They had two shots at clinching and lost.

36. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    So if they would have lost those 3 games at the beginning of the season and then had a hide winning streak leading up to the playoffs then that would have been somehow different and not backing into the playoffs?

danmarino likes this.
  37. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I get what you’re saying. All I’m saying is had we not been injury plagued like we were, we wouldn’t have backed into the playoffs…we would have kicked the door in.

38. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    It’s not simple because it makes no sense when you leave out the overwhelming majority of the context. Your rationale would be like blaming a family that was hit by a drunk driver because they didn’t avoid the car. The injuries were the Dolphins drunk driver and there was really nothing they could have done. When you’re signing people off the street to replace injured players in order to fill the roster it matters. Not taking that into account, and instead claiming the Dolphins are “mediocre” with those players, is not being objective.

39. Aquapride

Aquapride Active Member

Mar 7, 2024
    Yes it matters, but more than anything else the Dolphins player injuries are evidence of a poorly managed organization. For example, disciplined practice regimens, player conditioning, substituting players in and out of games and more can all be utilized to minimize injuries.

40. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    lol… the lengths you go to just make up stuff is beyond funny. Chubb and JP didn’t play any more than your average edge/DE and both are in optimal shape. Wilkins probably played more than any other DL in the league and he didn’t get injured. Robert Hunt hasn’t had an injury or missed a game in 3 seasons prior to 2023. I guess last year they were trained differently. Lol

What a bunch of nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.