Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Sep 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Tua is training with legend Qb coach Tom House and current highly regarded Qb coach John beck.

Not sure you can teach Tua how to throw the ball better but his footwork backpedaling has been sloppy, he’s not stepping up in the pocket since San Diego when he shredded that defense, maybe they can teach him things below the waist

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    danmarino and resnor like this.
  2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL

danmarino likes this.
  3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I’ve been to a few prof clinics in La and Virginia and have studied the philosophies of some of these coaches.

It’s kind of similar to swing theory and the plane of the swing in golf.

Imo I don’t think there’s much to do in the throwing mechanics dept for Tua, kind of like Marino in that regard where your not gonna tweak anything because it’s so natural, and just perfect for lack of a better word, the accuracy and the quickness is already there, you don’t want to tweak something that has been perfected in a natural way, and we know that Tua has the fastest release in the game, and he’s the most innately accurate Qb in the game, the mechanics for which he throws a football is set up for that type of speed and accuracy, it’s practically built into the mechanics.

So, we’re left with core strength and footwork, these are the areas for which Tua can improve.

When you talk core strength, there are many reasons why I’ve been against the strategy of Tua gaining bad weight to combat his concussions theory, it’s just plain bad advice from people who don’t quite understand the genetics part of his physique.

Gaining weight and gaining core strength couldn’t be more toxic for each other.

You can gradually build muscle mass, gradually lose fat at the same time, you change the ratio over time by building solid lean muscle while building that core strength you speak of.

That equally added core strength, added muscle, and if done right, you have added speed and agility. We’re only talking about a few lbs of pure muscle every year doing it that way, which is always the right way for a pro athlete.

So what your trying to create in Tua is a better body fat percentage, resulting in quickness and speed, while using some core strength principles in the process, which will create a faster, stronger, a qb with more velocity, without adding bad fat, which he absolutely did last year.

danmarino, JJ_79 and resnor like this.
  4. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I do find it peculiar (not really) that no critic of Tua's has written anything about him hiring some of the best QB coaches in the world.

It's almost as if some here will only visit or post when something negative happens.

Hmmm...interesting. :jt0323:

5. VManis

VManis Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Clinching a playoff spot with two games to go is not backing into the playoffs.

The_Dark_Knight and danmarino like this.
  6. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I would have to agree. Backing into the playoffs is something like…

You need to win your last game and that team loses or this team that team and the other all need to lose or even this other team ends in a tie.

THAT is backing into the playoffs.

VManis and danmarino like this.
  7. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    [​IMG]

8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    We were like a lock to win the division.

And then we didn't. We got in despite losing how many in December?

Yes, we backed in. We're lucky the losing streak didn't start a week or two earlier.

JJ_79 likes this.
  9. VManis

Nov 10, 2010
    By your definition every wild card team "backed in" but that is not what is commonly meant by that phrase which is more akin to how the Dark Knight described it. By saying we backed in implies there was a bit of luck involved in us making the playoffs. But that wasn't the case. We were a playoff contender the entire season and locked up a playoff spot with two games to play. The fact that we blew a chance to win the division is an entirely different arguement.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  10. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I mean losing the final two games, getting absolutely blown out in one of them, to qualify for a Wildcard game, I myself do not consider to be striding confidently into the playoffs.

TO ME, that is one of the worst ways to make the playoffs. Like I don't understand why you guys want to argue this stuff.

JJ_79 likes this.
  11. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    By your definition then the Bills also backed in. They needed to win, and needed the Dolphins to lose, a certain number of games at the end of the season because they went 6-6 at the beginning of the season. They didn’t control their own fate, as the Dolphins did, and needed other teams to lose at the end of the year to get in. The Dolphins always held their fate in their own hands and won enough to get into the playoffs and didn’t need the help of other teams.

By anyone’s definition except your’s the Dolphins didn't back in.

VManis likes this.
  12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I don't say this to make fun or to be negative:

Wouldn't you expect that, given that Tua was throwing the ball within like 1.5 seconds? I'm not laying any blame here either, as to why. I'm just saying it's not like he had that percent because he was skilled at avoiding pressure or something. Know what I mean?

13. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Not many QB’s are able to get rid of the ball as quickly as he does. His combination of quick release and fast processing speed make it possible. So in that respect he’s the main reason for that percentage.

14. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Listen man, I don't understand why you guys consistently want me to talk about other teams or other QBs. I don't really watch any games other than the Dolphins. I don't follow other QBs, really. So I'm not going to say they backed in. I didn't say ANYTHING about not controlling your destiny.

I said Miami had like 4 weeks to win the division, which is actually impressive, and did not. Then they lost the last two games.

Is that what Buffalo did?

15. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's still never been been proven that he isn't just picking a spot presnap and throwing there 1.5 seconds after the snap.

I could do that.

Sceeto likes this.
  16. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You guys act like he's Peyton Manning back there, I just don't see that. Not saying you can't be right, I just haven't seen that.

Sceeto likes this.
  17. VManis

Nov 10, 2010
    Because winning the division and making the playoffs are two entirely different things.

The Dolphins won 11 of their first 15 games clinching a playoff berth by beating the Cowboys. That was the first goal of the season and it was accomplished in a fairly decisive manner so saying they "backed in to the playoffs" is disingenuous.

They faltered the final two games of the season and let the division title slip through their fingers. That was disappointing but you don't need the hyperbole of saying they backed in.

The_Dark_Knight and danmarino like this.
  18. VManis

Nov 10, 2010
    If what Tua does is so easy, why don't other QBs do it? I mean it resulted in some of the best QB stats in the league last season.

danmarino likes this.
  19. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Not only to you. But I guess we didn’t have any late season collapses in the past few seasons as well, just like Tua beat the Bengals and 49ers. It’s all fine and dandy in Dolphinsland, just like it‘s been for decades. lol

resnor likes this.
  20. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Not everyone has the weapons he has or the coach and scheme. There's probably many reasons.

Again, I'm not saying Tua is trash. I'm just saying, it has not been proven, imo, that Tua is RESPONSIBLE for these things, not simply a participant. Like there are two legitimate ways to view these things right now, and I haven't seen enough evidence to sway me one way or the other.

So I continue to wait and hope to see.

Sceeto likes this.
  21. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Listen man, I feel like you're only focusing on the two losses. For me, when you consider how awful everything was, yes, they were lucky that they win early in the year so they could afford to be bad in December. Lol

Yes, I understand injuries. Again, I'm not laying blame on anyone, just stating what I think is a fact, they were bad in December.

22. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    In order to get a clear picture, and add context to things you’re criticizing, you really should watch other games. You may find that those criticisms are unfounded.

And no, the Bills, due to losing their games earlier, had to get help from other teams in order to make the playoffs. In fact, if they hadn’t of won the division, again due the teams they lost against, they most likely would have missed the wildcard. The Dolphins controlled their own destiny from about half way through the season. They didn’t need any help to make the playoffs from that point.

23. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    If that’s what you think he’s doing you don’t really understand the game. Timing based plays do require the QB to read the defense pre snap. If the read is wrong, which it is sometimes, especially when playing smart, well coached and well disciplined defenses (and something that all QB’s do) the play fails. It should say something that the plays worked way more often than they failed. That’s not because he was just deciding whom to through to in the huddle and throwing it to them regardless of what the defense was showing at the LOS.

VManis likes this.
  24. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    You keep bringing up the 49ers and Bengals as some sort of “gotcha” moment. Lol You’d think that by now you’d actually look up the stats.

The Dolphins, with Tua at QB, are 1-1 against the Bengals. PFR has the 2020 game against the 49ers listed as a game under Tua’s record. My mistake in glancing at it and misremembering that he was the QB. It seems we were both equally wrong. So you can stop pretending that you finally got one over on me. Dork… lol

25. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    So when they win it’s “luck”, but when they lose it’s because they suck?

Just stop with the nonsense.

26. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Literally no one has ever said Tua is Manning. Not one person. Lol

27. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I can't disagree with you. Every stat and every graph of a player's performance demands context.

With that being said, in his first two seasons, he was a sitting duck behind a sieve of an OL. He responded by throwing the ball at a 67% clip for 8.5 YPA over the last two years. So, in a way, getting rid of the ball quickly with good accuracy and depth was a pressure avoidance method. No, he's not escaping heat-seeking missiles by rolling out or scrambling. But he's avoiding the hits by the means available to him - getting rid of the ball quickly.

