1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on my team - The Hawks

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SCall13, Sep 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Well, some of you will be interested, some not so interested, but I thought I'd give a report on my team thus far. We are 2-0. We squeaked out a 7-0 win in our first week in a GREAT defensive game. (Our blocking was atrocious in this game so we really worked the linemen's butts off following that game.) The second game we won 28-0 and played mostly 2nd and 3rd team in the second half. So, we have yet to be scored on this year. I'm proud of my team, so I'm gonna brag on them throughout the season. We have a tough team coming up this Saturday, but I feel like we will win the game. (But I NEVER ASSUME anything) We are a small team in stature, but very quick and we swarm to the ball defensively. Our blocking scheme, which has improved vastly since our first game, really plays to our strength: QUICKNESS. We use angle blocking (or track blocking) on the play side with a pulling guard coming off the play side to kick out the DE. We use inside traps for off tackle plays and also tight plays depending upon what front we are facing. If we face a 6-2 or 5-3, we can really blow open some holes with the traps and great lead blocking from our FB or whomever it may be.

Our passing game is really above the level you'd expect from 7-8 year olds. My son is the QB and has been taught QB since he was old enough to hold a football. Not to brag on my own son (I'd brag on anyone in this position) but he has exceptional accuracy, poise and great zip on the ball. Future Miami Dolphins QB BABY!

Wish us luck as we continue our quest for the undefeated season. But more importantly that they learn the values of responsibility, team work, self discipline, good sportsmanship, and the values of every day life.

Thanks for taking the time in reading this. I'll have some photos up soon for you guys.