Updated Rookie Camp Roster by position

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, May 24, 2014.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Rookie Camp Roster by position

QB: Jensen, Chelf, Wolf
    RB: Darkwa, Toussaint, Williams
    TE: Lynch, Hoskins, Hicks, Howard, Ogbuehi
    WR: Landry, Hazel, Wooten, Godfrey, Aiken, McCartney, Van Leeuwen, Smith, Dileo, Valentine
    OL: James, Turner, Larsen, Finkenburg, Wallace, Hurd, Gabriel, Olson, Eger, Philipp, Longo, Gress, Burnette, Ola
    K/P: Fera, Castillo, Rivara; LS Turner

DL: A Johnson, K Johnson, McCain, Fede, Bauer, Black, Henry, Reynolds, Redding, Smith, Mims
    LB: Tripp, Johnson, Thompson, Edwards, Wilson, Eyetsemitin
    DB: Aiken, Belue, Clarke, Fogg, Goins, Green, Washington, Sawyer, Wright, Philips

This is a roster of 66

Bpk, Silverphin, Tone_E and 3 others like this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Man, that's enough to make a minor league roster.

3. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Of the 36 tryout guys it will be interesting to see how many are signed. Looking at this group this is my feeling:

QB: Wolf might have some diversity of position that gives him a chance, but I doubt it.
    RB: Toussaint might have a chance.
    TE: Don't see a tryout making it
    WR: Maybe one of this group. Smith from NcSt. can return kicks
    OL: Olson, Eger, and Longo seem to have the best chance of this group.
    K/P: Fera may have a great shot
    DL: Of this group Reynolds is a big guy who was miscast by the Saints as a OL. I think he has a shot.
    LB: Don't laugh, but Eyetsemitin did real well at special teams.
    DB: Fogg, Washington, Sawyer, and Philips might have shots with this group. Fogg is an excellent returner. Sawyer was among the best in the SEC two years ago.

I see as many as 4 getting a shot. My guess? Fera, Toussaint, Olson, Fogg

4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I hope we sign Longo after this weekend. It would be cool to see Eyetsemitin signed too. Talk about an obscure prospect. NFL Draft Scout has something like 900 draftable players per year on their site, yet had nothing on this guy. Then just watching his highlight video, he shows some good things. It is a highlight video though.

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Always feel bad for these guys. Young guys with hopes, dreams and sometimes pressure to make it happen… yet the majority won't make it.

6. Just curious if there is a limit to how many guys a team can bring in and still be able to get a good evaluation. I guess it boils down to how many reps a coach needs to see and how much camp time you have to decide.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

7. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I can see up 5 guys signed. Longo looks good in video Mr. Clean provided. He is big and strong. The kid from Penn could surprise. He blocked a punt in one of his highlight videos. I still think they look at Fera. And I think maybe a defensive back gets signed. Lastly, I wonder about the kid from Michigan at rb, Toussaint. Think about it. A Orleans Darkwa and Fitz Toussaint in the Dolphin backfield. Some people might think the Dolphins are converting to world soccer lol.