1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undrafted DE Derrick Shelby on cusp of making Miami Dolphins roster

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/16/2953758/undrafted-de-derrick-shelby-on.html

Of the 16 undrafted college free agents the Dolphins signed in May, just two others are listed as high as the second team.
    “I think he plays relatively quick,” Philbin said. “I think he’s coachable. … He’s obviously got a learning curve as a young player, [but] I think he gets it. He’s a quick study.”
    Shelby’s agent, David Canter, said that what has him most convinced that Shelby is close to making the team is the large amount of attention the rookie has been getting recently.
    “There’s been sort of a shift away from when he was first here and the coaches didn’t really talk to him much, didn’t really work with him much,” Canter said.
    “Now, it seems like they’re on him. Any little mistake he makes, they’re yelling at him. Any tweak in his game, they’re fine-tuning. I think that reflects their belief that he may end up making this 53-man [roster] and be in the rotation,” he said.
    For his part, Shelby said he is ignoring this good buzz and did not even admit to hearing it.
    “I’m not here to get press and be mentioned by coaches: I’m here to play football,” Shelby said.

I am really pulling for him to make the roster.:up:

xphinfanx and evz like this.
  2. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    He's been playing well and applying some pressure. Looking forward to watching him play against ATL.

3. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    He shows signs of being disruptive. This is what you want to see from a DL.

4. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    I like his reply to the press.