Tyler Thigpen: Possible trade bait?
52 replies
I suspect Pennington’s re-signing means Tyler Thigpen, whom the Dolphins acquired from Kansas City for a fifth-round pick, is on the trading block. I’m told the Bills, which are coached by Chan Gailey, Thigpen’s former offensive coordinator with the Chiefs, might be interested in having him compete with Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick for Buffalo’s starting spot. There are plenty people around the league who share my belief that Thigpen will eventually become a quality NFL starter.
Thanks for the sig, Gish!
Thigpen or Penny to Cleveland for S. Rodgers would be awesome!
from chris mortensons twitter responding to someones.....
@evansilva Maybe but they like Thigpen a lot. He's the real insurance for Henne.
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"SICK wrote:
from chris mortensons twitter responding to someones.....
Duude...just last week Ireland was praising Gibril Wilson...and today he was whacked.
Basically there is no reliable sources inside the CIA HQ that is in Davie..
"padre31 wrote:
Duude...just last week Ireland was praising Gibril Wilson...and today he was whacked.
Basically there is no reliable sources inside the CIA HQ that is in Davie..
Hey has he been praising Ginn or Torber lately? :pointlol:
i still say penny is more likely the one to be traded still.theres a few teams out there that could use the services of penny with the redskins being one,seattle being another..detroit could use a experienced vet to back up stafford.penny just signed a one yr contract which should make him even more inticing now that the contract is out of the way and its a pretty good one for any of those teams that need a stop-gap or someone to compete in the redskins case.
"flynryan151 wrote:
Hey has he been praising Ginn or Torber lately? :pointlol:
Learn to like Ginn because he's staying and he WILL produce if we can somehow find a true #1

Kanye West wrote:
I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?
"High Definition wrote:
Learn to like Ginn because he's staying and he WILL produce if we can somehow find a true #1
If he produces I'll speak well of him. However until he stops running out of bounds, falling down, alligator arming it across the middle, and dropping game winning TD's he has a bulleyes on him. Especially now that GERBIL is gone!
You keep talent and add to it.
If Chad Pennington's arm does not pan out we have NO ONE to back up Chad Henne.
Trading Thigpen is a really dumb idea.

"flynryan151 wrote:
If he produces I'll speak well of him. However until he stops running out of bounds, falling down, alligator arming it across the middle, and dropping game winning TD's he has a bulleyes on him. Especially now that GERBIL is gone!
he's not a great wr, but he's not guilty of all that either. Also, i expect wrs to go out of bounds when the opportunity is there as opposed to getting hit. And yeah, some WRs are going to go down rather than driving head first into a CB. That's just being smart. Those wrs tend to play a lot longer for a reason.
A lot of people were against acquiring Boldin because he's injury prone. But he's injury prone because he never shys away from contact, never goes out of bounds, always goes over the middle. And when he's not playing by week 10 for the ravens, we'll know why.
It's a rough position. You need to be tough, but you need to be smart too. That means you'll be a chicken sometimes, so be it. Try to remember that most of these guys won't be walking by the time their 60 if they take every hit.
"m ino wrote:
i still say penny is more likely the one to be traded still.theres a few teams out there that could use the services of penny with the redskins being one,seattle being another..detroit could use a experienced vet to back up stafford.penny just signed a one yr contract which should make him even more inticing now that the contract is out of the way and its a pretty good one for any of those teams that need a stop-gap or someone to compete in the redskins case.
it really looks like Parcells likes Pennington. i don't think he would screw him over by trading him away now. besides, we would owe Pennington an additional 1.5 mil if we traded him.
No to trading Tyler Thigpen!!!
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
You'd have to think the Pennington signing means we are either shopping White or moving him to another position.
"finfansince72 wrote:
You'd have to think the Pennington signing means we are either shopping White or moving him to another position.
Moving White to Wr really doesn't make much sense either though, Bess is our best Wr, White would most certainly be a slot Wr, and he would not move Bess off of the Slot.
white = our cribbs
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

"SICK wrote:
white = our cribbs
Cribbs is 6'1" 215lbs. Pat White is 6' 190lbs. Cribbs is a KR/PR/WR, White does none of those things (yet).
Sorry Sick, but I don't see the comparison.
http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg
With four QB's now on the roster in Henne, Thigpen, Pennington and White, there is noway all four will be still there come September. Some team is bound to lose a veteren backup or starter before the season starts or a team will be unhappy with who they already have and will seek to find better options.
With the Fins having four QB's (one starter and two of which are backup worthy and former staters in the league) you can bet they will be approached and offered some picks for one of those players.
IF either goes, my $$$ is on Pennington .... you can work the increase in his contract in the trade -- so it has no effect on MIA.
This likely also means that we will not draft a QB, as many inferred this year.
still think this was mostly a business decision .... equally, i think it speaks volumes about Pat White .......
So we go into TC with 4 QBs. When the dust settles, the worst White...er, QB... is either moved to a different position, shuffled off to the practice squad, or outright cut. Trading Thigpen, especially for a low round pick, would really suck.
"The G Man wrote:
Cribbs is 6'1" 215lbs. Pat White is 6' 190lbs. Cribbs is a KR/PR/WR, White does none of those things (yet).
Sorry Sick, but I don't see the comparison.
i didnt say they were exact measurments.....not sure why that was brought up. iam talking about white being a role player for us. return kicks, line up out wide catching jet screens, reverses, snaps from the WC etc etc
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

I don't think Thigpen is going anywhere, I think White is going to WR


I love all this fan speculation.. Why don't one of you just walk into the Dolphins head office and ask what's going on???
that is if you could get by security... LOL
The next game is the most important game of the season !!
No, No, No, To Trading Tyler Thigpen!!!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Man, I hate it when you guys dig up these threads from weeks ago, particularly at this time of year...Made me think this was something new, then I remembered reading that little blurb before and I checked the dates....
"windwalker wrote:
I love all this fan speculation.. Why don't one of you just walk into the Dolphins head office and ask what's going on???
that is if you could get by security... LOL

Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast
