Tua...''He's the greatest prospect ever''

1887 repliesLocked

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 09:07 AM

"danmarino wrote:

Not many QB’s are able to get rid of the ball as quickly as he does. His combination of quick release and fast processing speed make it possible. So in that respect he’s the main reason for that percentage.

It's still never been been proven that he isn't just picking a spot presnap and throwing there 1.5 seconds after the snap.

I could do that.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 09:09 AM

You guys act like he's Peyton Manning back there, I just don't see that. Not saying you can't be right, I just haven't seen that.

VManisVManisSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 09:45 AM

"resnor wrote:

I mean losing the final two games, getting absolutely blown out in one of them, to qualify for a Wildcard game, I myself do not consider to be striding confidently into the playoffs.

TO ME, that is one of the worst ways to make the playoffs. Like I don't understand why you guys want to argue this stuff.

Because winning the division and making the playoffs are two entirely different things.

The Dolphins won 11 of their first 15 games clinching a playoff berth by beating the Cowboys. That was the first goal of the season and it was accomplished in a fairly decisive manner so saying they "backed in to the playoffs" is disingenuous.

They faltered the final two games of the season and let the division title slip through their fingers. That was disappointing but you don't need the hyperbole of saying they backed in.

VManisVManisSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 09:47 AM

"resnor wrote:

It's still never been been proven that he isn't just picking a spot presnap and throwing there 1.5 seconds after the snap.

I could do that.

If what Tua does is so easy, why don't other QBs do it? I mean it resulted in some of the best QB stats in the league last season.

JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 10:34 AM

"resnor wrote:

I mean losing the final two games, getting absolutely blown out in one of them, to qualify for a Wildcard game, I myself do not consider to be striding confidently into the playoffs.

TO ME, that is one of the worst ways to make the playoffs. Like I don't understand why you guys want to argue this stuff.

Not only to you. But I guess we didn’t have any late season collapses in the past few seasons as well, just like Tua beat the Bengals and 49ers. It’s all fine and dandy in Dolphinsland, just like it‘s been for decades. lol

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 10:53 AM

"VManis wrote:

If what Tua does is so easy, why don't other QBs do it? I mean it resulted in some of the best QB stats in the league last season.

Not everyone has the weapons he has or the coach and scheme. There's probably many reasons.

Again, I'm not saying Tua is trash. I'm just saying, it has not been proven, imo, that Tua is RESPONSIBLE for these things, not simply a participant. Like there are two legitimate ways to view these things right now, and I haven't seen enough evidence to sway me one way or the other.

So I continue to wait and hope to see.

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 10:56 AM

"VManis wrote:

Because winning the division and making the playoffs are two entirely different things.

The Dolphins won 11 of their first 15 games clinching a playoff berth by beating the Cowboys. That was the first goal of the season and it was accomplished in a fairly decisive manner so saying they "backed in to the playoffs" is disingenuous.

They faltered the final two games of the season and let the division title slip through their fingers. That was disappointing but you don't need the hyperbole of saying they backed in.

Listen man, I feel like you're only focusing on the two losses. For me, when you consider how awful everything was, yes, they were lucky that they win early in the year so they could afford to be bad in December. Lol

Yes, I understand injuries. Again, I'm not laying blame on anyone, just stating what I think is a fact, they were bad in December.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 12:58 PM

"resnor wrote:

Listen man, I don't understand why you guys consistently want me to talk about other teams or other QBs. I don't really watch any games other than the Dolphins. I don't follow other QBs, really. So I'm not going to say they backed in. I didn't say ANYTHING about not controlling your destiny.

I said Miami had like 4 weeks to win the division, which is actually impressive, and did not. Then they lost the last two games.

Is that what Buffalo did?

In order to get a clear picture, and add context to things you’re criticizing, you really should watch other games. You may find that those criticisms are unfounded.

And no, the Bills, due to losing their games earlier, had to get help from other teams in order to make the playoffs. In fact, if they hadn’t of won the division, again due the teams they lost against, they most likely would have missed the wildcard. The Dolphins controlled their own destiny from about half way through the season. They didn’t need any help to make the playoffs from that point.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 01:02 PM

"resnor wrote:

It's still never been been proven that he isn't just picking a spot presnap and throwing there 1.5 seconds after the snap.

I could do that.