Every offseason, he expands what's in his tool chest, so I believe he's going to add rollouts to his game. Maybe even scrambles, too. Let's just hope we can put a stout line in front of him for the whole season. I really want us to go IOL with #21 and to get at least two OL in the first two days of the draft. The last month of 2023 was horrible and it's a miracle that we actually made the tournament while signing street free agents in the last three weeks of the season.

danmarino likes this.
  28. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    Dork, how cute! Just overexaggerating and ridiculing like you’re doing all the time. lol

29. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Keep crying. You've been acting as if Tua hasn't beaten Cinci for months now. Your passive aggressive whining was just something else from you for me to ignore. I was bored so I thought I'd set you straight. And what do you do? Whine some more and deflect. Typical...

30. JJ_79

JJ_79 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Germany
    You forgot the 49ers and now keep on with your trolling, ridiculing and insulting posters, like you‘ve been doing for months now or is it ever? lol

Sceeto likes this.
  31. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Dan stop with the name calling. A nice discussion was being had and there's no need for it. JUST STOP.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  32. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Yeah, if it's going to start getting personal, take it to DM and spare us the rest. If it's not worthy of a private engagement, then it's not appropriate in public. Let's not make this the third (at least) Tua thread that gets shut down due to lack of emotional restraint.

33. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Res, and I’m not trying to break balls here but if you and/or others are going to levy the statement Tua is just throwing to a spot, it’s not up to others to disprove your statement…it’s up to you/others to actually prove the claim.

That’s something that’s bothered me about discussions in general. Someone says something and their stance is “prove that I’m wrong” rather than providing facts or circumstances that prove you’re right.

danmarino and OwesOwn614 like this.
  34. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Bro, there have been numerous statements from players and people associated with Tua that have said this going on a couple years now.

Just because you guys don't want to believe them doesn't mean that I'm saying something crazy or making things up.

Sceeto likes this.
  35. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Don't bother. There have been many posts, videos, images, film breakdowns and more of Tua going through his reads.

36. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    There were numerous statements for years that the earth was flat.

Just because you want to believe them doesn’t mean that they’re saying something crazy or making things up.

danmarino likes this.
  37. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Let me guess, you’re holding on to the Rex Ryan quotes like it’s gold? The one where he called Tua a one read QB after the 2022 Green Bay loss? Well, he made those remarks before anyone realized Tua was concussed. Before he was hit in the head he was playing lights out. He had a bad 2nd half because of a concussion.
    Aaron Rodgers thinks Sandy Hook was a false flag. According to Jason Kelce a large number of NFL players think the Earth is flat. A lot think the moon landing was faked and there’s no such thing as outer space.
    Point being, your supposed numerous experts are not experts about much and they’re also wrong about Tua just throwing the ball to a player no matter what. I mean, to believe that ANY starting QB in the league does that is hilarious. Almost as hilarious as thinking there’s no such thing as space. Lol

I mean, by just watching Tua play on TV anyone who knows what they’re looking at can realize that he’s not what you’re saying. Much less watching some All22 tape.

38. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    There are not. Post one. You guys keep taking things out of context, misquoting, or proving an utter lack of basic football knowledge. The whole Trent Sherfield thing comes to mind for the last one.

39. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    It's all based on the Sherfield quote, who in the same quote says, Josh Allen does the same exact thing. I bet Sherfield wishes he stayed with Miami because he actually put up decent numbers with Tua. I'm not even sure if he's on a team anymore, maybe that new league will take him.

Two Tacos likes this.
  40. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I guess there's a ton of people then who don't understand the game. I don't have like a Word document with all the quotes from the last couple seasons from players and others who have said that Tua decides presnap where he's going, and that's why he can throw so quick. I mean, fans and pundits have been saying this about Tua going back to college. This isn't a new criticism.

Tua himself said in an interview that any scanning of the field he does is simply to try to draw the defense off the target he identified presnap.

I mean, it's whatever, you guys can ignore these things, or explain them away as all people and players who don't understand the game.

Frankly, it's really disingenuous for you to act like it's completely ridiculous to think that's what's happening, when you have the statements combined with what you can see actually happening. I don't know how you can prove that he's just processing way faster than everyone not named Tua, vs he picks a spot presnap and throws three.

Legit though, I would accept "he has no time to throw" as an excuse for what we see, and I would agree, determining where you're going presnap and then throwing there quickly after the snap does alleviate taking sacks because your first read is covered...but you guys are so entrenched in it's ONLY his processing that you can't even says that he could be doing what has been described so as to avoid sacks and have a functioning offense.

Sceeto likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.