1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very Pleased With Yesterday's Win

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Nov 17, 2008.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you told me Sunday morning that we'd beat the Raiders by only 2 points, I would have groaned. I know winning in the NFL is tough, and that on any given Sunday, blah, blah, blah. We played a crappy team and I thought we would have killed them.

However, I'm extremely pleased that we won this game. We held the Raiders offense to 6 points. 3 of those points came after a baloney pass interference call.

Bottom line: Our D played great. Our O had some amazing drives and did enough to win.

Finally, I LOVED how Sparano went for it on 4th down to get a better position for Carpenter. I read Gregg Easterbrook's TMQ column and he's constantly getting on coaches for not playing to win, rather, many coaches do enough to set their team up for a long FG, and then blame the kicker if he doesn't hit a 50 yarder. Not Sparano. I love this dude.

brandon27, Larryfinfan and cnc66 like this.
  2. dolphinsgirl

dolphinsgirl New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Central PA
    I feel so differently about this team this year, than I have in years. I truly believe they have the right personnel at the right time.

cnc66 likes this.
  3. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    It seemed to me we ran the wildcat WAY too much during this game. I also think we should have put up more points, I don't like these close games, we need to put games away. But that 4th down call turned out to be great, and another win is another win :)

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    As jeff fisher says....Its good to win and still be able to make corrections.

cnc66 likes this.
  5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I really thought we lost the game when the Raider's guy ran our kickoff back for a TD....normally these type of games always kill us, but Chad didn't panic. The throw to Ginn on 4th and 5 was pure clutch. Last year we always seemed to lose the close ones, but we beat the Seahawks and Raiders by two and I think you take an ugly win and move on.

6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Look, I'd be disappointed if we did not win another game this season, but I'd still feel that the season was a success...How is that if we were 6-10....well, I'll tell you...because this team has shown that it has heart and we've done something that we haven't seen since Shues ran the show....We've gone into games, struggled and still won...we've played well and won (SD and NE) played well and lost (Texans) and played poorly and still won....the only game that I thought we reverted back to Wanny style play was against Arizona...every other game we've been in or won...now....

NE is going to be a buzz saw for us...they are mad and embarrassed from our last spanking we gave them....and Cassel has improved....we have to play very well against them this week to really get the NFL in an uproar about us...

7. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I figured it would be close. Mostly because i was haunted by what the raiders did to us last year. i NEVER thought we would have to come from behind to have to beat the raiders though. Mind you we had to beat hochuli's crew at times too, but the raiders played tough, and we didnt play as well as we could have. Hopefully we were saving our outstanding play for this week against the pats though

8. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I told myself going into the game that I'd be disappointed if we didn't win by at least 2 scores...but with the way we came back at the end after that deflating punt return was special. The team is playing with a ton of confidence right now and they believe in themselves. You gotta love the resiliency.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  9. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008

I love how passionate Sprano shows he is about football, and how bad he wants this team to win. I always see him jumping around and yelling, and that's what I've wanted to see in a Dolphins coach all my life, because I wasn't lucky enough to remember much of the Don Shula era because I'm only 17. y finest memory of the Shula era was the Thanksgiving Day Game win over the Cowboys with good ol' Leon Lett. :lol: