1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Mock Draft 4/4/09 - 2 Rounds!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Conuficus, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    BuckeyeKing likes this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Looks great Conu, Kruger over English?

:shifty:

Conuficus likes this.
  3. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

This one made me wonder: The Lions taking Beatty rather than Britton. I'm not a fan of Beatty that early. IMO too much Billy Milner to him. I'd prefer Britton there or Andre Smith, but in real life I'll expect Andre off the board before 20.
    Sean Smith is a solid pick. I wouldn't mind seeing Hood go to us in that scenario. He would upgrade the pass rush at one of the interior spots. Or else, Maualuga, who I don't expect to last that long. As bad as we need corner help though, can't fault the pick of Smith. You got Kruger in the 2nd, so perhaps you could throw McCain into our mix around the 6th round or so. Three Utes? Could happen and wouldn't that be interesting.
    I know you are down on Andre Smith, but I really can't see him lasting into the 2nd round. I think he will go in the top 15 for sure.

Enjoy your mock drafts, as always. :up:

Conuficus likes this.
  4. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Yeah. Have you seen Kruger play? (not meant to be condescending, just asking so I know your reference point) I did again, and I have to wonder if he doesn't beat out my man crush (Sintim) with lateral quickness and English has great hand use, but Kruger's is better and he better fits the archetype height wise,.

5. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I think Andre Smith is a right tackle or guard. He's a good player, but just not a great left tackle IMO. I can understand how people feel that way about him though. But who does he go to? Minny maybe if Britton is gone?

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Wr's free falling a tad IMO but I like it for Miami.

Conuficus likes this.
  7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I like the mock actually... Kruger at 2a makes sense, people compare Barwin to Vrabel, I think Kruger is a better comparison to Vrabel...

Conuficus likes this.
  8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No complaints with the Dolphin's picks, they make sense. A few of the others I don't see happening. I don't see the Raiders taking Crabtree w/o a 40 time. I could see them reaching for Bey though. I don't see the Jets taking Nicks with Freeman still on the board. I also think the Giants go WR. A few picks in the 2nd I might have gone a different way too but I really can't say my reasoning is any more sound. Overall the mock is very good.

Conuficus likes this.
  9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I like him Kruger more than Barwin as an OLB. I know many love Barwin here but Kruger is a dam good player. He does a good job of setting the edge and covers ground quickly when getting to the Quarterbacks and ball carriers. He's a guy that should be talked first round if you have guys like Larry English and Connor Barwin being mentioned there.

Conuficus likes this.
  10. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Thanks, Mayock put you up to that Raf? :lol: He said the same thing. If I mocked that happening, I'd be lynched.

Freeman may make it there, you never know what the Jets will do. They may want to more of a polished quarterback, who knows. It could very well happen there, and if so it certainly would change things.

Who in the second round don't yu like? Just curious.

By the way Mayock has ragged Andre Smith, said he may be a guard and still has him at #6 in his draft. What?

11. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Yeah alen, he's a bit of a dark horse, but is very much an option.

12. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    good **** as always con.

Conuficus likes this.
  13. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I definitely took that from Mayock. Well, really two sources. Lombardi who used to work with Al Davis stressed how much Davis focused and relied on the 40 time. I think that's why Mayock has had the Raiders passing on Crabtree. When Mayock mentioned Bey on the show the other day it just struck me as a Raiders' type pick.

Regarding A. Smith, Mayock says he's trying to predict what the teams will do, not what he thinks they should do.

Mostly shuffling stuff after the differences I had in the first. A few position differences I had were the Seahawks going with English and Delmas dropping to Dallas. There were others of course b/c I had Harvin in the first to the Ravens and Jackson had gone earlier to Denver but w/o posting my whole mock, which I can't yet, it just too many differences to post in one response.

Conuficus likes this.
  14. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Cool. I'd like to see it.

There will always be differences, but as long as the picks can make sense I'm happy with it.

Harvin I see as a luxury pick for someone. He has not real position and is incredibly raw at the one he projects to. That's why I have him dropping a bit.

15. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

2 players from Utah, Con? Are you on their payroll? :wink2:

Good stuff all around. :up:

Conuficus likes this.
  16. MrClean

IMO, the main reason they make that comparison is because of the TE two way connection. As just for how they play LB, I agree with you.

Paul 13 likes this.
  17. MrClean

Back about a month ago, Lombardi was on NFLN and saying he knew Al Davis and swearing for sure that Al would be taking a lineman at #7. Could be OL or could be DL, but it would be a lineman

18. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I saw that too.

There is always a bit of "wow" stuff on TV. Gotta make it hot.

I'm sure subconsciously I did with this, but I couldn't tell you where if I tried. I try to provide value, even over need as with Jenkins going to Denver over Jackson. Personally I think Jenkins is a better prospect than Jackson, Jenkins is rising on my board (which will be changed over the course tonite and tommorrow).

But regardless, I think one outweighs the other regardless of need. Plus with the way that defense is, I could put an elephant in a too too in there and as long he makes plays who can complain? :lol:

Kruger is a dam pimp by the way, if Sintim and he are there at 44 (which they probably will) then it is a tough choice to make, but a good tough.

19. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Good Stuff I would actually like that mock.

Conuficus likes this.