1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tua on the Sideline

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheHighExhaulted, Sep 27, 2021.

1. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    One thing that kind of ticked me off yesterday was seeing Tua on the sideline. He looked fine to me. He was moving around well, joking around and generally seemed like he was in good spirits.

I have to think he is the kind of kid that said he was fine and wanted to play. Give him a flak jacket and get out there.

I'm a Tua supporter, but I don't know if I have to question his will. Is it him or was it the front office panicking and jumping the gun throwing him on the IR?

I didn't have audio of the game, did the broadcast mention anything about this?

KeyFin likes this.
  2. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Tua had a busted hip and he was lying in bed singing and playing a ukelele. I don't think we can read too much into him being in good spirits.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Striking, Dol-Fan Dupree and KeyFin like this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    :favre:

4. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I don't think the announcers said anything about Tua other than the basic "he's out for three weeks, they're being cautious and that's the right call for a young QB."

5. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    As big of a embarrassment this franchise can be even they aren't dumb enough to send their young QB out behind that offensive line with fractured ribs.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    Striking likes this.
  6. Dan S

Dan S Phins up!

Jul 30, 2016
    The announcers did say something about them not playing him because taking a hit with cracked ribs could lead to a worse internal injury such as a punctured lung.

Striking, KeyFin and jdallen1222 like this.
  7. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    I'm not mad at Tua or the dolphins for sitting him out. I've had cracked ribs before, even the thought of taking a hit from an NFL lineman while having cracked ribs is unbearable.

What I'm mad about is the fact that Tua can never seem to stay healthy, and we wasted a top 5 overall pick on him.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    mlb1399 likes this.
  8. Pennington's Limp Arm

Pennington's Limp Arm Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Tua publicly said he could play through the pain and wanted to start against Vegas.
    (Before being put on IR)

Im guessing he didn’t have much say in the decision.

KeyFin likes this.
  9. Tua's injury has been strategically handled. At first Flores said it was "bruised ribs", day to day. Then 24-48 hours passed and it became cracked ribs, and a day later on IR. It was a move of convenience as the Dolphins figure out how to finalize The Houston Pervert. Now that the Pervert to Miami rumor has actual legs with Florio, Glazer, Jaws, and CK reporting various versions, it is pretty clear the Fins are trying to get that deal over the finish line. do not be surprised if it is finalized over the next 2-3 weeks as Tua's ribs "heal." They are just buying time with the under-armed gimp to bring in the Houston Pervert. Tua has likely played his last game as a Dolphin, as he will likely be traded to some QB desperate team for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Smile boys, The Pervert is coming and he is very excited about the idea....

10. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Uh...Link?

KeyFin likes this.
  11. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    That doesn't even make sense. Why would they need to lie about Tua's health to trade for Watson?

KeyFin likes this.
  12. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I just wanted to say something here sort of off-topic but definitely to the point. When I was in my early 20's, I wanted to hump everything that moved. Most of us did...probably all of us. But at the same time, we weren't millionaires in life where nobody seemed to tell us "no" about anything. Heck, I was working in Costco in Miami at that age...I could barely afford my beer & wings intake with friends.

Watson was wrong here in what he did...W-R-O-N-G! But I have a feeling that if all of us had his bank account, there would be a few of us here trying to hook up with massage therapists. Would it be wrong?!? YES!!! But if one of your 25 year old friends told you that story over a beer when you were that age, most of us would have laughed hysterically and let it go.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying I agree with what he did, but I don't think he should be blacklisted for being young, dumb and horny. We all have stories of sexual encounters that one of our idiot friends went to the extreme back in the day, so I don't think this is as taboo as we're making it out to be. Heck, Robert Kraft got busted with a prostitute in a massage parlor.

I've personally never even been to a massage therapist and if I did go, it definitely wouldn't be for sex. But I can also understand how some people feel like that's a normal thing in their world. Watson probably though massage = happy ending because that's how it works. That makes him a moron, but I don't think that automatically makes him a bad person in his 20's.

For Kraft in his 60's? Completely different story...absolutely a pervert. But I'm starting to see it differently for a kid in his 20's.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  13. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    If he just tried to "hook up" with massage therapists he wouldn't be in this trouble but that isn't what we are talking about

And if it was just one maybe it could considered a misunderstanding. When its over 20 allegations you become a predator.

If the allegations are true it can't be defended.

KeyFin and Striking like this.
  14. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I mean, it's horrible...but we just don't have the context. The police haven't arrested him so I don't think this is a "worst case" scenario. And we know just from statistics that some of these cases are people jumping on the bandwagon; that's guaranteed to happen in every civil suit.

I am also assuming there were some instances of genuinely "crossing the line"- that's what really matters. Was it once or twice? Or was it a dozen different women? And what specifically did he do? We need to know in order to pass judgement. Maybe you're right and this is inexcusable....maybe I'm right and it was just a really dumb kid. I can't wait to find out anyway.

15. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    He is a 26 year old man. He isn't a kid.

Like I said if something happens one time where you are inappropriate whether its intentional or not you learn from that. You don't repeat the behavior dozens of times.

An argument that he could be innocent is valid
    An argument that if he did it he should be a allowed to play again at some point is valid
    An argument that what he is accused of is excusable is not valid

KeyFin likes this.
  16. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    That creep that tortured dogs was allowed to play again. A crime worse than grabbing some of their arses or exposing yourself. So it won't matter. The NFL has zero morals. It's only about the $$$$. People will welcome him onto the team if it means wins. Some won't. But after a year or two a new boogieman will be found to express our fake anger at.

mlb1399 and KeyFin like this.
  17. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    Obviously he will be allowed to play. I don't think that was ever in question.