1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tua is not the Problem

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Nov 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    The problem is he hasn’t had a full healthy season since his Junior in college which means he’s responsible for 3-5 losses every year because he can’t stay healthy. I don’t think it’s a play smarter thing. He’s not very big and is fragile which is why he struggled to stay healthy playing against amateurs.

resnor likes this.
  2. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Actually it’s quite easy…had the defense shown up.

This year’s defense allowed an average of 15.5 points per game at home. That’s an incredible feat, ranking near elite status however on the road, the Dolphins defense allowed a whopping 30.56 points per game on the road. To paraphrase and quote Mr Myagi, “too much ask anyone”

Had the Dolphins road defense stepped up and only allowed 25 points per game on the road, the number of wins would have increase to 11 with wins over the Bills and the Patriots…and that’s just looking at it from the “points” aspect of it.

Had the defense shown up on the road, just how many crucial drives by opponents would have been stopped that resulted in road losses that Miami would have otherwise won?

If the Dolphins offense still performs next season as the did this season…and we can get the defense to perform next season as they did LAST season, no one is going to want to play us.

I just pray the team doesn’t screw up the DC hire

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Jimmy G is a worse QB, much older, more expensive, and is somehow even more injury prone or at least close enough. How does it ever make sense to take a serious run at him unless Tua retires?

4. pumpdogs

pumpdogs Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    He was also not good those 4 games.
    Qb rating was 80.8.
    But won't argue about the D.U can't give up 30 a game on the road.

resnor likes this.
  5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Yeah, Jimmy G is DEFINITELY a walking concussion like tl Tua.

You guys keep trying to compare these players as if their bodies are all the same, and they all respond to head injuries the same.

You're also ignoring how Tua's fared when teams took away the middle of the field. Tua can put up elite numbers, when he can avoid his limitations.

6. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I'm fairly confident Miami is in the AFC championship next week with a healthy Tua.

7. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't care what his injuries are if he is always injured. Trading 12 games of Tua for 12 games of Jimmy G doesn't improve the team and would actually make it worse.

Silverphin likes this.
  8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Jimmy G was drafted in 2014, and has missed 10 games in his career. I didn't bother to find out how many he started.

9. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    You didn't bother to do much to come up with that 10 games number.

10. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    He has been injured throughout his time in SF and even missed time filling in Brady when he was suspended.

If you want to argue he isn't as injury prone that is fine but he was very injury prone either way

11. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    He's almost missed 10 games just this season. In 2020 he missed about another 10 games. He missed basically an entire year in 2018 when he tore his ACL. He got injured when he filled in for Brady when he was suspended.

"10 games in his career" lol

Fireland likes this.
  12. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I don't have a belief or a crystal ball my dude. The point I was trying to make is that Tua has overcome every bit of adversity thrown his way thus far. From fluctuating offensive coordinators, to coaches that flat out didn't want him here, to an owner that didn't believe in him, to casual fans that have never even thrown a football before saying that he sucked and was too weak armed to make it in this league. I believe last year it was the rating that everyone was mentioning. I don't remember if you specifically said this, but I can dig through the posts and find it if necessary....Someone on this forum said that he had to post a rating higher than 95 (If memory serves me) for them to be sold on him. He did that...He led the league in rating. Now I personally don't put a whole lot of stock into rating, but it is a hell of a step forward for him. I think at this point, the injuries are the only thing I am worried about. I've said that over and over again. I even suggested moving on from him because I personally don't trust that he can defeat the injury issues. Some guys are just that way. Look at Anthony Davis in the NBA. He'd be the best big man in the game if it weren't for all the injuries. Same with Joel Embiid (I'm a Sixers fan). Tua is definitely injury prone and will be labeled as such until proven otherwise. With that being said...He's overcome a lot of adversity already in his short career. I think he can stay healthy, but it's going to take a collective unit to do so. The O line can't be trash, the decision making will have to get even quicker, and he's going to have to learn how NOT to take big hits. Not as easy as I am making it sound. There's a thing that us skateboarders used to say to each other back in the day when that was my thing out in Arizona. It was that "you have to learn how to fall and how to land." Sounds crazy, but it's very true. Anyone that's ever ridden a bike, skated, went skiing, or snowboarded, or even jumped out of planes knows what I'm talking about.

13. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Based on what?We finished season 1-5.

14. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    Emotions for Tua mostly.

hitman8 and The G Man like this.
  15. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Oh really? Did you forget that we lost against both the bills and bengals this year with Tua starting against both of them? The bengals beatdown of the bills tells you how far down the ladder we actually are.

dolphin25 likes this.
  16. EasyRider

EasyRider New Member

Nov 14, 2020
    As much as I like McD as a QBs coach he blew the season away with his mistakes and terrible play calling. He’s not an OC and that’s clear. He needs to hire a play caller if we’re gonna go anywhere next season. Watching defenses play 15 yards off our WRs and he doesn’t even adjust for some slants and screens tells me all I need to know. He needs to put down the Madden football joystick when needed

Hooligan likes this.
  17. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Did you forget Tua played against the Bills in another game too?

Silverphin likes this.
  18. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    Yeah, early in the season, and we barely won that one, then lost our next two against the bills, even with Tua starting. And the Bengals kicked our *** in a game where tua played terrible before getting knocked out. After seeing the bengals dominate the bills what makes you think we would ever get past them, or even the bills? You are delusional if you think we would have made the AFC championship game with Tua. That or you are just trolling as usual.

