1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyson Clabo?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/04/falcons-will-release-tyson-clabo/

MrClean likes this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Curious as to why they would let 2 of their 3 best OT's walk in one season.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

3. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    no clue who he is, but I like how his longevity sounds.

4. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    he is very good in the running game but more of a man/power guy

5. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Man power, you say?....

6. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    yep

7. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Funny story about him.

A few years ago Miami opened the season in Atlanta (we don't need to rehash the results of that game). I am talking with this guy at a work conference and he is telling me that Clabo is his best friend and is telling me all kinds of stories, this and that. He tells me to let him know if I ever need a ticket to a Falcons game and he will hook me up. He said that Clabo leaves tickets for him but he can never go.

So a few months go by and the new schedule comes out showing Miami @ Atlanta to open the season. I contact this guy and he puts the wheels in motion. Week of the game I still haven't heard back and then he tells me to just go up to will call and they will be there (2 tickets).

On gameday I get to the window and nothing is there. They message down to the locker room, tell me to wait over to the side, and about 10 min later the tickets appear. Boom...he came through.

So I took a buddy of mine who is a Falcons fan and I am there in my Dolphins polo. I told this guy that I am a die hard Dolphins fan, told him I would be respectful, but I guess he forgot that. We sit down in the seats and this cute girl sits next to me. She asks if I am friends with so and so, I say yes and she introduces herself as Clabo's girlfriend. She introduces me to her mother, etc. She was very nice, we talked a lot during the game and I never once was obnoxious in my cheering on my Dolphins. Not like there was much to cheer about that day anyway.

So that Monday the guy who hooked me up with the tickets called me and blasted me for being a Dolphins fan. "Do you know how embarrassing that was for me to send a Dolphins fan into the Falcons family section". Stuff like that. Apparently Clabo looked up in the stands during the game and saw me sitting next to his girl with a Dolphins polo on. :yes: It got him so angry that he sent his boy a message at halftime blasting him for it. His girl told Clabo how nice I was, so on and so forth, but Clabo was hearing none of it. I was told I can never use those tickets again. :lol:

Oh well.

MonstBlitz, HULKFish, CD13 and 22 others like this.
  8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    They want $$$ to sign Ryan.

9. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    They need that, but they have bigger issues right now.

The Falcons going into this week were only $1.7 million under the cap. It is going to take $3-4 million in cap space for them to sign their rookies. Restructures and cuts were going to come and Clabo was the first.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  10. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Tyson Clabo I think would be a pretty good fit, and is a quality enough player to maybe leverage Eric Winston.

The Falcons are a mixed man/zone team, and he's a guy that Shanahan signed originally as an UDFA and later brought back on the Broncos.

azfinfanmang and Alex13 like this.
  11. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I think of this as leverage against Eric Winston, who will probably sign with a team after the draft. Rosenhaus is saying that the Eagles, Chargers, Jaguars and Cowboys have shown interest in Winston but that he hopes to land him with the Dolphins. The interesting name among them is the Cowboys as they have Doug Free and Tyron Smith. If the Cowboys land Winston, I presume they may release Doug Free.

Would be well to remember that Jeff Ireland drafted Doug Free in 2007. According to PFF's ratings, he was a quality right tackle in 2009, a really high quality left tackle in 2010, a mediocre left tackle in 2011 opposite Tyron Smith at right tackle, and in 2012 when they flipped Smith and Free to where Free played right tackle again, he was poor especially at the beginning of the year. But in the final 3 games of 2012 at right tackle he only allowed 1 pressure on the quarterback. Maybe took him a while to get back into the swing of things at right tackle? Who knows.

12. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    That's hilarious. I was at that game too. Very disappointing drive back to NC.

13. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

Having another veteran RT on the market can do nothing but help the Phins whether they end up signing Clabo, use the situation to leverage Winston or start dominoes dropping to get another RT who fits our system. This helps us I am sure!

14. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    The strong tackle class is affecting right tackles right now. Sebastian Vollmer had to settle for a cheap deal. Eric Winston gets unceremoniously cut by the Chiefs and now he's being squeezed by the market. Tyson Clabo now getting cut. The Cowboys' interest in Winston tells me something could easily be brewing between them and Doug Free.

The market is acting as if they know there will be cheap and easy immediate starters at right tackle in the draft. Which is true. Between D.J. Fluker, Menelik Watson, Kyle Long, Brennan Williams...perhaps David Bakhtiari, Justin Pugh, Xavier Nixon...maybe Dallas Thomas and Chris Faulk...maybe Reid Fragel...lot of options at right tackle.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  15. Ohiophinphan

Ohiophinphan Chaplain Staff Member Luxury Box

and of course Free has connections to Ireland through their time together in Dallas so that could end up impacting the Phins

16. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don't see the point. Martin is already probably the RT. Clabo may be better than him however. I just don't see much sense in signing another RT. Unless someone has seen something in Martin that means he's improved at least tens tims over what he was to be an LT, I see us likely drafting an LT with our first rounder, or likely moving up to do so.

17. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    That weekend was supposed to be a double dip for me. I was supposed to be at the Georgia-SC game on Saturday but ended up not being able to get out of a work retreat in Blue Ridge. It was a nice weekend in the mountains and I got to watch the Dawgs win on TV, but I should have been at that game. I then left at the crack of dawn, drove into ATL, picked up my friend and we went down to the dome.

After the game I then had to make the drive back to Savannah and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

18. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    If it prevents us from burning our first rounder on a tackle, then I'm all for signing him.

19. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Did you try it on? You did didnt you? Get in!! :-)
    P.s Great story Cane. You mix in good circles bud. ;-)

20. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Did I try what on? Clabo's girl? No.

21. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Cano. I was joking! ive missed the boat on my psycho evaluation.

22. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The thought right now is that RT will be addressed through FA if the Lane Johnson move falls through.

23. mnfinfan

mnfinfan Active Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    Grand Cayman and Minnesota
    Well just think that if Clabo does move to MIA you might be able to get access to the tickets again! You could go fully dressed as Fin Fan!

24. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    I'd sign him, he's way better than what we got.

25. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    LOL. I might need to try and revisit it.

26. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    See, nice gets you nowhere. Should'a offered her a hot dog at halftime, Bachelor Party style.

27. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

The Cowboys are going to have to do some SERIOUS re-structing to even think about bringing a guy like that in. Before the Romo restructure, they were approx 140,000 under the Cap. They are still paying for the little misfortune they caused last year..them and the Deadskins that is....

I don't know where they are cap wise now, but I can't imagine they have any wiggle room if they want to actually be able to sign their draft picks.

28. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    Was this the '92 season?

[​IMG]

Da 'Fins likes this.
  29. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Absolutely no reason they can't find a quality tackle to fill the need in FA. Drafting a tackle at 12 would be a serious misuse of resources.

Wayne Kjelsrud likes this.
  30. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I would love this signing... As long as it means we draft Austin.

Wayne Kjelsrud likes this.
  31. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!

"Is this a foot long?"
    "Yes, and then some."
    :shifty:

ToddPhin likes this.
  32. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    True but a guy like Menelik Watson as a RT would be a heck of a fit.

33. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't think anyone can justify the idea that offensive linemen aren't worth a high pick.

ATLFINFAN likes this.