1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vick Had Family Pets Fight

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by njfinfan, Nov 22, 2008.

1. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Sad indeed.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Witness: Vick thought it 'funny' when dogs died

Michael Vick put family pets in rings with pit bulls and thought it was funny watching the trained killers injure or kill the helpless dogs, a witness told federal investigators during the dogfighting investigation that brought Vick down.

In a 17-page report filed Aug. 28, 2008, by case agent James Knorr of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and released Friday under the Freedom of Information Act, a person identified as confidential witness No. 1 said Vick placed pets in the ring against pit bulls owned by "Bad Newz Kennels" at least twice and watched as the pit bulls "caused major injuries."

n9necount likes this.
  2. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I would love just 5 minutes with this dirtbag, five minutes with a baseball bat and two hungry dogs. :mad:

n9necount, njfinfan and azfinfanmang like this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    great... and the nfl will probably re-instate him in the near future... what a joke... that sick piece of crap should be left in jail...

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I have to wonder if he really thought there was anything wrong with pit bulls fighting. I mean, I have to imagine there is something off here, because most people know that is not a traditional event. I am not questioning whether he knew the killing under-performing dogs was wrong, just whether the fighting itself was wrong.

5. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    What a scumbag this guy is seriously. I only hope that this shuts up all the Vick apologists. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of hearing the same old tired excuse of "They're pitbulls, who cares"?

If putting game trained Pitbulls in the ring with your typical family pet isn't the definition of cruelty I don't know what is. Just thinking about the fact that some family's Lab was stolen and thrown into the ring with Vick's Pitbulls makes me angry. As an amateur Boxer I would love nothing more than 1 round with Vick, see how he likes being in a situation without much of a chance to fight back.

I hate our system sometimes. To think that he is only doing 23 months here and is being protected while at it. Throw the tough guy into general population and let's see what a tough guy he is there.

The sad thing is that there will probably be a desperate team out there to take a chance on this guy. I'm just glad that with the quality people we have running our organization that isn't going to happen. I'd seriously question my fandom to a team if Vick played for it.

6. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I'm not buying that excuse. They tried selling that when all of this blew up--that Vick was from the ghetto and that was the cause for his lack of morals. Well I'm sure there are people from the ghetto who are able to show compassion for other living creatures, humans and animals alike.

late again and njfinfan like this.
  7. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Why does not seeing something wrong with pit bulls fighting mean he lacks morals?

8. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Is this a serious question?

9. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Uh, yea. I fail to see how a differing opinion on one particular case of events means he lacks morals.

10. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Well in that case yes I think it does. That's also one big differing opinion bro :lol: Most of us would not be found with front row tickets watching two animals trying to kill each other, much less watching one fight-trained animal ripping a helpless one to shreds. Serial killers, absolutely. They also have a disregard for other living inhabitants of this planet.

sking29 and njfinfan like this.
  11. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yet a lot of you want to beat the crap out of him for enjoyment. Double standard.

njfinfan likes this.
  12. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

call me an ******* but does it really matter if these were domestic or wild dogs he was fighting?

njfinfan likes this.
  13. n9necount

n9necount New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Nah, I'd like to buy the guy a drink for being such a class act.

14. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Still a hot button issue.
    Can I address a few differing thoughts here?
    Vick absolutely knew that dogfighting was wrong....at least at some level. For instance he knew it was illegal. So he knew it was legally wrong. As an individual living in a country with organizations such as the ASPCA, the Humane Society, PETA, etc. He knew it was something that a large number of people found repugnant.
    C'mon now they do this at hidden locations under extreme veils of secrecy. He even had his buildings in back of the house painted black. If he was proud of his operation wouldn't he have painted them to match the house that was shielding them?
    As to the whole morals issue....people's morals can and will differ according to their upbringing. You and I may feel dogfighting is morally wrong. But others may disagree. We may then feel that those people are morally lacking. But the truth is they just have a different view.
    Vick may well have thought it should be okay to fight dogs. He may have believed the law is a stupid one and should be changed.
    But these kinds of differing opinions are why we have laws.
    Bottom line.....it's against the law.

Stitches likes this.
  15. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

When he starts introducing Family pets into the ring with bred-killers, and finds enjoyment in the obvious outcome, this goes far beyond a Morals Judgement IMO.

This guy has some SERIOUS issues, and I wish he was not only NOT let back in the league, but that farther charges stem from this that would help keep him out of General Society for a longer period of time.

Tell you what Mike Vick the overhyped *rick, lets FORCE you into a cage with a Navy Seal and tell him you just raped his mother and his sister......
    Yeah, I think that would be a Just settlement for this absolute atrocity you have embelished in.... Freaking piece of excrement..

Oh yeah, and I have very very little faith in Goodell taking the high road and stopping him from coming back.
    IMO: That puts good ole Rog in about the same level with Vick.
    He can fine the hell out of players for questioning calls that are obviously BLOWN, but when it comes to people like Vick, Scatman Jones and the entire Taping incident of the Cheatriots, he has ZERO problem turning the other cheek.

n9necount and njfinfan like this.
  16. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Send him to prison in Columbia, then he'd know what it is to have to fight everyday to survive. Or even better go to China and get arrested - are you ****ing kidding. I'd ask to be given a gun with one bullet in it rather than be locked up in either place. Gladiator schools.

n9necount and njfinfan like this.
  17. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    The NFL should re-instate him. I'm all for it.

As long as they don't let him wear equipment.

azfinfanmang, n9necount and njfinfan like this.
  18. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Anyone that could do what Vick has done has to have something deeply wrong with them with no excuses. How could anyone of normal mind watch and hear animals killing each other and enjoy it? Really sit and think about what one dog ripping another to shreds would look and sound like and if it doesn't creep you out, disgust you, or something similar I don't know what is wrong with you.

Simply put if someone could watch and hear that with such a disregard for life what would stop them from eventually wanting to kill a human just for fun?

n9necount likes this.
  19. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    thats what i was thinking