1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Seeking Answers, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Seeking Answers

Seeking Answers New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    I'm trying to network my business, keep up with the times and new technology, create a presence. But I don't get this Twitter thing. I just don't get it. You don't put hardly anything on your home page to my knowledge. All you seem to do is write what you're currently doing. Am I missing something? What is with Twitter? What is Twitter? What's it about, someone educate me?

Thanks.

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    It's basically the status updates from Facebook on their own service. Some people obsessively update with what they're doing every ten seconds, some people use it as a source of information distribution. For example, PFT will send out headlines via Twitter, and Sen. Jim DeMint used Twitter to publicize some events that happened during the Congressional debates over the September $700b bailout package.

Just think of it as a very, very minimal Facebook.

3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Twitter is the most prominent example of "microblogging," in which users give updates on their lives and their thoughts in 150 words or less. Because of the speed with which microblogs can be posted and the number of different transmission methods that can be used (users are supposed to be able to use mobile devices, but that Twitter capability is down for me for some reason), microblogging posts can be much more frequent.

Their usefulness in reporting events was first noted during the Mumbai terror attacks of a few months ago.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

It's a decent service and free. It is kind of like a mini facebook as it has been suggested before but is better IMO because you don't deal with page clutter. responses are short and tidy and there's not a million people trying to get you to play mob wars or the next big game...