1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tweets of interest game #7

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Oct 28, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Jerry being looked at to replace Murtha ?

Starks had 45 snaps, ditto Langford

Which is why fixing the running game is job #1, they have to pull that Safety into the box.

Jason Allen's nose for the ball is just so tough to take off of the field, Smith is a better coverage corner, but JA's all around game is better.

Sooner or later Tony, you have to face the facts..

As an aside, it seems to me that this game is exactly what the SparanoPhins are built for, stop the run, run the ball.

Koa has grown on me, I am a self described Ikaika Francis homer, but Koa is just so hard to keep blocked that you have to like his game.

Keep an eye on #59 though, Ikaika was manhandling Steelers blockers, more time and he will have more results and it looks like his explosiveness has improved as well.

MikeHoncho, dolfan22 and ATVZ400 like this.
  2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    The safety thing you can see (even though he quoted it wrong)

I have been saying all year Brown has been dancing way to much, Williams hits the hole faster, but I hold my breath with him afraid he is going to fumble.

Smith needs to be back at CB

3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Also saw on twitter that Cincy is getting an extension to try and stop a local blackout in Cincinnati. Any Dolphins fans in the Ohio area you can probably get a good price on tickets!

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    They had it both ways, single high safety and two high, so I just took the first one.

Love Ronnie B, he is dancing to much, and is one of the problems on offense, I suspect he really wants/wanted a new contract and it is messing with him that he did not land one.

That is not a swipe at Ronnie Brown as he has been one of the most sincere NFL players I've come across, I'd like to see him drop his shoulder and power through the hole and turn that ship around.

Interceptions are like Crack for Coaches NJ, they can say "well, we will play so and so.." game time rolls around..and they want that ball back, they need that ball back...:yes:

5. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

On the penalty TMD got ( not warranted imo ) , LOVED the strength and disdain he showed by throwing th Steeler to the ground like he was a minor annoyance in his way ...

Keep getting better big man !

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Hope this game goes as well as the last time we were playing in Cincy (I was there).

7. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I meant they said defense not offense to point one.

As much as interceptions are crack for coaches, long TD passes against are job killers for coaches.

8. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You can always give Safety help over the top, there is no scheme that creates interceptions, that is up to the individual players to create.

Guys who create turnovers do not grow on trees.

10. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    I agree Padre. That's one area were the Dolphins need to really improve.

11. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Is this the first of three coaches to admit the same thing that we have seen in the past five years? I don't think I have ever seen the admission before.

As a side note.....

Members have been asking all week why we QUIT running to the left. That is what made me take special notice of a Ronnie Brown run to the right in the second quarter run versus the Steelers. I noticed something weird. McQuistan pulled to the left and kicked out. Ronnie Brown took the handoff to the right and did his little hop step. He was tackled by the unblocked DE.

IT WAS A FREAKING COUNTER blown up by none other than our backfield dancing queen. Loss of 2.........

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Happens to them every year. Kroger or P&G will buy up the lot and help them out...

I feel for them having Mike Brown as an owner. Just terrible.