1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Updated] Dolphins trading for Reggie Bush | Agrees to 2-yr deal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by tkdzak90, Jul 28, 2011.

1. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Bess had some ninja like movements in the open field last year. The TD during the Steelers game comes to mind.

But on third down it would be nice to have Marshall, Bess, Hartline and Bush going out for a pass.

2. C-HUCKS1

C-HUCKS1 New Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Just don't ever let Pouncey snap the ball in the shotgun formation. Did the Miami coaches watch any of the Gator games last year, where the guy was the reason for multiple turnovers. Pouncey could turn out to be the worst 1st round pick in Dolphins history.

3. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Uhhh...... it sounds a little scary when you say it that way, Alen.

[​IMG]

4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    We didn't have anybody with the speed to run outside unless you count Sheets or UDFA Grigsby so I agree that he is an upgrade. IMO Bush's impact will be his ability to make defenses cover more of the field rather than his actual production.

Frayser, djphinfan and ToddsPhins like this.
  5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

[​IMG]

6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    That's kind of a myth. When you look at the actual snaps, Mike Pouncey had about as many poor snaps as his brother did the year before (less IIRC). The difference was that Tebow caught them and Brantley couldn't. Maurkice Pouncey was fine in Pitt last year.

7. The Buzz Kill

The Buzz Kill J-E-T-S suck! suck! suck!

Jul 28, 2011
    New Haven, CT.
    Completely agree. I'm just praying they finalize a deal with Orton, good to see them not putting their faith in Henne.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  8. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Green has nothing on Bosa or Kumerow!

CWBIII likes this.
  9. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

That would be a good guess:up:

10. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't see Orton as much of an upgrade. I watched him in Chicago and Denver and the difference was the offensive system and play calling. Orton was given easier decisions and easier passes. When he was in Chicago his system looked like Miami's and he looked like Henne. Actually, I thought Henne looked a little better than Chicago Orton. I believe that you put Henne in Denver's system and he would produce as well as Orton did. Conversely, if you put Orton into Miami's offense from last season, he would do no better than Henne did. In the end, I don't see either guy as the answer. The important part is that we don't trade away picks in the first three rounds so that if the opportunity is there we have the ammo to move up for a QB that may be the answer.

Pandarilla, dolfan22, resnor and 2 others like this.
  11. Samphin

Did Green even play a regular season down with us?

12. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Seems like Thomas & Lex will be our pounders with Reggie as COP (and Nic Grigsby & Sheets battling it our for backup COP).

I can totally live with that. Big difference compared to 2010.
    Add in Pouncey & a healthy Oline and I'm liking our ground potential.
    This should ease our QB's burden a bit.

13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    you don't know that Ven..Its quite ridiculous actually when you just drafted a 230lb talented rookie who led the big 12 in rushing 2 years strait..Hes gonna play his diverse role and return our punts.

14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Played in 8 games and even started 1 in 1999.

15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

0 + 0.1 = More than zero

16. The Buzz Kill

The Buzz Kill J-E-T-S suck! suck! suck!

Jul 28, 2011
    New Haven, CT.
    You definitely sound like you know your stuff. You think Orton coming to Miami is a definite? I am just now getting back into football, been a long time. I've seen Orton play, but nothing negative or positive sticks out in my memory... I just know our QB situation is horrible.

17. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    It's pretty much what Lombardi tweeted. Take it up with him :)

18. Samphin

Christ, you are a wet towel...

You totally missed the joke/point of that.

19. dolfan22

Agreed , plus whether we like it or not the marquee value comes into play for a team chasing media s*uts like NE and NYJ and for a team that won one home game last year.

For the price I don't see how we would not make this deal , and this something I foretold many many months ago . Didn't say we had to do it or even if I would , just that the writing was on the wall for an entertainment personality to make his way to South Beach , and apparently he has...

20. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I have been in and around football a long time, but anybody can sound like they know their stuff on the internet, LOL.

