1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC Fans- Gustafsson vs Johnson Tonight! 1/24/15

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by shamegame13, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    No doubt. JJ is a freak and technical and unorthodox all wrapped into one. Its scary how good he is.

shamegame13 likes this.
  2. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    I would hate to be across the cage from JJ lol for all the reasons you just stated, the guy has legit gameplans and you never know which one he will bring... He could switch gameplan mid-fight too(his unorthodox side), throwing you for a total loop.

3. jaymoney

jaymoney it's magic baby

Mar 15, 2013
    Wow. So Anthony Johnson is going to fight against Jon Jones. This is going to be a good match.

shamegame13 likes this.
  4. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    I think so. Rumble is bringing something different then what Gus and Cormier brought to Jones, and that's a relentless, hard hitting style and some mean kicks he didn't really get to demonstrate tonight. Cormier didn't attack Jones the way he should of, although he landed a few nice shots in first 3 rounds and Gus fought well for points against Jones, I expect Rumble to attack Jones the way he has been attacking. This was a good fight to see where Rumble stood in UFC world with a good opponent that has similar length to JJ and he dominated Gus tonight.

I think Rumble might have the blue print to beat Jones and that is to keep attacking and take shots in return but keep attacking, it might throw JJ off his game like it did Gus tonight.

jaymoney likes this.
  5. jaymoney

jaymoney it's magic baby

Mar 15, 2013
    Yup :) he is going to be another big challenger for Jones.
    My early biggest concern about Anthony Johnson is "stamina" and "mentality". The best senario for Anthony Johnson is finish him early, like what he did to Gustafsson. If not, im sure it's gonna be a long night for Rumble.

shamegame13 likes this.
  6. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    We are in agreement, that's exactly what he has to do... Good thing for Rumble is he has been showing some good KO power through kicks and punches. Stamina is definitely something he has to worry about, I do like his mentality though.

However, I still think JJ wins, only a stooge would bet against perhaps the greatest of all time. Lol

jaymoney likes this.
  7. JasonNorin

JasonNorin New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Must have been really hard for Gus to suck it up - getting beat up in front of your own crowd.. Much respect for him, though and I am sure he will bounce back. JJ should watch out from this point on as Rumble will surely be at his peak once they fight.

shamegame13 likes this.
  8. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Your not lying. Rumble is on an absolute tear.

Two fights I absolutely cannot wait for is: Aldo vs McGregor and Jones vs Johnson. Should be two great fights right there.

9. JasonNorin

JasonNorin New Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Dude, I can't wait for that fight too. It's time for McGregor to prove that he can indeed walk the talk. As per JJ and rumble, it will surely be a clear display of brute force versus talent. I am more interested in any of those fights than Mayweather - Pacman megafight.

shamegame13 likes this.
  10. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    UFC>>>>>> Pro Boxing.. IMO and it isn't even close

Me and my friends always go at it in this argument but MMA is more of a ''man's/gladiator/warrior'' sport whereas Boxing seems to be just a bunch of wannabe tough guys dancing around a ring with gloves on. I guarantee most, if not all Boxers would get destroyed in an octagon where you can swing all 4 limbs, knees and elbows included and choke people out. (MMA Fighters are more advanced 'FIGHTERS' then Boxers. So if a MMA Fighter and a Boxer met up in an alleyway, put your money on the guy who knows many techniques to fighting instead of the guy who can throw a nice jab)

Going back to the fights, both those UFC fights are bigger then the Mayweather-Pacquiao IMO. But, the Mayweather vs Pac will draw more money and revenue. But when it comes down to it, that was the only fight I have wanted to see for the last 6-7 years and we are finally getting it.(6-7 years after when it was supposed to go down)

UFC still takes the cake in my own personal opinion.