1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Distribution/preview

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Ok so there's still 2 weeks left, but I was trying to figure out where the game might be playing for week 1. Basically was trying to figure out if it would be on TV in NY or if I would have to "take a pill."

I forget, how many games do they show during the daytime on Sunday? 2 or 3? I'm pretty sure it's 3, except week 17 which is 4. I know the Jets play on Monday night, and the Giants play at 1pm on FOX. Dolphins-Bills are on CBS at 1pm, and I'm assuming since all the 4pm games are on FOX, they'll be showing a CBS game at 1pm across from the FOX game.

I would think Dolphins-Bills would be most likely in the NYC market. Bengals-Patriots is possible, but two rival AFC East teams should be shown over 1.

Last season we had 7 Dolphin games on in this market[3 primetime + other Jets game + games against Chargers, Steelers and Patriots]. Looks like we'll probably get 7 or 8 again. 4 definite ones. Maybe these from the look of the schedule:
    1. Week 1 vs Bills-explained above
    2.Week 17 vs Patriots-they show 4 day games and this is a no-brainer
    3.Week 2 vs Vikings?-Jets play at 4pm, Giants at 8pm. They love Favre so that's the only reason I think this one, but we'll have to wait and see.
    4. Week 6 at Packers?- Jets at 4pm, Giants at 1 also but on FOX. If they choose to show the 4pm Cowboys game on Fox[they usually do] then this won't be on. If they do choose a CBS game at 1 though, this is a good possibility since they are both popular teams.
    5.Week 7 vs. Steelers- Jets have a Bye, Giants play on Monday. Patriots also don't play until 4, so this is pretty much a lock with two popular teams.
    6.Week 12 vs Raiders?-Jets play Thanksgiving, Giants 1pm. There are only 3 4pm games so this is possible.
    7. Week 15 vs Bills?-Jets play at 4pm [cbs], Giants 1pm but on FOX. So there should be a 1pm CBS game.

I know we have a lot of people in NY/NJ, so be on the lookout for those games! We could have a lot here this year. That's one good thing from the Jets having more on Primetime and at 4pm.

2. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    keep an eye on this site...give it a few days leading up to each new week, and it will fill in the distribution details of each local and what games are broadcast where, etc.

NFL Map Index and National Schedule: 2010

http://the506.com/sports/?p=458