StaleTacos likes this.
  19. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    They were driving to take the lead vs Cincy in Cincy with Teddy with less than 5 minutes left. That is some *** kicking.

Springveldt likes this.
  20. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    The Bengals didn't "Kick" our ***. We had a chance to win that game and Bridgewater (as expected) threw a late game INT which sealed our fate. Also...Tua did not play the next two games against the Bills. He played in late December in the snow and had us in position to win. The defense gave that game away. Jesus dude, Tua doesn't play defense! Or did you miss the game? I think you're the one that is delusional or idiotic. Haven't figured out which yet.

21. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    We lost the game 27-15, and Bridgwater actually played much better than Tua in that game. Tua played terrible even before he got knocked out, claiming we would be in the AFC championship game with Tua is delusional. You homers always think we are better than we actually are then get a reality check every year.

StaleTacos likes this.
  22. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    We still lost the game against Buffallo, even with Tua playing the whole game, and bridgewater actually played much better than Tua in our game against the bengals and we still lost 27-15. What exactly makes you think we would have beaten the bills in the playoffs, let alone also beat the bengals to get to the AFC championship game? That is just delusional thinking and competely ignores our past performance against both teams this year.

StaleTacos likes this.
  23. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    How can you be driving to take the lead with about 3 minutes left in a game you got your *** kicked

24. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Tuanon saying Dolphins would have been in the AFC championship game is akin to Uncle Rico saying only if coach put him in. His whole life would be different!!

[​IMG]

hitman8 likes this.
  25. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    Bengals were significantly better than us pretty much the whole game, bridgwater actully played better than Tua, we were not winning thet game with or without Tua. Bengals are a much better team than us, and Buffalo is a significantly better team than us, which is exactly why the bengals are in the AFC championship and the bills beat us in the last two games we played against them. Claiming we would have beaten both teams and been in the AFC championship with Tua is nothing but a pipedream.

26. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    Yea I don't get how people forget.
    We played lousy on both sides of ball and then beat the jets with no offence.

27. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    After watching Brady he looks finished to me and Jimmy G is more injury prone than Tua.
    The only one I would take is Rodgers.

resnor likes this.
  28. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Tua didn't lose the third game against the Bills, Thompson did and they had a chance to win the game on the final drive. Why is it so delusional that if Tua was playing Miami could have actually won that game?

Oh Miami "barely won that game". lol, I forgot the Bills crushed them in each of the next two games right?

29. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    OMG hilarious!!

[​IMG]

I like this one to describe Herbert.

30. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    Your claim was not that Miami may have won that game with Tua, in fact we could have won with Tua, but we also could have lost like we did just three weeks earlier with Tua playing against the bills. There is no way to know since all three games against the bills this year were close. However, your claim is that we would have beaten both the bills and the bengals in the playoffs to get to the AFC championship game if only Tua had been playing. That in fact is delusional, since both the bills and bengals beat us in the regular season, even with Tua starting those games.

resnor, StaleTacos and dolphin25 like this.
  31. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    So they didn't kick their *** then?

32. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    They would be playing the Cincinnati in the AFC championship game first of all.

And, hitman, your logic of "because a team lost to the other team before means they can't beat them in the second matchup" is completely flawed.

I don't see anyone beating Cincinnati right now but I do think the Miami, with Tua, would have given Kansas City a better game than Jacksonville did and possibly pulled out a win.

Sorry you people get offended by that. lol

ExplosionsInDaSky likes this.
  33. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    Strawman argument is irrelevent.

34. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    We are not on Cincinati or Kansas City level right now, with or without Tua, and we are barely competitive with the Bills, who are clearly a level below cinci and KC. Stop trying to make us out to be better than we actually are. Delusional thinking and expectations like that is why we dont see the changes made that need to be made in order to make us into REAL contenders instead of failing every season.

Tua and Grier will be back next year, and we will have to relive the **** show and dissapointment all over again.

resnor likes this.
  35. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Its not a strawman when its exactly what you said. Here I will help you out with a response you could give if you want to not troll

"Obviously they didn't kick their *** and the Dolphins could have won but despite that I do think they looked like a superior team and have only got better since then so Dolphins would be clear underdogs even with Tua"

36. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    They beat the Bills once and lost to them twice by a combined score of 5 points. How is that being "barely competitive" with them?

37. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm not arguing necessarily they are better or worse. Those are guys I would expect they would take a run at.

38. hitman8

Nov 11, 2016
    Fact is they won 2 out of 3 against us and finished with a 14-3 record overall. We finished with a 9-8 record and lost 2 out of 3 against the bills. Just because they were close games and we won one doesnt mean we are actually on the bills level, with or withouy Tua we are barely competing with them. And the bills are also not as good as KC and Cincy, bills were overrated.

We are not as good as you think we are and you are wrong to paint us as being in the AFC championship game if only Tua wasnt injured. But you are usually wrong about pretty much everything so thats nothing new.

mlb1399, StaleTacos and resnor like this.
  39. pumpdogs

Sep 22, 2009
    delaware
    I hope not but then again we need a miracle for our QB to last a whole season

resnor likes this.
  40. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It's going to be so dumb if they run this QB situation back again. Honestly, it's the laziest thing Grier can do, and you know he's going to keep giving his draft picks opportunities. That way it doesn't look like he totally didn't F the franchise and the whole rebuild.

dolphin25, resnor and mlb1399 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.