1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Updated] Mayweather-Pacquiao set for March 13

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by TiP54, Dec 1, 2009.

1. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    manny is on roids

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    According to Dan Rafael, the Olympic testing stuff is just what SICK said. They can draw blood whenever they want, as often as they want, literally up to fight night and afterward.

What Pacquiao and Roach want specifically is to know when the cutoff date for testing is. 1 day prior, 2 days, whatever. They want to know when it ends.

They're working on a compromise, with independent testers (that the NFL, NBA, etc. use).

I think it's definitely psychological. Some are speculating that is Mayweather's intent. Maybe, but I think it's Sr's baby myself.

Admittedly, I wouldn't like having my blood taken like that either.

SICK likes this.
  3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    In this situation I dont think I would either.

Folks are making it seem that giving blood is a no biggie. However, think about anytime you have given blood yourself, you are monitored, asked to relax and rest, OJ, cookies, etc. Meaning the healthcare industry knows its a risk and something to take seriously.

I think the best answer is an agreed to schedule of the times for any blood test, and nothing 2 or 3 days prior to the fight to let them get the "mind right" and focus.

I dont think Blood Testing is out of the question, but 1 day prior or day of would be extreme for no purpose.

4. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    Why dont they draw at the press conference ( 1mo. prior) and right after the fight? Or does stuff flush out of your system that fast.

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    He's not giving blood at a blood bank bro lol. He's giving a really small vile of it. it's not like Mayweather isn't going to be the subject to the same random drug testing either...

Obviously the Mayweather camp is concerned with steroid usage... Manny has won 7 titles in 7different weight classes. Perhaps he is legit and natural but it's not like we haven't been fooled before.

Hopefully they can come an agreement and the fight moves forward.

6. phin616

phin616 Semper Paratus

Dec 13, 2009
    Nothern Virginia
    the fight will move forward IMO, too much money to be made by all parties. and as far as the blood test, it should happen after the fight. that way we get to watch good boxing and if Manny is juiced at least he gets to walk away with 25mil+ and live happily ever after as the king of the philippines. win win for all involved anyway.

7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    True, but folks react differently to any blood drawing...etc....just saying, if there is a medical reason that it has to be taken the day of the fight, or 1 day prior, etc...I would like to understand it, vs. knowing what is the last reasonable day prior for proper testing to know if someone is juicing and it being recorded in their system, and of course, day after would be fine, etc to confirm as well.

8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    it will move forward. this is just some pre fight trash talking................

9. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    Promoter: Pacquiao-Mayweather fight is dead

Click This

10. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    Fin-Omenal likes this.
  11. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
  12. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is off

Click Here :angry: :pity:

13. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Floyd did not want to fight. plain and simple. i said it as soon as this crap started...

Section126 and Finsanity like this.
  14. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I don't understand why pacman is so against the blood testing. I think you are trying to twist this to fit some notions you have about floyd.

15. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    gayweather didnt want the fight. Pacman willing to negotiate but Floyd didnt budge. Pacman said he lost his fight against Morales because he was weaken by a blood test given close to the fight date.

16. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    and i would have to say pacmans probably full of ****. :lol:
    how is it possible mayweather would be willing to "weaken" himself, but pacman isn't.

17. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Because Pacman is superstitous..and mayweather is a ***** that didn;t want to fight anyway.

Pacman had basically agreed to everything on principle...and Mayweather kept moving the goalposts.

18. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    or pacman is juicing to put on weight............ just saying.

19. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    its ridiculous that Floyd wants this. Floyd never had a problem before with other fighter but with Manny he knows that he will get whooped. We all have had blood drawn and we do feel weak after it. You're lying if you dont agree. Manny said he will take a test now, 30 days before and after the fight. Floyd just doesnt want to fight even with all that money on the table.

20. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    weak enough to put off the fight?
    first im pretty sure I read they wouldn't draw 48 hours before the fight.
    second its not like they'll be drawing blood from just pacman. They would also draw blood from mayweather. So they both would be weaker.
    The whole floyd is scared thing is bunk in my opinion. Both fighters have fought good opponents and lets not forget mayweather fought hatton when he was younger as well as de la hoya.

fyi I agree with this guy I doubt its off:

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/01/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-its-still-not-over

21. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    wonder why he didnt want a de la hoya rematch.

22. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    because he fought ricky hatton instead?? :lol:

23. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Pacquiao agrees to fight Clottey

Top Rank is putting Manny up against Josh Clottey on March 13.

Clottey hasn't agreed to the fight yet. He's in Ghana and might not even know about it.

Clottey is a big boy and a bit dirty to me judging by his fight against Cotto.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4808708

24. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Mayweather is the naturally bigger man. All of the 'concessions' he made weren't really concessions IMO.

Why would they fight at 154? Mayweather only fought there once, for his big payday against the bigger De La Hoya.

