1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tua is not the Problem

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Nov 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    check your pulse.

end thread.

Dol-Fan Dupree likes this.
  2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    There's also multiple quotes about Tua hitting sideline throws that other quarterbacks only attempt a few times a season.

He also quotes Hill when he showed him the 700 throw video, and Hill agreed it was like nothing he's ever seen.

This is all you need. Excited for year two.

djphinfan likes this.
  3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    DJ you have **** on your share of Miami QBs.

Sceeto likes this.
  4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You haven't even barely been a part of the "conversation" until last week.

Maybe go haunt Club again. I used to enjoy your posts. Now you're just throwing ad homs and nuh-uhs.

5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Specifically, which posters have said "Tua will never be successful."

Stop pulling this crap. It's. A. Strawman. You are continuing to argue against posters who either don't exist or rarely post, and arguing against things that have never been said.

I've literally stated repeatedly that I think that Tua, barring injury, has a decent career. I just don't think he's dependable and I don't care to see him on our team long-term.

6. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    He could have longevity. Average to above average QBs stick around. If Tua pulls a magic game, like the Ravens 4th quarter ever year or two, he'll be fool's gold for some narcissist coach who thinks he can get that Tua every game, even though no one else has been able to.

StaleTacos likes this.
  7. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    ....and the next Pat White to others.

8. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    LOL.....

Fireland likes this.
  9. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    W...... T........ F..........

Tua will be fool's gold (according to you) but that is not a statement that should be taken to mean he won't be successful????

BTW, the mere fact that you mentioned getting a 4 TD fourth quarter out of ANY QB every game is ludicrous. Combine that with the fact that you use that ridiculous example to knock Tua (fool's gold) just sums up your whole shtick.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    RGF likes this.
  10. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Ok I’ve avoided this particular subject concerning Tua but for some reason…

Look, “falling” is one thing. USD, Combatives, etc…in the Army we went through fall drills all of the time. But there is a distinct difference in falling and being wrapped up and TACKLED.

in falling, you have complete control of your body…legs, hips, torso, arms all free from constraint so you can roll hips this way, slap arms that way, etc. In this aspect, jujitsu may be helpful to Tagovailoa’s ability to control his fall after being hit following a pass.

But being wrapped up by a defender, especially a 300lb defensive lineman with arms the size of tree trunks wrapped around Tua’s torso, trapping his arms…or Tua still holding the ball and taking arm placement completely out of the falling equation is a completely different scenario all together.

resnor likes this.
  11. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    If you don’t even care about being right, then we can completely disregard your views of Tua. You’re basically saying you can spew any kind of crap about Tua because you don’t even care about accuracy. Accuracy matters.

12. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    IMO, a better fall would have avoided the head bang against the Bills and the concussion against the Packers and maybe even the concussion against the Bengals. IMO, he needs to stop allowing his head to flop around like a newborn baby.

13. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    From the first page of this thread:

Those two guys are still here a year and a half later. How about you?

To which someone responded with this:

Factual rebuttal after factual rebuttal..... you are taking this "never let the facts get in the way of a good story" too far.

Fireland and RGF like this.
  14. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    If Tua fails, he will be the first one on here saying I told you so.

If Tua succeeds, "it's just an internet forum, bro".

Ophinerated, Fireland, RGF and 3 others like this.
  15. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    LOL is right. That related to my post of "he won't have longevity or be elite in the league. He can still be good, especially with the weapons he has."

resnor likes this.
  16. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    What you said was "I hope you’re not rooting for Tua to fail because that’s the only way you’ll be “right”.

You seem to think being right or wrong on an internet forum is more important than rooting for your team. That's your view, not mine. Additionally, you personally can disregard my views and posts all you'd like. Your sense of self importance and ego are on full display for all to see.

resnor likes this.
  17. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Right.. someone asking you to at least acknowledge you could be wrong is displaying ego and self importance lol.

No it’s you.. the guy who can’t even acknowledge you could potentially be wrong about Tua that is showing everyone here what kind of ego and self importance he thinks he has.

Carry on though.

18. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    Sure, as long as he can "throw to spots", right?

19. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Glad to see you are walking back me saying "Tua will never be successful."

resnor likes this.
  20. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Where did someone ask me to acknowledge I could be wrong and I said I can't be?

resnor likes this.
  21. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    lol.. first of all FinFaninBuffalo asked you to not say Tua “won’t” be successful and instead qualify it, to which you re-emphasized he “won’t” be successful. That’s when I responded.

Secondly, throughout much of this thread I’ve repeatedly asked Tua naysayers to not act like it’s a foregone conclusion Tua won’t be successful because we don’t yet know. Yet the claims keep coming. That’s been my one beef with you guys.. not even leaving room for the possibility of error in your judgment, just like this latest exchange when I pointed it out again.

22. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Someone asked you to change your definitive wording from "HE WON'T" to "HE MAY NOT", and you doubled down.

23. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    That's very different from stating I can't acknowledge I could be wrong. My opinion is he won't. If you say, "Tua is going to throw for 400 yards tomorrow" or "The sun will rise tomorrow." I'm not going to say, "Please add 'he/it may'." Obviously stating any future event can have a "may" added. What a silly point to make.

Ask noted. However, you aren't an authority here. People can state their opinions how they feel.

resnor likes this.
  24. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    It’s not a silly point when it keeps occurring, and yes emphasizing “won’t” after being asked to acknowledge you could be wrong is not admitting to the possibility of error.

I do like your latest response though so maybe this issue will be resolved going forward. And btw.. your response does mean you care about accuracy (i.e., whether your were “right”) which is good.

25. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    [/QUOTE]

Hurts and Smith made it to a superbowl, Tua and Waddle havent even sniffed it yet, so no reason to regret my statement. I still think we would have been better off picking Hurts in the second round. That's what I wanted us to do on Draft day.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
    dolphin25, StaleTacos and resnor like this.
  26. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'm done talking to you about my position. I very clearly explained my position, yet you insist on twisting it into something it isn't

1. Tua, barring injury, will have a decent career, average to above average QBs stick around in the league.

2. IF Tua has a glimpse once in awhile of greatness, like the Ravens game, yes, there will be coaches who believe that they can get that level of elite play out of him consistently. So there will continue to be demand add him. No different than other not enter QBs like Cutler, Tannehill, etc etc. That's the fool's gold.

That isn't saying that Tua sucks or "can't be successful.". I don't believe Tua is elite compared to his peers. Yeah, he's an NFL QB, so he's going to do some things well, and if everything clicked, he can put up some great numbers.

Go **** yourself. Troll someone else.

27. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    They didn't say he couldn't be successful. You are saying that, based on whatever you have determined or means to "be successful."

Troll.

StaleTacos likes this.
  28. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It's a very silly point. It only keeps "occurring" because of the way you perceive it. There's no need for us to adapt to your perception.

29. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    Your posts are an interesting combination of falsehoods, half truths, weasel wording, misunderstandings, and passive aggressive nonsense. I have rarely see a poster so often wrong on a topic.

Fool's gold IS THE DEFINITION OF UNSUCCESSFUL.

upload_2023-3-29_18-28-49.png

30. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Its not really that those QBs are fools gold its that there are only so many good QBs. Its either start those QBs or get fired.

31. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    Two simple questions. Try to answer without weasel wording.

Do you think Tua is good enough to take the Dolphins to the super bowl?

Do you think he is a top 10 QB right now?

32. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    You say that you think he can be good but immediately deflect credit to the weapons... You just can't help yourself.

Answer a question honestly. If you knew that Tua would play the next 10 years injury free, should the Dolphins keep Tua as the starter?

I've got news for you, if you don't think he should be the starter, then you don't think he will be successful.

33. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    And I've got news for you, there's a plethora of starters in this league that aren't elite. By definition most won't be.

You can have success and not be an elite QB. You are trying too hard here.

resnor likes this.
  34. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    So, no then....

BTW, my point remains. I pointed out two other posters who don't think he will be successful and the poster who called my comment "a strawman" referred to Tua as "fool's gold". Those are 3 of the 4 most vocal doubters and they have been in this thread since the beginning.

35. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's like your are intentionally trying to find a way to not understand what I'm saying.

StaleTacos likes this.
  36. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Most disingenuous poster on this site.

You CONTINUOUSLY misrepresent other posters, despite consistently and REPEATEDLY being shown how you are twisting.

Yet you continue.

Yes, if a coach thinks he can turn Tua's into a consistently elite QB, I think he's got fools gold. Manziel. And a couple other recent high drafted guys spring to mind as exactly what I'm referring to.

Troll.

StaleTacos likes this.
  37. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Na. They didn't say that. You are pretty confused here. You are equating being successful with being a franchise/elite QB. Different things.

resnor likes this.
  38. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    What the hell do you think this means? I'll try to break it down for you. He claimed that Tua would only succeed with the perfect team around him, but, since this is the NFL, he won't get the perfect team around him. So....... TUA WILL NOT SUCCEED.

Stop with the excuse making for Tua. If only he had a perfect team around him he would succeed, well guess what this is the NFL.

39. FinFaninBuffalo

Dec 13, 2007
    You do like to twist yourself in knots to avoid admitting what you posted....

[​IMG]

Oh, and comparing Tua to Johnny Manziel is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

You made more sense when you were babbling about "throwing to a spot".

djphinfan likes this.
  40. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Nice! Now we are down to only one poster where you are chopping up and not providing the context of what the poster is responding to. And he's still not saying what you think he is.

We're making progress!

resnor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.