1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Velvet Revolver Unloads Weiland

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by brandon27, Apr 2, 2008.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Thats a shame... I really enjoyed their music.... I thought Scott's voice fit in well too. But apparently he's on to an STP revival too.. I preferred VR though...

http://ca.music.yahoo.com/read/news/58953466

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    damn that sucks, but i could def live with having STP back.

Boik14 and finswin56 like this.
  3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Slash has probably had it up to "here" with lead singers...:lol:

I liked both STP and VR, Weiland just is unable to stay sober long enough to finish projects.

4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    STP isn't necessarily the greatest band ever to listen to on record. Pretty darn good, but not something I think people will flock to a reunion album over.

But they are absolute money live. Phenomenal. I've seen them 4-5 times. Simply outstanding.

5. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yea their hit and miss on their cds. I saw them live too with Red Hot Chili Peppers, prob the best concert I've ever been to.

6. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    This is a good thing, maybe Velvet Revolver will go away. They were just another radio pop/rock fluff band, we have 1,000 other crappy bands just like them. STP is a VASTLY superior band (I only count their first 2 records because after "Purple" they got kind of redundant).

Just my opinion of course. :lol:

7. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    No. 4 is good... Shangri-La was just awful though.

Boik14 likes this.
  8. finattic79

finattic79 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    And one of those you forgot to ask if I wanted to go :cry:. But they sure do put on a great show.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  9. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    this is the death knell for velvet revolver. Slash is good, but his riffs alone can't keep that band afloat. It was all Weiland, man....

The same reasons they are 86'ing him are the same reasons he had that fallout with STP, and (ironically enough) some of the main reasons that make him as great as he is. Yeah he's got the typical rocker issues, but don't they all? And in some weird way, the more erratic they are, seems almost directly proportional to how great they are. :up:

10. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I'm hearing rumors that Sebastian Bach's (ex-Skid Row) name is being thrown around yet again to possibly replace Weiland if the band continues on. I know he was being considered the first time around as well before they had decided on Scott.

11. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    that's interesting... that will give the band an entirely different sound. Might as well just call the band something else at that point. :up:

12. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Agreed, and eventhough Bach is annoying as hell I still respect his vocals more than Weiland's. I couldn't stand STP nor his work with VR. I'd love to see what Sebastian could bring vocally to the group. I mean come on, who doesn't love these tracks:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQUBL3cnJSU[/media]
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xd8ykpZkwA&feature=related[/media]
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGhlUzzib6c&feature=related[/media]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  13. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i don't think i could rate Weiland over Bach of vice versa... i like both equally and both are two completely different styles. I think Weiland has more artistic talent than Bach, but Bach seems to be able to better control himself.

14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    ugh that guys such a clown. thats too bad bc i like slash and the rest of guns n roses. maybe they could try out chris cornell if audioslave is done.

15. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    An g/f of mines brother was in a very popular KISS coverband and I went to see them at a theater in Vancouver about 15 years ago. I'm standing in the lineup for beer, I look behind me and Sebatien Bach is standing there. Chatted with him in the lineup and ended up getting hammered with the guy and a few of his buddies for the rest of the night. Dude ran up on stage for the encore and sang "C'mon and Love me". Went to another bar afterwards, the guy is pretty cool actually and I was not even a big Skid Row fan.

Side note: I've NEVER seen a guy pick up girls of the quality and quantity that he could. I'm at this bar with him and his buddies (and my g/f) and he had a harem in 30 minutes, a dozen of them and they were all HOT. It was a good time.

On topic: He'd be an interesting choice to replace Weiland, I wonder if he can still sing like he used to...I still won't listen to them though.

Phinperor likes this.
  16. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    GUNS N ROSES, GUNS N ROSES, GUNS N ROSES
    i would like to see them reunite but i dont think it will happen

but i think bach would be a good replacement the guy loves heavy metal
    i am just wondering if he did get the gig how that would strain bach and axls freindship?

17. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Finally...Now go back to Tom Deleo, kiss his *** and go tell him you want to be the lead singer for STP again. And for christ sakes stay off the H and any sauce Scott.

In case you cant tell, I loved Stone Temple Pilots. Definitely one of my three favorite bands.

18. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Its great thing though that Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, Army of Anyone, and Zwan have broken up and going back to their old bands(except most of VR but i think a GNR reunion could still happen). IMO, STP, Rage Against the Machine(we've needed them even more since they broke up), Filter, Soundgarden and The Smashing Pumpkins were far superior to that commercial crap they all put out with these so-called "supergroups". If only TSP would bring James Iha and D'Arcy back on board and we can really call them the Smashing Pumpkins.

19. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Update:

20. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Brother I don't think Guns and Roses will ever reunite. Axl screwed these guys over when he forced them to sign over there rights to any monies GNR made. I don't think it will ever happen.

21. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Dude....Soundgarden NEEDS to come back, that would be ****ing great. I dunno if Matt Cameron would leave Pearl Jam though and without him there is no Soundgarden. The dude was the backbone of that group.

Boik14 likes this.
  22. finattic79

finattic79 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    I still remeber the exact moment when I heard that soundgarden was breaking up, was sad sad day.....:cry:

But i would absolutely love to see them get back together.

23. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    YaSoundgarden was outstanding. Chris Cornell had great vocals and was the perfect lyricist for the bands talents.

On the good side, I have Pearl Jam tickets for June at Madison Square Garden. Great birthday gift. :yes: