1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNC's Lawson Hit With DUI

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by alen1, Jun 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson was charged with driving while impaired after a traffic stop in downtown Chapel Hill.
    Lawson was stopped early Friday morning because of the loud music coming from the car, which led to a failed field sobriety test. Lawson also was charged with violating the city's noise ordinance and driving with a suspended or revoked license, police said. This will probably be enough to scare the Pacers away from the talented point guard, as they try to improve their public image. Jun. 6 - 12:02 pm et

Rotoworld.com

It states "driving while impaired", isn't that then a DWI? Or is it the same thing?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Another arrest.

Rotoworld.com

We should have a NBA thread where we could just post news.

3. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    damn, thats horrible timing for him..he was one of my favorite players in college, and unc was such a different team with him...i hope this doesn't hurt his stock too much...

4. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    i am a Tarheel fan and a fan of his too, but i take a 180 degree opposite view. i absolutely hope it does hurt his draft day stock a bit and cost him some coin in a lowered draft position.

he will still be a very rich guy when all is said and done, but maybe he will learn from this and not do it again. thankfully, he was lucky and didn't hurt anyone else.

a little lesson in self-responsibility and the consequences of his actions before becoming a multimillionairre is a good thing.