1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFC: Lyoto Machida would beat Anderson Silva in less than two full rounds.

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by CashInFist, Aug 25, 2009.

UFC: Who wins? Lyoto Machida vs Anderson Silva?

1. Lyoto Machida wins.

36.4%
  2. Anderson Silva Wins.

59.1%
  3. What is UFC?

4.5%
  1. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Anyone disagree with this?

One of my best friends and I have a $50 bet on a Lyoto Machida vs Anderson Silva fight, if Silva gains 10 more pounds or so and steps up.

I think it is inevitable that this fight will happen, but they are both very good friends and training partners. I told my buddy that AS would NEVER get Machida in that patented head-lock knee-stomping hold he mastered...NOT EVER. :lol:

You can't hit the guy!

Do you all think this fight will ever happen? And if it does who do you think would win?

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i would bet silva all day long

3. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Lorena Bobbit could teach them both a thing or two.

4. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I understand your point of view...but have you ever seen Lyoto Machida fight?

5. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    There are plenty of MMA fans here and plenty of threads about the UFC in the Other Sports Forum (where this one is headed). I think Sick's opinion will be shared by many. :up:

CashInFist and SICK like this.
  6. TrueDolFan

TrueDolFan Minion of Satan

Jun 17, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    My money would be on Machida.

But, we're never going to see this fight. Too bad, 'cause it'd be one of the greatest matchups in MMA history.

CashInFist likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Anderson Silva. Machida is great, he hardly gets touched. But, Silva will be too much for him, IMO.

CashInFist likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    sure. silva is a whole 'nother level imo.

silva absolutely demolished the former light heavy weight champion in seconds......

he has insanely accurate punching, deadly submissions, and is extremely well rounded. machida is awesome. but if i put money on that fight.....i put my entire pay check on silva.

CashInFist likes this.
  9. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    lyoto did destroy the guy who destroyed forrest too. a decision wouldn't surprise me. if they fought 3 times, each guy would walk away with a win probably.

CashInFist likes this.
  10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    while i do agree, rashad atleast looked like he could compete......and they are the same weight class......silva moved up and destroyed forrest

11. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I got Machida all day, But I doubt we ever see this. They train together and are good friends that don't wanna fight each other.

Talk of a Silva v.s. Frank Mir fight tho. UFC also have talked about Silva v.s. GSP

CashInFist likes this.
  12. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I don't know how you can pick a winner.

Both are extremely accurate strikers and have shown serious power in those shots. Both take very little damage. Both are black belts in multiple disciplines.

Both are at the top of their game. And both are head and shoulders above everyone else in both divisions.

One difference being that Machida has never lost. Even as Silva continued getting better, he lost some fights. It happens. Machida is still getting better yet has still never lost. Not really a factor, just trying to find something.

It would be the fight of all fights. And we'll probably never see it. Neither man wants it, even though the UFC doesn't give a crap about what they want. :lol:

If the fight ever took place, I wonder if either man would throw a punch! They both tend to hang back and counter and not take damage. While each has shown the ability to devastate with his hands, it's hard to imagine either guy being knocked out. Even by the other.

Realistically, they are very similar fighters. And that doesn't always make for great fights. But everybody in the world would pay double for the privilege. :)

CashInFist and SICK like this.
  13. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia

I am going to take this even one step farther and that is that Lyoto Machida has NEVER LOST A ROUND! Not one round...EVER. :lol:

14. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    A accidently picked "What is UFC?"

I think Silva will though.

CashInFist likes this.