1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA Today: As Drama Builds, Philbin Lightens Up

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

first&goal, smahtaz and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Good to hear the players realize the chance they have to do something special to end the season.

3. rtl1334

rtl1334 New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    I'm on record as saying I think Philbin has the potential to be a special coach. Some who prefer the Bill Cowher "bull in the China Shop" style of coach don't like him but I just see some Bill Walsh and even Bill Belichick in him.

The last three games won't be telling for anybody, it's next season and the following season that will truly tell where this team is at.

rafael likes this.
  4. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    That made me cringe.

5. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Well, they've lost their last seven against the Pats. If anyone deserves a shot at getting into the playoffs, it's Wake.

Not applauding injuries, but the Patriots have some key starters out. This helps Miami. But the Pats being the Pats, they seem to adjust well and work well within their system strategy.

I have the feeling that if Miami loses, the air will have been removed from their sails. Winning will have the team wonting to that feeling, and I think it is 'smooth sailing' from as the year progresses toward the playoffs.....

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I'll say it again, if we make the playoffs?? Joe Philbin should be hands down coach of the year.

Skyfire023 and Colmax like this.
  7. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Good point. I never even considered it, but I think you're onto something....

8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    This team has been given every excuse to lay down, and it hasn't. We have a fantastic HC in Miami.

Skyfire023 likes this.
  9. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Doubtful. They would consider Belichick due to having to deal with a murderous Tight End, an oft-injured Tight End, and a terrible receiving corps that Brady has whipped into shape.

They will consider Andy are is for turning a 2-14 team to the playoffs in his first year in Kansas City.

They will consider Sean Payton for coming back to lead The Saints to possibly the top seed in the NFC.

And they will consider Pete Carroll because, for some reason, people consider Pete Carroll for stuff.

But they will an not consider Joe Philbin. Even if we win out and took Lombardi home, he won't see the top five in votes.

10. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Then the voters are incompetent, because I could build a strong case for Philbin against any of those guys.

11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wake's first yr here we were in a similar position otherwise he's right.

Hate the tone this game is taking though, I'd prefer a bored patriots team to one that will play with a chip on it's shoulder

12. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    Awesome. Thanks for the share.

13. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    It will take a multi-turnover game for Miami to lose IMO.

14. Xiidaen

Xiidaen Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 3, 2007
    I listen to SiriusXM and can tell you he's been in the conversation on several shows. I don't know that he'll win, but more and more I hear respect given for keeping the team focused and competitive...especially after the media backlash that called for his hear over the locker room full of racist bullies.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  15. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    With all due respect bro, you're nuts if you think we take home the Lombardi and he's not even in the top 3 of votes for coach of the year. The adversity and drama cinderella story get the votes themself.

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    what chip is that, home field throughout?

17. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    seems a lot of analysts think we're going to pull it off. Its very rare to see anyone picking us most sundays and yet if you go to nfl.com right now, Tannehill is the first thing you see next to "week 15 picks"

18. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Is that wrong? No disrespect to Philbin, who I really like, but the coaches you've mentioned have certainly earned as much, if not more consideration than Philbin. Belichick is coach of the year as of today and rightfully so. The lack of weapons and defensive injuries hasn't stopped them from taking the #1 seed (as of now) in the AFC. Prior to the season, so many people here were claiming Brady was done, Pats were history, etc... And yet, they stand atop the AFC and control their own destiny for homefield. No one here or elsewhere predicted that. This may change if NE starts to fall apart without Gronk, but you gotta give NE credit. Hopefully we smack them around sunday, get ourselves a w, and they beat up Baltimore for us.

19. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    This has felt like the longest week ever. I'm afraid of the big build up for the typical Dolphins let down. :(