1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vet QB's (Block & FA) ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by New Era, Dec 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    Who would make the list composed of Vet QB's with starter talent? The talent level would range from caretaker to solid starter. The player would need to be a free agent or on the trading block.

I do not think that TUNA will just hand the reigns over to Beck and hope for the best. I think he will trade away (players or picks) for a QB that has started for more than 3+seasons. I also will not write off the idea that a QB in the 1st round will not be chosen. Miami has the picks to trade up or has the best pick to trade down. Sure they will not get full value for trading down, but they could wind up getting some good picks and players.

Some players that come to mind...

* McNabb (Free Agent or Trade) His role might be tied to Andy Reid....:confused2:

* Anderson (Restricted Free Agent 1 & 3) Our pick is to high for that trade...UNLESS we trade down and Bill says this will be our guy. I think he has talent and the size to command the field. But I just have not seen enough of him to know if he can do it for more than one season. I would not trade a 1st unless it was 26th-32nd pick & a mid 3rd.

Who are some more QB's that could be traded for or Free Agents that could help the team be competitive but chances are not the future? This team will not rebuild overnight and will take about 2-3 seasons to make a push for the playoffs. But if the right choices are made along that way, they could be making a push for the Division!!!

Merry X-mas, Happy Holidays & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    GO FINS!!!:bighug:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  2. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Maybe we could bring Jim sorgi in and give him a chance to see want he can do working behind Payton Manning has to teach u something

3. SMOKE

SMOKE Member

Nov 26, 2007
    He already signed a 3 year extension with Indy.

Here's a list of free agent QB's....nobody real worthy of starting. Guys like Byron Leftwich and David Carr will probably be released but again, still not people you want commanding your offense.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

Rex Grossman, UFA, Chicago Bears
    Daunte Culpepper, UFA, Oakland Raiders
    Quinn Gray, UFA, Jacksonville Jaguars
    Ken Dorsey UFA Cleveland Browns
    Ryan Fitzpatrick RFA Cincinnati Bengals
    Drew Henson UFA Minnesota Vikings
    Cleo Lemon UFA Miami Dolphins
    Jared Lorenzen UFA New York Giants
    Jamie Martin UFA New Orleans Saints

4. phenomenalphin

phenomenalphin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 1, 2007
    South Florida
    no more trading picks for veteran QB's.

5. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    No way would Anderson be worth it unless Edwards and Winslow were included. Not a lot of worthy FA candidates around. This is just my fantasy pipe dream but I wouldn't mind seeing Brian Griese back. Got a raw deal under Wanny and he's been productive this season with his accuracy. Certainly beats seeing the inaccurate Green, Lemon, and Beck.

6. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    Thanks the crop looks pretty thin...:glare:

I like Cpep but no chance he comes back.
    Lemon might need to stick around.:unsure:

It will take a few seasons to get some confidence back about winning. Looks like Beck will either be facing a Rookie QB & VET (Lemon or another backup type) for the starting position. Unless a trade is made for a Solid Starter...Either way it is not a shoe-in for Beck to start. But again...not in any hurry. Next season will be about setting up the gameplan for the future. Step Number One: BE COMPETITIVE!!!

What does the WR & DB core group of Free Agent players look like?:ffic:

7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Its funny but I thought he might be a dark horse for Parcells. Not sure if he's sold on career backups

8. Swampfox

Swampfox Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    Billy Volek

9. TampaFinsFan01

TampaFinsFan01 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Tampa
    Some of these guys will be cut outright.

Draft a QB on day one of the draft and either get Grossman or Boller or someone like that who has played in this league, or just keep Chloe Lemon and deal with it in 09.

10. Carabinieri44

Carabinieri44 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    ill take Rex Grossman AND Quinn Gray. along with drafting Chad Henne or Joe Flacco in the 2nd day. let them including Beck, compete for starter.

11. SellTheFins

SellTheFins Member

Dec 15, 2007
    I hope he doesnt bring in Pennington. He is one of Parcell boys.

12. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Sadly, Cleo Lemon may be the best of that lot. He also has experience in our offensive system should it remain the same.

13. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I heard somewhere Billy Volek is coming up as UFA. Any truth to that?

14. WaywardZest

WaywardZest New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    John Beck - Cleo Lemon - drafted quarterback. Let them all battle it out in training camp.

Maybe replace Lemon for Quinn Gray.

15. billsfaninpeace

billsfaninpeace New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Hey Losman will be on the block and we will give you a discounted price of a 4th

16. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Yea i saw that after i posted that
    you forgot about Derek anderson

17. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I have never seen a sadder list of potential QBs in my life.

18. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Oh, I think you have.

Jay Fiedler
    Damon Huard
    Ray Lucas
    Brian Griese
    A.J. Feeley
    Sage Rosenfels
    Gus Frerotte
    Daunte Culpepper
    Joey Harrington
    Cleo Lemon

:(

19. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    :glare:

I stand corrected.

20. CTFinFan

CTFinFan New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Windsor, CT
    Are you high? Why (on earth) would you ever want to bring in more QBs that suck? Just because they have league experience? That's ridiculous. You're just throwing away more money, pissing everybody off and slowing the turn-around of this team. A total waste of energy, time and resources. We do not need anymore band-aids. We need to suck it up and build a solid foundation. There is no other choice now. We're rock bottom. BP will do this the right way. Stop the madness!!! Grossman? Boller? Are you nuts?

21. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    At least he didn't bring up Losman or Pennington.

22. billsfaninpeace

billsfaninpeace New Member

Dec 4, 2007

Hey Losman can be had for a cheap price of a 4th

Also knowing Tuna Pennington will be brought in. The new Vinny for him

23. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    The fact that you're a Bills fan has obviously tainted your opinion. Please, for the love of all that's sacred, STOP SAYING THAT!!!!!! :cursing:

:wink2:

24. CTFinFan

CTFinFan New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Windsor, CT
    Good point. Or Akili freakin' Smith for that matter. When the Big T gets here we should all just watch and learn. When he does I think you will see attitudes change, focus will change (sharpen), intensity will change, accountability will change. It's a new day and everybody (in the Dolphins organization) knows it.

25. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    You can almost smell the fear.

26. CTFinFan

CTFinFan New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Windsor, CT
    Bringing in those sorry a** retreads is exactly what got this team where it is. THINK!!!!!

27. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Come on now look at L2G's list those guys were all......egads! Terrible! Where is Jeff George when you need him?

28. CTFinFan

CTFinFan New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Windsor, CT
    It's difficult to know exactly what to do about our QB situation given that there are NO viable free agents and no real stand-outs in next year's draft. Two things are certain. We can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot and we should NOT have passed on Quinn. Ginn might be good someday but he was the wrong choice for a first rounder. No offense to his family. Clearly our problems are infinitely more complex than that (secondary, lines, coaching etc) but I believe that QB is where we need to start in terms of players. DUH! No more caretakers/babysitters. We need a leader. It's been around 8 years since we had one. Yea, since right around 1999. He's out there. I know he is. Big T and whoever have to find him.

29. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    amen brother god know we need a cultural change in this team in this town