As for our QB situation, I've never been a Henne fan, but I don't think he's horrible either. I think Henning put him in a no-win situation last year. I would love to upgrade Henne, but I don't see anything worth trading for out there. I think Daboll is the key. I think a good OC can make Henne look as good as Orton did last year. That would be a good but not great QB. With a good running game and a good defense that's probably enough to get you a playoff berth.

Frayser and resnor like this.
  21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    understatement of the year when you have him replacing Patrick cobbs role, or any of our backs that sludged their way thru pass patters out of the backfield..How bout the upgrade heprovides over Bess in returns..

This skillset is a big addition to our team considering how weak we were last year in those depts.

resnor, Section126 and dolfan22 like this.
  22. dolfan22

Lots of guys left that would impact this positively , Olsen certainly is one of them but there are LOTS left.

Also don't forget , there will be real bargains left after the initial rush and some teams won't be able to manouver money or the cap to take advantage .

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    he hasn't a clue, but if you take his word as whats goin down, thats silly.

24. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    No I didn't, I just didn't find it funny. :tongue2:

Samphin likes this.
  25. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    Whatever makes you happy, my friend.

26. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    Basically they are playing to Captain Check Down's (aka Henne) strengths. At least when he checks it down it will be to a player who is better in space than we have had before.

Don't kill me it was a joke. :tongue2:

27. dolfan22

I like hardwood over carpet personally ...

28. dolfan22

It would be like we were on a level playing field , wouldn't it !

29. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Business as usual for liberals at this board if Reggie doesn't play well. :wink2:

30. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    WTF does our team sucking AGAIN have to do with politics?

MrClean likes this.
  31. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    For the love of god... how do we not know what the compensation is yet?!?

ToddsPhins and Stitches like this.
  32. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  33. dolfan22

34. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    A better OC and ground game would go a long way towards easing the QB burden. IMO Henne made just as many plays and fewer poor decisions as Sanchez did last year. And I thought our defense was playing better than the Jet's D the second half of the season. The difference between 7-9 and and an AFC championship was poor STs and a poor running game. I blame the STs meltdown on the coaching and the roster churning. I blame the poor running game on the Grove injury and the OC. Henning is gone and Pouncey just became a little more important with the addition of Haynesworth to NE.

djphinfan, GMJohnson and ToddsPhins like this.
  35. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    I have a feeling that once you do know, you'll want to unknow it again.

FinNasty and Stitches like this.
  36. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I don't agree. Bosa got on the field long enough to show before he tore up his knee that he was a 1st round quality player. Kumerow played a little as a rookie, but he was meant to be a 4-3 right end, and not a 3-4 anything, so he struggled. Still in a handful of games, Kumerow should some flashes of ability. I think I saw every game Kumerow played for Miami and quite a few of Bosa's games. Green never played a regular season game for Miami. I feel badly for him and Bosa especially. Because both had 1st round talent, but no one can accurately predict injuries. I'm not so sure Eric was a 1st round talent, but for a 3-4 team he definitely wasn't. Word that year was Ditka was targeting Eric for the late 1st round for the Bears but Shula beat him to the punch. Makes sense though, when you figure we later traded him to the Bears for Vestee Jackson.

37. dolfan22

Is that like a chubby? because that is good ! just messin' with you bud , cheers ... a good day to be a dolfan , let's hope this continues.

38. sandcastle

sandcastle Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    I agree. Without an outlet receiver, I believe the QBs looked off intermediate routes too soon in order to make a more accurate throw to a loosely-covered back. If Bush makes outlet passes easier to complete, his stats may remain average while the WRs improve their chunk plays.

Additionally, the WRs are skillful at turning their routes inside so it seems likely that they will take advantage of the disruption caused as defender hauls *** to get to outside to cover Bush. This seems like a good topic for game film gurus to analyze as I assume defenses cover/react to Bush differently then the flat zone that effectively shut down Ronnie, Ricky, or Polite.

39. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

You got me on that one. I remember him playing, but I thought it was only in preseason. Good call.

40. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    To be fair Armondo left out Bess when stating the Marshall was the only player defenses had to account for. But the addition of Bush is a matchup problem so +1 Fins.

ToddsPhins likes this.