1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USA Today Inside Slant

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Inside Slant - USATODAY.com

Defensively, it's one of the games that you love because it's a great offense," Dolphins inside linebacker Akin Ayodele said. "They've got great athletes and great players with LaDainian with Gates. They've got a very good O-line, and it's similar because they know what kind of defense we run because they run a similar defense. So for us it's going to be mano a mano, pride, your man versus mine and let's see who can whoop up on each other."

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

We just need to keep these two streaks alive:

The Chargers will be out of gas in the 4th Qtr, we won't, they will be messed up from the West Coast-to-East coast thing, oh yes, and Jupiter is in alignment with Orion, or something like that :lol:

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

This game will tell us a lot about whether the team is improving with consistency, or if it'll be two steps forward, one step back for the next year or so.

HULKFish, jason8er and azfinfanmang like this.
  4. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm not sure you can really say that. If the Chargers come in and beat us up, I don't think you can really say we took a step back. You gotta look at the year as a whole once it's over. I still think we'll be a MUCH better team in the second half then we are now, and if that's the case it will be a huge improvement.

I guess what I'm saying is, I can see this team for the next 4-5 weeks being very inconsistent, but should be more consistent and better overall as November and December roll around.

5. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Unfortunately!, I think the latter is true.
    Actually, it almost has to be. Rome wasnt built in one season afterall. Nor did it fall after one championship :hi5:

6. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    we'll see how the game goes. I really think theyre a lot better than NE this year so it should be a good game. I hope we come out on top but we'll see

7. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    We can beat the Chargers.

SICK and padre31 like this.
  8. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    A win, although unlikely, but not impossible would sure speed up the confidence of the players and a huge statement for this team to build off of, buy into the coaching staff philospohy and really make the AFC east intersting.

Its possible, the Chargers can win any week, but they have had trouble with almost every team this year, including the Raiders. I would be really happy with a win, but not overly suprised.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  9. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro if we could take the Pats out big time in there house, why can't we take the Chargers down in our House? We can do this. We will have to be clicking on all cylinders, but there is no reason why we can't rise up to the challenge.:up:

SICK and The Aqua Crush like this.
  10. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, you know John. I would love to believe in that, but this

Sounds too much like this:

:pity:

And I believed that...until 5 minutes were gone in that game. :sad:

11. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    You had to go there and deflate my balloon like that didn't you.:tongue2:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  12. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Next time save all the multiple quotes and writing and just give me one of these :nutkicker: :lol:

orangefinfan and azfinfanmang like this.
  13. azfinfanmang

Nov 23, 2007

Yeah, and I will top it off with a Coors lite :pity:

14. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I didn't say it would be. I am just saying we raised up to that challenge, why can't we do it again? The Chargers have given up 30 points a game except for last week.:wink2:

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    It's...Chambers isn't it Aqua...sometimes..you just have to let go Bro...

We are a young team coming off of a bye week with a big win under our belts, if we take the Chargers, and I think we can, it will due to HC Sparano keeping the youngin's focused on the game.

That and to be honest, our Safeties played much much better then the previous 2 games that gives me some confidence this Sunday.

azfinfanmang and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  16. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Not always but sometime, that quiet confidence, that you know in your heart you can do this thing makes all the difference in the world. I say, we can do this thing!:up:

17. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I love how a statement like that this year i actually have confidence in :up:

Its been a while, but the fact that we can say we can beat the chargers at home and it not be complete homerism, is such a good feeling.

I hope our guys come to play, it could cause a whole world of good domino effect for the rest of the season, young player development, chemistry and once and for all turning this franchise around.

Go Mi-am-i Su-per Dol-phins! Whoo Hoo

18. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal

Yes, we can. But, it will be a tough game for us. We will need to play solid as we did verse the Pats.Eliminate mistakes, have our defense contain their offense, hopefully have alot of 3 and outs.And have our offense play turnover free.

Just hope that when it's all said and done were 2-2.:up:

Dolfan4Life likes this.
  19. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Well, I just don't know if its fair to expect a young team, this early in a rebuild, to consistently deliver great performances.

I hope the Dolphins win Sunday, but don't necessarily expect that they *should*.

It would be an amazing testament to the coaching staff if they can continue the momentum of the last victory by beating a good Chargers team.

As many have said, Rome was not built in a day, and a single victory, no matter how lopsided, does not automatically herald the absolute end of the Dolphins struggles after going 20-44 over the last four seasons.

Something that has run that deep, for that long, is not excised and healed overnight, friends.

I am just preaching reasonable expectations in advance of this game. This team is on the right track, win or lose Sunday.

Preferably win.

20. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Lets not forget the cross country road trips are brutal on teams. The record for teams that have to travel fully across country has been absolutely brutal for years now.

21. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, we can beat the Bolts, but we have to play near perfect football. This group of players, while improved, just aren't as talented as the Bolts group. But for us to beat them, we have to have a perfect game, just like against NE...

If we're not perfect...well, you know...

22. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I'll be satisfied if it's at least a close and hard-fought game. I would consider it a step backwards if the Dolphins get blown out like in Arizona. I can't believe it but I'm actually more concerned about the D then the O this week! What a change of things...

23. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    BPKs post says most of it for me. Do I think we CAN win? Sure we can, BUT, not like the New England game. NE has NO QB. He stinks, and the D is old. I think they are done for this year. San D. on the other hand, has a very capable QB, great RB, TE, and a very good Oline. The D seems to be a problem, and I have no respect for Norv as a head coach. We might can out gameplan them. Then we have to execute it. We dont REALLY know what we have in a head coach ...........YET. I like the early signs, but.........