1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhappy CB Sheppard skipping Eagles' voluntary workouts

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Regan21286, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3424426

Man, if he's forced to stay with Eagles, they've got the best CB crew hands down. 3 potential Pro Bowlers. Any one of them would be our instant #1 CB so I'm hoping someone gets pushed out and we can take advantage of it regardless of Will Allen's status.

alen1 likes this.
  2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wish there was a way to tell if a player would stay healthy in the future because if he did, I would take him in a heartbeat. I would take him now too but not if their price is steep.

3. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Three? Who's the third? I count Samuel (Pro Bowler by popularity) and Sheppard (Pro Bowler by talent.)

Will Allen is an ideal #2, not a #1, so regardless of what happens with Allen we should seriously hope that Sheppard gets cut, or the fact that it's now after June 1 will make a Jason Taylor/Lito Sheppard trade easier to facilitate. If the Eagles wanted Sheppard, they wouldn't have paid out the nose for Samuel. And much like JT, the Eagles haven't found a trade partner for Sheppard. I think we should agree to take each other's trash; the Eagles need a pass rush in that division, and we need a cornerback desperately.

Even if Sheppard gets hurt and only plays, say, 13 games, that's still 13 games of corner play we wouldn't get out of, say, Michael Lehan. A CB tandem of Will Allen as the #2 and Sheppard as the #1 would actually be respectable.

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I consider Sheldon Brown on the cusp of being a Pro Bowler. Certainly has the talent. Which is why I said potential Pro Bowlers.

A CB tandem of Sheppard and Allen would bump us easily in the upper half of the league, provided both are healthy and play. And maybe even top 5 in the AFC. Wouldn't want it to be Taylor sent but it's better than nothing.