If that’s what you think he’s doing you don’t really understand the game. Timing based plays do require the QB to read the defense pre snap. If the read is wrong, which it is sometimes, especially when playing smart, well coached and well disciplined defenses (and something that all QB’s do) the play fails. It should say something that the plays worked way more often than they failed. That’s not because he was just deciding whom to through to in the huddle and throwing it to them regardless of what the defense was showing at the LOS.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 01:12 PM

"JJ_79 wrote:

Not only to you. But I guess we didn’t have any late season collapses in the past few seasons as well, just like Tua beat the Bengals and 49ers. It’s all fine and dandy in Dolphinsland, just like it‘s been for decades. lol

You keep bringing up the 49ers and Bengals as some sort of “gotcha” moment. Lol You’d think that by now you’d actually look up the stats.

The Dolphins, with Tua at QB, are 1-1 against the Bengals. PFR has the 2020 game against the 49ers listed as a game under Tua’s record. My mistake in glancing at it and misremembering that he was the QB. It seems we were both equally wrong. So you can stop pretending that you finally got one over on me. Dork… lol

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 01:12 PM

"resnor wrote:

Listen man, I feel like you're only focusing on the two losses. For me, when you consider how awful everything was, yes, they were lucky that they win early in the year so they could afford to be bad in December. Lol

Yes, I understand injuries. Again, I'm not laying blame on anyone, just stating what I think is a fact, they were bad in December.

So when they win it’s “luck”, but when they lose it’s because they suck?

Just stop with the nonsense.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 01:14 PM

"resnor wrote:

You guys act like he's Peyton Manning back there, I just don't see that. Not saying you can't be right, I just haven't seen that.

Literally no one has ever said Tua is Manning. Not one person. Lol

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 01:39 PM

"resnor wrote:

I don't say this to make fun or to be negative:

Wouldn't you expect that, given that Tua was throwing the ball within like 1.5 seconds? I'm not laying any blame here either, as to why. I'm just saying it's not like he had that percent because he was skilled at avoiding pressure or something. Know what I mean?

I can't disagree with you. Every stat and every graph of a player's performance demands context.

With that being said, in his first two seasons, he was a sitting duck behind a sieve of an OL. He responded by throwing the ball at a 67% clip for 8.5 YPA over the last two years. So, in a way, getting rid of the ball quickly with good accuracy and depth was a pressure avoidance method. No, he's not escaping heat-seeking missiles by rolling out or scrambling. But he's avoiding the hits by the means available to him - getting rid of the ball quickly.

Every offseason, he expands what's in his tool chest, so I believe he's going to add rollouts to his game. Maybe even scrambles, too. Let's just hope we can put a stout line in front of him for the whole season. I really want us to go IOL with #21 and to get at least two OL in the first two days of the draft. The last month of 2023 was horrible and it's a miracle that we actually made the tournament while signing street free agents in the last three weeks of the season.

JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 02:11 PM

"danmarino wrote:

You keep bringing up the 49ers and Bengals as some sort of “gotcha” moment. Lol You’d think that by now you’d actually look up the stats.

The Dolphins, with Tua at QB, are 1-1 against the Bengals. PFR has the 2020 game against the 49ers listed as a game under Tua’s record. My mistake in glancing at it and misremembering that he was the QB. It seems we were both equally wrong. So you can stop pretending that you finally got one over on me. Dork… lol

Dork, how cute! Just overexaggerating and ridiculing like you’re doing all the time. lol

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 4, 2024, 02:18 PM

"JJ_79 wrote:

Dork, how cute! Just overexaggerating and ridiculing like you’re doing all the time. lol

Keep crying. You've been acting as if Tua hasn't beaten Cinci for months now. Your passive aggressive whining was just something else from you for me to ignore. I was bored so I thought I'd set you straight. And what do you do? Whine some more and deflect. Typical...

JJ_79JJ_79Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 02:25 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Keep crying. You've been acting as if Tua hasn't beaten Cinci for months now. Your passive aggressive whining was just something else from you for me to ignore. I was bored so I thought I'd set you straight. And what do you do? Whine some more and deflect. Typical...

You forgot the 49ers and now keep on with your trolling, ridiculing and insulting posters, like you‘ve been doing for months now or is it ever? lol

FinatikFinatikStaff
Apr 4, 2024, 02:32 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Keep crying. You've been acting as if Tua hasn't beaten Cinci for months now. Your passive aggressive whining was just something else from you for me to ignore. I was bored so I thought I'd set you straight. And what do you do? Whine some more and deflect. Typical...

Dan stop with the name calling. A nice discussion was being had and there's no need for it. JUST STOP.

Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.

OwesOwn614OwesOwn614Forum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 02:57 PM

"Finatik wrote:

Dan stop with the name calling. A nice discussion was being had and there's no need for it. JUST STOP.

