1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vernon Gholston News

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    04/13/08 - Fear not, Rams fans, Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston says he can cure what ails the St. Louis pass rush. "If you guys had 5 1/2 sacks last year, I'm definitely going to add to that," Gholston said. Sadly, 5 1/2 sacks was the combined total for all the defensive ends on the team's roster last season. "I had 14 this past year, and I'm looking to increase that," he said. Gholston's sack total tied for third in the nation last season and set a school record. The Detroit native then turned pro a year early, and he arrives Sunday in St. Louis for a pre-draft visit with the Rams. He will be joined Sunday by Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long, Virginia defensive end Chris Long, and Louisiana State defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey. Unlike that trio, Gholston wasn't considered a consensus top five pick in January after the college season ended. He is now. Gholston's impressive workouts have helped vault him from top 15 status to a player who conceivably could be taken No. 1 overall by the Miami Dolphins. Gholston always has liked working out, from his teenage days at Cass Tech in Detroit. - Jim Thomas, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10412

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Gholston is gaining ground on Jake Long everyday, might even be higher on some teams draft boards.