1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

US Open

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by smahtaz, Jun 17, 2015.

1. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

Chambers Bay looks like a formidable test.

I'm going with Justin Rose.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    US Open... golf, right?

[​IMG]

unluckyluciano and Fin-Omenal like this.
  3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    First thing that popped into my head was to make a snarky tennis remark, thanks for ruining it.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Always at your service.

5. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    This thread would have about 2 pages of actual golf conversation if Tiger was relevant... now you might see maybe 4 posts..

6. smahtaz

I just love the competition aspect of it. I doubt Tiger makes the cut to be honest.

Paul 13 likes this.
  7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Well, if I were around this weekend, I'd be posting a lot here... My #1 guy is Rory, but I'm not sure how he'll play here... it's a bit unpredictable to be honest. If there's wind blowing (only need to have watched him play at Royal County Down to know he hates the wind), I would doubt he'd be in the top 5. Wouldn't be surprised if he missed the cut. Of course, he could win, and I wouldn't be surprised by that either.

If I were to bet, I'd bet on Dustin Johnson at 18 to 1. He plays well on the west coast... likes these types of courses... has been playing decent since his comeback... and is due to win a big one. Nice long shot bet would be Graeme McDowell at 80 to 1. Especially if the wind kicks up. He's one of the best players in the world on a difficult windy course. Kisner and Hoffman... good long shot bets too. Would expect both of them in the top 15.

EDIT.... checking the weather up there, it looks very mild. High 70s... winds 9 to 12 mph all weekend.

smahtaz likes this.
  8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    pffffffffffft what's next an ice dancing thread?

9. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Not a bad call on Dustin Johnson so far :wink2: Tiger with an 80..:lol: Rory still hasn't figured out his putting woes this season... he's at +2 and tied for 55th. Teeing off in the afternoon tomorrow, not going to be easy as the PM is different from the AM on that course... vastly different. Wouldn't be surprised if Rory failed to make the cut... he has to putt better and the greens on this course are really unforgiving if you are just slightly off, which Rory has been.

smahtaz likes this.
  10. smahtaz

I thought Woods should have signed a bogus score card and called it a week. Apparently his glutes still aren't firing. What a train wreck.

DJ looks strong. I wouldn't count Spieth out just yet either and who the heck is Cody Gribble.

11. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Don't know who Gribble is, but he has a great name. With DJ and Stenson out in front, and Spieth chasing, this could be a great US open. Tiger's group yesterday was just aweful... Ricky Fowler was worse than Tiger. And Oosthuizen was also pathetic, I believe combined they were all +30. They were just laughing as they left the 18th yesterday. Nothing else they could do to respond differently than laugh I guess. Awful golf... expected Ricky and Louis to play better though. I think Ricky's girlfriend and his win at the Players have distracted him :lol: He had finished on the first page of the leaderboard the last four majors till this one.

12. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Finally watched the final round last night... was on vacation so had it on DVR and didn't know the outcome till last night. That was pretty brutal on Dustin eh? Thought for sure it was going 18 hole playoff. That Jason Day stuff was weird... I think most of what he is experiencing with the vertigo is mental because after he was out of contention on Sunday, he seemed to be okay... even smiling on 18. I thought Rory had it in the bag when he sank that 72 foot putt on 14 (?) to go -2. I reckon Spieth was somewhat shocked to win the way he did.