1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Top Picks?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Galant, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Let's say the Dolphins decide to try to pick twice in the top 10-12 players.
    Miami could either stay at 3 or trade back from 3 but remain in the top 10, and then trade up from 18.

Are there two players you would do that for?

Maybe Pitts slides, but I would image the very top pick would have to be either Pitts or Sewell, if you want them. Then a bit later in the top 10 it would like be for either a WR or Parsons.

Or is there someone else worthy? I suppose a top QB if Miami decide to double-down on two top QB picks in consecutive years.

Who do you select?

2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Assuming Wilson is off the board (I think the Jests will take him at #2), I would take Sewell at #3. A dominant OT (and the presumptive best prospect at the position) can only help a young QB, as well as the entire offense. So, I'm not trading back unless it's only one spot to Atlanta because he won't get past Cincy at #5 IMO. If Wilson is somehow still OTB at #3, I'm drafting him. Damn the PR nightmare. Tua's just gonna have to man up and earn the job. We have got to find our franchise QB. Nothing else matters until/unless we do.

Not sure I wanna trade up from #18. But...if I was inclined to trade up into the top 10-12 from #18, then it would only be for Pitts or Chase.

Galant, KeyFin and resnor like this.
  3. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I’m with G man, I don’t want to trade up in the top 10. Ideally we trade #3 to 8 or 9. With the 18th pick, I’d rather trade back to the mid to late 20’s.

If we’re stuck at 3, I’d go Sewell or Chase
    If we trade back to 8/9, Pitts, Smith or Waddle
    At 18, best edge rusher or WR depending on what we do with our 1st pick
    If we trade back from 18, Zaven Collins

4. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Chase/Smith and Pitts.
    A faster Boldin or Marvin Harrison. And a blazing fast mismatch creating TE. Offense pass catcher situation is fixed for the long term.

My trade scenario? Back to #6 with Eagles who choose the next best QB. Dolphins get 2-3 2nd round picks. Draft Pitts at #6. Then trade up from #18 and choose Smith in that 12-14 range.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  5. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I feel like after the top 5-6 picks, 7 -18 are all about the same. They are all good but it's just a matter of positional need at that point in terms of the talent.