Vick and Kolb
63 replies
But I'm not too sure the Ford will be safe pulling the Fountain. The maximum towing capacity of the F250 is 12500. I've read that the Fountain weighs 12900 dry.
At this point in his career, Kolb is a better quarterback than Henne, IMO. I watch a lot of Eagles fan being the guy I go to the bar with is an Eagles fan so I've seen plenty of him... The line is very narrow between the two, but that's just IMO. I would give up a 3rd or maybe a 4th round pick to let Henne and Kolb (maybe Thigpen too, if he looks good with his opportunity now) duke it out in training camp.
I wouldn't discount the Eagles paying both of them, at least for one more year. Vick's style is always going to lead to an increased injury risk and they've already seen this year that you need a capable backup on hand as he is very unlikely to play all 16 games. Kolb could backup Vick much like Schaub did in Atlanta, at least until the Eagles can develop another young QB first, so i'd say its more likely Kolb gets traded another year on from now. That also gives Vick more time to prove he can do this consistently.
worst thread of the month. what has Kolb showed that's any better than Henne? Kolb is a very QB-friendly system, one of the best in the league, IMO. completely absurd to think he's going to outperform Henne.
testing
I take exception to that Ohio. I think I found some extremely good values. I fully expect someone to ask where they could find the truck or the boat.
Vick won't be leaving Philly and why invest in Kolb who has proven NOTHING.
One game at a time: Your 2016 Miami Dolphins.
A team without leadership, players without heart: Your 2015 Miami Dolphins.
Carrying on a decade plus of underachieving and mediocrity: Your 2014 Miami Dolphins.
Pissing on your dreams and tearing your heart out: Your 2013 Miami Dolphins.
"Dol Fan99 wrote:
no your wrong for thinking im wrong... and kolb was not benched, he got hurt and vick stepped in and is now playing outstanding football.. too good to put kolb back in.
The will and can pay both.
Kolb's contract is front loaded for this year, his contract next year is very reasonable, they will sign Vick for what Kolb made this year.


"Dol Fan99 wrote:
Those of you who are sold on henne some how and are gonna come onto this thread and say we have henne and tell me that im stupid for saying this... its all opinion based and i dont give a muthaf*** about your "we have henne you idiot" comments because your wrong so dont waste your time. Sparano benching henne obviously showed that they didn't think he was the man for the job right now and i don't see that changing much.
Welcome to the boards Kanye! :pity:
RIP Jetssuck
Imma let you finish... but, Kevin Kolb is the best starting-QB-to-have-started-6-games-and-then-get-benched ever.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
They only have to pay Kolb like 1.5 Million next year. They gave him bonus money this year after they traded away McNabb.
This years salaries for the Eagle's Qb's are approximately 11 million for Kolb and 5 million for Vick.
As I said before, next year Kolb makes only 1.5 million. That gives the Eagles ~15mil for Vick's new contract for a break even point. This is approximately where the franchise tag sits for QB (if a franchise tag exists after a new CBA that is.)
A 1.5million dollar insurance policy for a running QB, who takes his knocks is well worth it for the Eagles.
I doubt Kolb leaves the Eagles for less than a 2nd rounder (more likely a 1st) unless he starts demanding a trade and is no longer a good solider. But that may hurt his status as a franchise QB more than waiting a year.
I honestly think Vick is never going to keep this level of performance up.
He was never consistent and you'll see him implode against some tough defenses when the stakes are raised.
Would'nt want him regardless. He's one of the bigger douchebags in the league. You can have him.
If Philly is smart they will keep Kolb. He has shown flashes of potential to be a very good QB. Like Henne he needs more time to develop. If Philly keeps only a wildcard like Vick and gets rid of a good young QB they deserve the implosion that will follow. If they don't keep him the price will be too high for us to give up IMO. Yes he's shown talent and potential but so has Henne. We'd end up paying an inflated price and we have too many holes still on this roster to do that.
RIP Jetssuck
"Ohio Fanatic wrote:
worst thread of the month. what has Kolb showed that's any better than Henne? Kolb is a very QB-friendly system, one of the best in the league, IMO. completely absurd to think he's going to outperform Henne.
