1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacants - We've Been Talking About Mueller And Cameron Too Much, What About Capers?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finsavior, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Finsavior

Finsavior New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Mexico
    As we all know, Randy Mueller has been fired and reportedly if Parcells can find a good HC out there Cameron is gone..., but what about Dom Capers?, Is he a keeper or he is going as well?

If anybody knows or have read something about Capers staying or going from Miami, please post!

Go Phins!!!

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Dont know anything for sure, but hopefully all 3 coordinators are gone. Maybe we get lucky and someone like Atlanta hires him so we dont need to pay off his contract.

3. Dolfan73

Dolfan73 New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    West Palm Beach
    I wouldn't mind keeping Capers if he went back to the defense of 2006. We were absolutely rediculous when we were moving Taylor around. WTF happened with that? Maybe that was Saban's scheme moreso than Capers?

4. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    bro that defense was ran by Nick Saban not Dom Capers. I hope Dom is let go too.

5. namor

namor New Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Dom should have been the 2nd to go,right after that hair piece.

6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    :lol:

7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Wheres the "What about Keith Armstrong" thread? No, I agree Capers should be gone too.

8. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    We will let you start that one bro.:wave:

9. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    I could hold forth for several hours on this subject, but I will restrict myself to my short shopping list of reasons why Dom must go.

1) He has done nothing to develop young talent. The only young defensive players we have that look to be better than average NFL starters and are capable of making genuine game changing plays are Allen and Bell. Guess what? Dom did everything in his power to stop them starting and they only started because of a large number of injuries to other players. Our other defensive rookies in the last 3 years have shown no signs that they will be anything other than solid average NFL players at best. Compare that to the offence which in 2007 alone has seen the development of Ronnie Brown into a star; Satele and Mauia having excellent rookie campaigns and are looking like future probowlers; Derek Hagan emerging; The development of Rex Hadnot into a solid NFL starting calibre pulling guard; Lorenzo Booker as a third down back making everybody say Travis who?

2) Our defence was vanilla as vanilla for the first 6 games of the season. That might be acceptable if we have a cheapskate owner who is hiring the cheapest coaches, but Dom is the highest paid DC in the league. Qyute frankly I expect more.

3) Our defensive collapse from 4 to 32 is not explainable in terms of talent and injuries. Look at the defensive talent base of teams like the Jest, 49ers, and Bengals. Our talent base is NOT worse than these teams so we have no good reason to be dead stinking last. Again with the highest paid DC on the planet you'd expect him to come up with schemes that would at least get us ranked in the low to mid 20s even if we had the worst talent in the league.

4) Our defence worked last year. This year Dom Capers tinkered with it. It reminded me a lot of the situation we had in 2006 on offence with Mularky being unable to comprehend and implement the Lineham playbook.

5) Almost all of the quotes in the media about players questioning the direction of the team were from defensive players. OK Cam Cameron carries some of the blame on this one but I expect my senior coaches to be jumping down the throats of any player expressing dissent and keeping the team focussed on rowing in the same direction. The offence was on board and rowing in the right direction but the defence wasn't and Dom Capers must wear some of the blame for that.

I could go on a bit more but this covers my main gripes.

10. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    NJice post bro. Cam should of held Dom accountable a lot sooner. Dom didn't show me anything at the begining of the year when we had everyone. I truly think the game has past him by.

11. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I wonder how much Cam COULD have held him accountable. It seemed that when Cam was brought on board, that Dom was also retained as almost a second head coach. Wayne I think went out of his way to keep Dom around, and from all that, Im not sure Cam could have done much to call out the guy.

But yes that was a good summation of why Dom may (should) be on the way out.

12. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro if you or I are the head Coach, we are responsible for all of the coaches under us. If they are not doing there job, I don't care who kept them here, they need to know it. If Wayne had a problem with it, I would say sir he is not doing his job, and I am ensuring you are getting your monies worth.

13. Danny

Danny New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    As soon as the HC is named then the DC and OC will be brought in.

Ozzy rules!!

14. #1DoLfAnOKesh

#1DoLfAnOKesh New Member

Dec 13, 2007
    he has to go too...our D was horrific...too bad we gave him such a huge contract

15. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I think that Dom might stay but i dont know there has been alot of injurys of D and Dom has been running the D that Bill likes and it has worked out for us pretty good