Why would they use 10oz gloves? 8 is standard at welterweight.

Both of those things would seem aimed at giving the naturally bigger, faster man an advantage against the smaller but more powerful fighter. And Floyd's the guy that didn't even make the catch weight last time against a smaller fighter (i.e. the $10 million per pound penalty).

So while Floyd 'compromised', he hasn't come off anything his side should have reasonably expected to get.

The drug testing thing is up for debate.

25. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    both of the concessions he gave would be meant to give the bigger fighter an advantage yes. That is giving concessions no? Just because its not the standard wouldn't mean hes not giving something up that could potentially help him in the fight.

26. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    And let's dispel something Mayweather put out there on HBO last month.

One thing he's hanging his hat on is that Pacquiao has been knocked out.

Indeed, Pacquiao got KO'd when he was 17 in the Philippines. Then with a body shot in Thailand at age 20.

It's been 11 years and 35 pounds since Pacquiao's been finished.

27. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    As an outsider (though I root for Pacquiao), it doesn't seem like a concession when the request is unreasonable and/or unprecedented in the grand scheme of things.

Mayweather's faster. Why wouldn't he want the lighter gloves (I know)? He doesn't fight at 154, so why would he want to move up there for this fight? If he's as supreme as he believes, it's not necessary.

I guess I'm looking at the "Mayweather is trying, what has Pacquiao given up?" sentiment that's out there. But the drug testing thing.....I think both sides of the debate have a point. IMO, 30 days might be the standard, but that's also a decent window of opportunity.

28. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I'm watching friday night fights. They are talking about this whole fiasco. They ask Teddy Atlas about it, he says supposedly the pacman camp sent two emails to pretty boy. First one asked what would happen if pacman failed the blood test, second asked if they would keep it under wraps if pacman failed.
    Take it for what its worth.

29. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Mayweather sent me a email saying that he has had chronic diarreah since pacman asked to fight him.

Take it for what it's worth.

Mayweather is a joke.

This goofball had the balls to tell Ring Magazine that Pacman is Ducking him and has ducked him for 3 years. Worst is that he actually believes that.

30. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    not sure why you're coming at me with this I'm just reporting it. Sorry if pacmans your boy. :pointlol:

31. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Not coming at you...lucky.

I am coming back at that ******* Mayweather.

32. Finsanity

Finsanity New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    City of Angels
    here comes the photoshop guys

[​IMG]

I hope the fight happens.

33. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07slx6MsvWs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- ESPN's Teddy Atlas Exposes Manny Pacquiao?[/ame]

unluckyluciano likes this.
  34. Muck

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    If they Mayweather people were willing to go 2 weeks before, that seems plenty reasonable.

And those are some peculiar questions to ask if you're clean.

35. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    How effective is the blood test? How much more effective is it over urine tests?

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4803490

Everybody in the arbitration agreed to this. Only holdout was Mayweather. And if true, that blood tests have never caught any olympic athlete ever, ever, well the demand for such a test is but a ploy. Unless you think of course no olympic player who was blood tested ever had HGH in their system.

36. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    word is mayweather agreed i think to something like 2 weeks before the fight. sorry bro pacman is the holdout in this one. Mayweathers demand may be insulting, but like it or not pacman is the one holding out due to a simple blood test.
    and im sure some have found a way around the olympic blood testing. But what you are arguing is basically that pacman isn't holding out because he's juicing he's holding out for some other nonsensical reason. Thats a lot of tap dancing just to say pacman isn't juicing.

37. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Hope that Mayweather beats the snot out of Pacquiao if they fight.... and that's a big if.

38. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    I have loved Mayweather for most of his career and I have watched all of his fights. However, it's becoming quite clear that he has no interest in fighting any top fighter in their prime or at the height of their abilities. He makes an excuse for any fighter that will actually challenge him and it's becoming very obvious. He wanted to fight Mosley when Shane was in the abyss of his career. Now Mosley is dominating, wants Floyd, but now Floyd says he lost his chance.. Come on man. He fights fighters that are much smaller than he is and over the hill in terms of age. Now when the biggest fight possible in boxing can be made, he has to pull this out and destroy any chances. I always loved Floyd's talent, but I have lost all respect for that man.

39. NYFinFan

NYFinFan Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Long Island, New York
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA-W01zhHbM"]YouTube- Floyd Mayweather Goes CRAZY On The Radio!!! (Part 1)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9e-f8FnEx0&feature=related"]YouTube- Floyd Mayweather Goes CRAZY On The Radio!!! (Part 2)[/ame]

If any of you guys haven't heard this before it was done a few months ago. It isn't suitable for work if cursing offends people :yes:

40. MrPaul13

MrPaul13 Banned

Jan 3, 2010
    The announcer is a moron,Ndou,Manfreddy,Hatton,Gatti,Zab Judah,Baldomir
    I think he's fought the best

unluckyluciano likes this.