Well, let's add up the factors:
-Kolb has been in Philly for 4 seasons, he has started..4 games..
-Philly reportedly wants a #1 and #3 for Kolb
-Philly has far more weapons on offense and Kolb still was wildly erratic, he was sat early in the yr for a reason.
Henne
-3 yrs 20 starts
-Paid for, Henne costs no additional draft picks
-Average STARTER, that is a huge difference, Henne has 21 Starts and a 11-10 record, the training wheels are off of Henne, with Kolb..who knows?
-Wildly different offenses, which should be the AJ Feeley lesson, do not try to take a WCO Qb and stick him in a different style of offense or you may wind up with egg on your face.
All in all, I'd prefer to draft or sign a Tight End and take my lumps with Chad Henne than deal for Kolb.
"Coral Reefer wrote:
I honestly think Vick is never going to keep this level of performance up.
Six TDs in one game is irregular—even the great Al Bundy only had four touchdowns in his greatest game—but I don’t think it’s out of the question for Vick to continue to be a top eight QB for the next couple of years. It all depends on which team he goes to and what offense he’s asked to command.
"padre31 wrote:
-Philly has far more weapons on offense and Kolb still was wildly erratic, he was sat early in the yr for a reason.
Yeah. A concussion.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Rocky Raccoon wrote:
So, we're wrong if we think Henne is the man for the job, even though he was benched. Yet you want to bring in Kolb, who was also benched.
Everybody funny, now you funny too.
its called a little competition
henne vick penny kolb......really
Henne was benched for Penny so they could see if its the triggerman or the playcaller.....period. we all know its that old fart pos.
As for vick or kolb who knows.......prolly end up trading for TBow.... lol
Vick or Kolb would be a good thing
- Competition is the Elixir of Success -
Vick will once again show his true colors sooner than later, IMO. And no, I'm not talking about his criminal tendencies. He's had a few good games this season. He was absolutely a horrible QB before he went to prison. I, in no way, shape, or form want him here.
However, I really like Kolb. I think Reid made a mistake when he benched him. I think Kolb is their future, and like Henne, will go through some growing pains. I think putting in Vick just hinder's the development of Kolb. I would love to get Kolb and let him and Henne fight it out.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
Neither of them are coming to Miami unless it's to play the Dolphins.

Kolb was benched.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"ToddsPhins wrote:
Neither of them are coming to Miami unless it's to play the Dolphins.
I agree. However, Kolb may leave if Reid keeps with his belief that Vick is the answer.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
"MarinePhinFan wrote:
Vick will once again show his true colors sooner than later, IMO. And no, I'm not talking about his criminal tendencies. He's had a few good games this season. He was absolutely a horrible QB before he went to prison. I, in no way, shape, or form want him here.
However, I really like Kolb. I think Reid made a mistake when he benched him. I think Kolb is their future, and like Henne, will go through some growing pains. I think putting in Vick just hinder's the development of Kolb. I would love to get Kolb and let him and Henne fight it out.
That is crazy talk.
What is so hard to fathom about "it is a win now league"?
This is not Triple A baseball, Head Coaches do not just waste games so the Qb can learn how to do their job./
"padre31 wrote:
That is crazy talk.
What is so hard to fathom about "it is a win now league"?
This is not Triple A baseball, Head Coaches do not just waste games so the Qb can learn how to do their job./
Thank you... henne is not helping us win right now, and i dont want to wait for more development out of him, if we enter next season saying we hope henne developes more this season rather than we hope he takes us to the superbowl.. thats just stupid. so i just threw out a suggestion and a thought of kolb and vick.
"padre31 wrote:
That is crazy talk.
What is so hard to fathom about "it is a win now league"?
This is not Triple A baseball, Head Coaches do not just waste games so the Qb can learn how to do their job./
Nonsense.
Would you rather be the 2002 Tampa Bay Bucs or the Steelers, Patriots, or Colts of the 2000's?
I rest my case.
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. ----George Bernard Shaw
I say Philly keeps them both, why would we give up draft picks for a QB now, and this is a dumb thread.
