1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typical Dolphins... Playing another meaningless Week 17 game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jt0323, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Dolphins are 1-4, with their 1 win coming against the Winless Cleveland Browns, a game we should have lost. Just had one of the worst offensive games ive ever seen us have against the Bungles, and played just as bad against the Titans. Season looked all but over. Fast Forward, Week 17, yep, we are playing a meaningless game 17, but for all different reasons. I mean honestly, can anyone tell me the last time we secured a playoff spot going into the final week of the regular season? This feels different from 2008 because this was not smoke and mirrors. We had years in the past where I could say "Same Old Dolphins would have lost there" but then the games came where we were back to the "Same Old Dolphins" but this year, I was waiting for it, I was waiting for the "Same Old Dolphins" to show. They almost showed up vs the 49ers, but nope, they never came. Then you expect it when Tannehill got hurt, but still, never showed. The Jet game, Dolphins are down 7-0, Jets about to get another score, there they are, Old Dolphins are here, nope, that was Cam Wake with the strip sack, no "Same old Dolphins" there. Then they showed up, well at least I thought I saw them. Dolphins up 14 points to the Bills, and then Buffalo scores with 1:20 seconds left. I just sat at the Sports Book at Sunset Station, numb. This is how the Miami Dolphins seasons ends, "Same Old Dolphins" here, but then, something special happens, and I don't know what it was, but the "Same Old Dolphins" just vanished. I still don't know how they done it, and I am afraid to rewatch the highlights, because I don't know if they still win if I do, but some how the 2016 Miami Dolphins won 10 games. This season is something special, and a season I will never forget. Win or lose round 1 of the playoffs, I am proud of this team, and optimistic for the future. Gase has done a hell of a job, and I think has changed the culture of this team. I am also thankful that it took Ross so long to fire Philbin, because if he did it a year sooner, we don't have Gase, and we don't have the 2016 season!

RGF, SICK, Mexphin and 13 others like this.
  2. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Call me crazy, but I don't think the team is looking at the Pats as though it's meaningless.

Time to send a message!

3. The only game they dodnt show up for was baltimore
    I was dosappoimted in that performance but other than that the second half of the season has been really great to watch.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    I am guessing Gase doesn't change a thing and won't rest any players. Heck, he only gave them Christmas off and they are back to work today. One week at a time and every game we play to win. Those that can play will, and those that can't, next man up. :-) Of course, I could be totally wrong, but I am banking on us sticking with the formula that has won us 9 out of the last 10. Whoooo hooooo! In the playoffs, baby!!!!!!!

dolphin25 and SargeZ33 like this.
  5. SargeZ33

SargeZ33 Semperfi!

Jul 24, 2009
    Fleming Island ,FL
    I think they step on the accelerator this week to get ready for the playoff push. They need to stay focused, but may rest some of the hurt starters. #nextmanup

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  6. Runnincm

Runnincm Active Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not meaningless. If they beat the pats and the raiders win it makes it more likely to face the carrless raiders in the second round.

7. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    to show how bad they played at the start, 3 of their losses are to teams not even in the playoffs. They have come a long way

8. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014

Rocky Raccoon, Surfs Up 99 and Fin D like this.
  9. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Now, there's a guy I would like to see choke on some crow!

10. Galant

Apr 22, 2014
    Man the Dolphins are active on Twitter right now - ever since the Chiefs game - here's another:

11. Galant

Apr 22, 2014

Sleepy likes this.
  12. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Listen I'm happy as a pig in mud however I'm also realistic. I personally don't believe this team is built to win in the playoffs against good consistent teams. I'm not trying to be a downer at all love that we're in but our defense is suspect and our offense with Moore has become predictable. 1,2 run 3rd pass. Hope we get a 5th seed as I don't like the steelers matchup in Pittssburg.

13. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Well, we did beat them in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago as well as at home this year. In reality, our defense really is not good now, too many injuries everywhere except the line itself and we were weak at linebacker before the season ever started. It takes solid defense to win in the playoffs. It's all good though, we're playing with house money at this point and win loose or draw I am thrilled with how the season went down and excited for guys like Cameron Wake who have deserved this chance for so long. So while I am not asking for or expecting much this year, the expectation level for next year is much higher.

GO DOLPHINS!!!

14. Runnincm

Runnincm Active Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Everybody expected the team to get blown out in 2008 because of how weak the Dolphins schedule was that year, well guess what the schedule is as weak or weaker this year. The dolphins are 1-4 against teams .500 or better and in 2008 they were 4-5. But who cares if you are called the weakest Super Bowl champion of all time, as long as you are called Super Bowl champion. If the stars align who knows.

15. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    It still comes down to making plays. If we can make plays in the playoffs, we win. This team is very resilient. Guys have played with injuries, we have made incredible jaw dropping plays ever since the Tennessee loss. I don't doubt this teams resilience any more. They are an underdog at this point, but they have also made enough noise to prove that they are not to be effed with. I don't think the season is over. They have given my nerves fits, but from last second 55 yard field goals to Kiki Alonso pic sixes, stopping Crappernik at the goal line, Drake with a kickoff return to win....Dramatic fashion my peeps! Last second 12th round kos over a Rams team that dubbed us for 50 minutes is enough to convince me.
    This has been a great year. Yo....that Rams game...I know...bad team...blah blah, they were beating the living crappie out of us bully style, and we came back and won. That game did it for me.
    I know...I'm all over the place with this.