1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turf at The Rock being replaced

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    At a venue that has undergone dramatic change over the past few years, the playing surface will be undergoing the most dramatic change possible.

Via Jason Lieser of the Palm Beach Post, the Dolphins will replace the entire field at Hard Rock Stadium in advance of regular-season openers from both the Dolphins and the University of Miami.

Lieser notes that there have been “ongoing issues” with the sod, which has seen scrimmages from the Dolphins and Hurricanes and a pair of Dolphins preseason home games. Last month, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona played there, too.

The Dolphins had hoped to replace the sod before Thursday night’s game, but rain got in the way. And so the turf will be removed before a Coldplay concert set for August 28, and it will be replaced as quickly as possible.

Time will be of the essence; the U plays at the H on September 2. If it rains heavily that week, the D could be F’d.

ME - it did seem the field looked like crap. I wonder if the field conditions had anything to do with some of the injuries.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    We are lucky there were no bad injuries.

3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Shouldn't they remove the turf AFTER the concert?