1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tua is not the Problem

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Nov 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    With all of the speculation about Tagovailoa, whether you agree with it or not, I could see Garappollo coming to Miami, even as a back up.

If the injury speculation about Tagovailoa turns out to be true, Garappollo SHOULD be able to step right in and, if plays well enough could make the argument he deserves to remain the starter. In that case, the Dolphins win.

If the injury speculation turns out to be false and Tua continues playing at the high level he did during the first half of the season, the Dolphins win.

Either way, it would be a win win for the team and fans. Plus I would think Garappollo would want to play for a team whose offense fits his skills set and have a coach who knows him…with that outside shot of becoming the starter.

dolphin25 likes this.
  2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Jimmy G is just as, if not more, injury prone than Tua. Nobody wanted him last off-season, nobody is gonna want him again. Purdy stepped into his game manager role pretty well.

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  3. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    I'd be very much in favor of bringing in Garoppolo if we can do that. Between Tua and Garoppolo, one can play while the other is injured lol. They'd be more like 1A and 1B than starter vs. backup. Let them compete. It's maybe the most realistic option given our draft position and that we'll probably keep Tua next year.

dolphin25 and resnor like this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    This. 100% this.

5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I actually kinda love that idea.

cbrad likes this.
  6. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Nobody wanted to trade for him. As a free agent its a little different. Nobody is making him the franchise guy but I don't think people appreciate how rough the QB situation is in the league right now.

resnor likes this.
  7. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    But the symptoms of the concussion exhibited themselves on Sunday, but Tua was never checked for a concussion. This is the problem here. The player isn't always going to speak out. If a player who has already sustained a concussion that season, slams their head, they should be checked out. Seems like a simple enough solution here.

resnor likes this.
  8. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    You seem upset there was no wrongdoing against the team. Would you feel better if we were penalized and Tua quit football altogether?
    I think you would be happy at those circumstances.

9. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Ummm. No. Not upset at the team at all. They followed the rules as instituted by the NFL and NFLPA. I'm more upset at the NFL/NFLPA for not having additional measures in place that I mentioned, and Tua for not speaking up and losing the game for the team.

resnor likes this.
  10. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Tua's fault.... Of course it is. He apparently didn't experience symptoms til the following day but let's blame him anyway.
    Did YOU know at the time he should've come out of the game ?
    Say yes, that will flow perfectly with your narrative.

11. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    He did experience symptoms that day. McDaniel said he had “questions about consistency of things I study daily on tape." Bevell said "I saw some things in the game and talked to Tua the next morning." That's why they then told him to go to the doctor after questioning him.

Either he loss the game by throwing 3 picks on his own without symptoms OR he threw 3 picks while experiencing concussion symptoms and not speaking up on it. Which one is it? Either way, it's his fault.Your narrative is nothing is Tua's fault. Unfortunately, that Packers loss was.

12. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    So are you disputing with those who are using his concussion to explain his ****ty second half play? Or are you only taking shots at the guy who isn't afraid to say it out loud?

StaleTacos likes this.
  13. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Right. Exactly. You can't have it both ways, and in reality, either scenario is all on Tua.

StaleTacos likes this.
  14. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I have no doubt Tua sucked in the 2nd half because of the hit he took earlier in the game ,but to blame him directly is ridiculous. To blame him ,one would have to believe he deliberately stayed in the game knowing he sustained a concussion and said **** it I'm.staying in the game anyway.
    Do you really think that's the case here ?

15. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Of course he deliberately stayed in the game. Do you think he accidentally stayed in the game? Players do dumb things all the time. Their competitiveness, pride, and confidence overrides reason and logic. Tua isn't the first and won't be the last athlete to be hurt and try to play through it ultimately hurting his team. However, it doesn't make it any less dumb, and he doesn't bare any less responsibility for the loss.

16. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Do you believe that Tua felt NOTHING from that hit, yet his physical abilities were shot? Yes, I do think that Tua knew something wasn't right, but stayed in the game. I don't see any other way around it. He had to know something was off.

17. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Yes, other players have played through injuries knowingly but when they did it, they were "taking one for the team", or " playing through the pain", " toughing it out", etc. But Tua tried, not knowing the full extent of his own injury at the time, and he`s to blame for the loss. Tua is scrutinized by everyone, the media mercilessly, the fans of other teams and fans of his own team so if he took himself out of last Sunday's game, he would be labeled a quitter, a loser, washed up, and should just retire.
    Again, I know why his second half performance sucked, no question about it, but I`m not going to blame Tua for trying to continue. If the Dolphins won, would you still blame Tua for not removing himself from the game if it became known the following day that he developed symptoms? I would think not.
    As I said countless times I`m not among the " Tua can do no wrong fandom", but this incident is not on him.

18. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    How many other NFL players stayed in the game after getting hit and the outcome of the game was pinpointed to that injury ? I`ll say none.
    Perhaps Tua felt "off", but not enough at the time to take himself out. If we won the game the timing of his symptoms wouldn`t even be an issue.

19. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    What a lame response. How many other players have had 2 confirmed (really it's obviously 3) concussions this season, and significant ones? Tua is ABSOLUTELY responsible for letting the trailers know he wasn't feeling right. It's ludicrous to act like Tua didn't know he was concussed.

20. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Lame response because you're hell bent on your " blame Tua" narrative.
    Doesn't matter what we think its not going to change a thing.

21. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    I would have a little trouble judging his decision making in terms of reporting symptoms if the concussion really impacted his decision making on the field.

Its impossible to know how he felt and where he was mentally. Its just a lot of jumping to conclusions.

22. DonStrockRules

DonStrockRules Member

Dec 19, 2022
    McD is looking great today!

Smart football. Great mix, TeddyB working the checkdowns like a boss.

Im really starting to think Tua made McD look bad. Tua never worked the checkdowns smartly.
    Bridgewater is playing with more poise than Tua has been.

23. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah great poise

24. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    If Tua was playing Miami would be winning by three touchdowns.

25. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Tua is not the problem.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  26. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Actually, Tua and the offense only managed to score 13 points in the first game against NE this year, so Teddy and this offense have already outperformed Tua.

StaleTacos and canesz06 like this.
  27. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    hitman you really believe they are in a better position with Bridgewater and Thompson?

28. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Tua didn't give New England 7 points though

dolphin25 likes this.
  29. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Well Tua misses games every season and that is part of the problem. You basically start out the season with 3-4 losses in those games he doesn’t play.

That makes playoffs, home field advantage and a Super Bowl that much more challenging.

canesz06, Hooligan and resnor like this.
  30. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I will agree, Tua is not the problem. The entire team is a problem. I don't think, outside of Hill/Waddle and Wilkinson, that there's anyone in this team that I would even care about keeping. This defense can go **** itself. That unit is singlehandedly the reason that we will not be competitive, no matter what the offense does.

Springveldt, JJ_79 and mlb1399 like this.
  31. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yep. That's been my main concern about Tua all along. He's not "the man" in the offense, and he misses too many games.

Doesn't matter how talented you are if you can't stay on the field. Tuashould have been no higher than a 2nd round pick, especially coming off that horrific hip injury.

mlb1399 and hitman8 like this.
  32. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Yea but u know what The offence lost this game not the D.They gave them 6 pts and only scored 14.U can't win like that

33. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    This team is the biggest fraud in dolphins history.
    I' am no longer sold on this coach either.
    We will go after next week's loss from number 2 seed to last place in our own division

mlb1399 and resnor like this.
  34. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Like I said, outside of Hill/Waddle, there is NO ONE on the offense that I care about keeping.

Just because the defense has been ****ing horrific all season doesn't mean that I think the offense has been good. Lol.

35. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    It’s really a case study in how to build a disastrous roster.

Draft a fragile QB who can’t stay healthy. Build a sh**y OL that can’t run the ball and protect the QB. Try to save said s****y OL with an injury prone LT. Field a s***y defense. Field a s****y special teams. Have an undisciplined team that commits too many penalties. Over invest at WR when you have glaring holes everywhere else. Then lose draft picks because your owner is an idiot.

Springveldt, hitman8 and resnor like this.
  36. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Dude this team is ****ed for years.

And I don't think Hill is going to want to waste his prime in a ****hole of mediocrity like Miami.

37. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Not arguing.D sucks but today they played well enought to win.
    This is offence is overratedThey played well 7 games out of 16 but people thought we were so explosive
    They saw HIll and Waddle makes these huge plays but don't realize we only scored 20 pts.

resnor likes this.
  38. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Season Ovah...Jets WILL beat the Seahawks today.

39. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yes, today was not on the defense, but at the same time, the defense doesn't do anything well. They don't force turnovers, they don't get sacks.

40. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    That doesn't end the season. It actually doesn't even matter if the Jets win. They would probably make if by beating the Jets next week

Not that they have much chance of that with Skylar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.