Yeah, if it's going to start getting personal, take it to DM and spare us the rest. If it's not worthy of a private engagement, then it's not appropriate in public. Let's not make this the third (at least) Tua thread that gets shut down due to lack of emotional restraint.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Apr 4, 2024, 06:20 PM

"resnor wrote:

It's still never been been proven that he isn't just picking a spot presnap and throwing there 1.5 seconds after the snap.

I could do that.

Res, and I’m not trying to break balls here but if you and/or others are going to levy the statement Tua is just throwing to a spot, it’s not up to others to disprove your statement…it’s up to you/others to actually prove the claim.

That’s something that’s bothered me about discussions in general. Someone says something and their stance is “prove that I’m wrong” rather than providing facts or circumstances that prove you’re right.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

resnorresnorForum Veteran
Apr 5, 2024, 05:38 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Res, and I’m not trying to break balls here but if you and/or others are going to levy the statement Tua is just throwing to a spot, it’s not up to others to disprove your statement…it’s up to you/others to actually prove the claim.

That’s something that’s bothered me about discussions in general. Someone says something and their stance is “prove that I’m wrong” rather than providing facts or circumstances that prove you’re right.

Bro, there have been numerous statements from players and people associated with Tua that have said this going on a couple years now.

Just because you guys don't want to believe them doesn't mean that I'm saying something crazy or making things up.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Apr 5, 2024, 06:13 PM

"The_Dark_Knight wrote:

Res, and I’m not trying to break balls here but if you and/or others are going to levy the statement Tua is just throwing to a spot, it’s not up to others to disprove your statement…it’s up to you/others to actually prove the claim.

That’s something that’s bothered me about discussions in general. Someone says something and their stance is “prove that I’m wrong” rather than providing facts or circumstances that prove you’re right.

Don't bother. There have been many posts, videos, images, film breakdowns and more of Tua going through his reads.

The_Dark_KnightThe_Dark_KnightForum Veteran
Apr 5, 2024, 07:38 PM

"resnor wrote:

Bro, there have been numerous statements from players and people associated with Tua that have said this going on a couple years now.

Just because you guys don't want to believe them doesn't mean that I'm saying something crazy or making things up.

There were numerous statements for years that the earth was flat.

Just because you want to believe them doesn’t mean that they’re saying something crazy or making things up.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Apr 6, 2024, 09:17 AM

"resnor wrote:

Bro, there have been numerous statements from players and people associated with Tua that have said this going on a couple years now.

Just because you guys don't want to believe them doesn't mean that I'm saying something crazy or making things up.

Let me guess, you’re holding on to the Rex Ryan quotes like it’s gold? The one where he called Tua a one read QB after the 2022 Green Bay loss? Well, he made those remarks before anyone realized Tua was concussed. Before he was hit in the head he was playing lights out. He had a bad 2nd half because of a concussion.
Aaron Rodgers thinks Sandy Hook was a false flag. According to Jason Kelce a large number of NFL players think the Earth is flat. A lot think the moon landing was faked and there’s no such thing as outer space.
Point being, your supposed numerous experts are not experts about much and they’re also wrong about Tua just throwing the ball to a player no matter what. I mean, to believe that ANY starting QB in the league does that is hilarious. Almost as hilarious as thinking there’s no such thing as space. Lol

I mean, by just watching Tua play on TV anyone who knows what they’re looking at can realize that he’s not what you’re saying. Much less watching some All22 tape.

Two TacosTwo TacosSupporter
Apr 6, 2024, 12:38 PM

"resnor wrote:

Bro, there have been numerous statements from players and people associated with Tua that have said this going on a couple years now.

Just because you guys don't want to believe them doesn't mean that I'm saying something crazy or making things up.

There are not. Post one. You guys keep taking things out of context, misquoting, or proving an utter lack of basic football knowledge. The whole Trent Sherfield thing comes to mind for the last one.

________________________________________

"It's a bunch of drunk, mid-30s type of crowd who are very well-educated," Evans said. "Much more vocal. A little bit more crazy. It's a little nastier playing down there, to be honest."

--Sounders Midfielder Brad Evans on Portland vs Seattle Fans--

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Apr 6, 2024, 04:12 PM

"Two Tacos wrote:

There are not. Post one. You guys keep taking things out of context, misquoting, or proving an utter lack of basic football knowledge. The whole Trent Sherfield thing comes to mind for the last one.

It's all based on the Sherfield quote, who in the same quote says, Josh Allen does the same exact thing. I bet Sherfield wishes he stayed with Miami because he actually put up decent numbers with Tua. I'm not even sure if he's on a team anymore, maybe that new league will take him.

This thread is locked.