1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC: Lesnar vs Overeem; Henderson vs Guida co-headlining FOX

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Muck, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    The UFC has finally signed Alistair Overeem. And he'll make his debut against Brock Lesnar on Dec. 30, Brock's first fight in 14 months.

Two huge, athletic heavyweights. Sexy. The winner gets the winner of Cain and dos Santos for the title.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/09/brock-lesnar-vs-alistair-overeem-ufc.html

Yahoo is also reporting the UFC is putting Ben Henderson with Clay Guida as the co-headliner for the heavyweight title show on FOX.

http://twitter.com/#!/KevinI/status/111165301558751232

As usual, the UFC makes the fights their fans want to see. They're setting up their introduction to the masses perfectly. The FOX card is going to be insane. And it'll well before the Pacquiao-Marquez fight.

alen1, Tpaddle and BigDogsHunt like this.
  2. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Shweet.
    I really do not know what to expect from Ubereem. I am definitively in the "Reem is a ****ing juicer" Camp, but Im not hating, just pointing it out. The fact that he got huge in no time, and the fact that he trains with Golden Glory in Netherlands who has...uhh....a track record in that department.
    I mean, really....
    Overeem-Timeline (1).jpg

'Reem it a VERY entertainer fighter, with a TON of experience who has been on a can smashing tour ever since PRIDE folded. I have seen about 10 if his fights, and I do not recall any sort of ground game, so it will be interesting to see how he will deal with Brock. I don't think he has lost a fight since Sergei made him looks silly in Japan.

One thing 'Reem does know how to do however, is to throw a punch, and Brock sure as hell can't take one. And no, curling up and laying there while your opponent literally tires himself out from punching you in the face is not knowing how to take a punch.

This one can go either way, depending on which fighters will show up. What shape will Brock be in? Id imagine that he will be in great shape, being a wrestler and all. What bout Reem? It's exciting IMO, Alistair has a chance to legitly put himself on the top 5 of HW in the world (he is now, according to some) if he smashes Brock. Just don't expect Brock to lay down and give though.