1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vick not happy as an Eagles player

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by NaboCane, Nov 9, 2009.

1. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :sidelol:

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

He wants to start is the big thing according to the locals

3. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    :lol: I like this:

4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    F-him, he nothing but a POS.

Sorry to hijack your thread:sad:, I won't say anymore in here about that.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

They were also saying he might go to Buffalo.

6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    He wont be back as an Eagle really. The wildcat brings nothing to their table, and with McNabb and Kolb there he has no future. And the Eagles wont pay that money for a 3rd string QB to come in and hand off 3 times a game.

7. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    name me a player in the nfl that doesnt want to play? ill wait

dolfan7171 and Muck like this.
  8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    The irony is the "My position is QB" BS :sidelaugh:
    He is a mediocre QB that could run......sure sounds like a Wildcat QB to me.
    I do have to give him some credit for not completely biting the hand that feeds him.

9. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    He also said that he's loyal to Philly for taking a chance on him.

Costas was really pressing him, asking about playing time while also pointing out that they have McNabb and Kolb and it would be virtually inconceivable for him to get time and talking about next year.

If you got to see the interview, Vick wasn't disrespectful at all. He was actually pretty well spoken compared to previous interviews prior to entering prison.

Costas asked him what would be his dream moment this year, with McNabb and Kolb not being hurt. He said being up 30-7 against the Giants(?) and Marty M. having him come out and just run the offense the entire 4th quarter.

Not to derail the thread, but his 60 Minutes interview was pretty enlightening. You get a better understanding of how someone's outlook on things can be shaped at an early age. He was very honest about his life and how he'd lived it.

Personally I'm rooting for him. I think he's really getting his life together. The fact that Tony Dungy is in this guy's corner speaks volumes for me. Losing it all, becoming public enemy #1 and two years in Leavenworth will humble a man.

10. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    I would be happy that my *** would still be in the nfl after being in pergatory for the past 2 years, backup, starting, whatever.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Looks like I was right on this guy twice: subpar QB before Prison, subpar QB after prison.

Whats funny is that people were saying since they let him organize football games in prison that he would have a smooth transition back into the NFL

So apparently playing a pick-up game qualifies you as an NFL QB.:lol:

FinSane likes this.
  12. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    What a total POS. The eagles were the only team willing to give Vick a second chance in the NFL and he repays them by making this public at the midway point of the season. I remember a few of our local journalists writing articles about how the Dolphins should go out and get this guy. I would love to see us roll back the hands of time and place those bozos in the stockades and pelted with vegetables.
    [​IMG]

steveincolorado likes this.
  13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    They probably asked him a question. He didn't go out of his way to say anything. I guess you missed the part where he said he was grateful to the Eagles and that as long as he is there he will work as hard as possible and do whatever they ask.

14. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Yea Im sure he meant that. [​IMG]

You guys know anything about "public relations"? There's certain things he has to say to cover his ***.

Vick is a POS as a football player AND as a human being.

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Because you're in his head, lived his life, or understand anything about him. I forgot.

What he did is in the past. He served his time. Get over it, people do change contrary to what you may want to believe. Why dont you think about animal torture next time you eat a hamburger or step on an ant. Oh wait those arent dogs so they don't matter I guess.

mullingan likes this.
  16. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    No bro I didn't miss that part. As stated before me and by me its still a pretty ****ty thing to put out there. The eagles went out on a limb to bring him in. For him to come out and cast any doubt whatsoever on his loyalty to his team is asinine. For him to actually say what he said in any context is down right shameful and does nothing but show the rest of the NFL he's still the same POS we all thought he was.

FinSane likes this.
  17. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    It wasnt just his torturing and murdering of dogs. It was everything else hes done since joining the NFL and college. Hes a perfect example of wasted potential. No one forced him to do all those things. He's "reformed" now because well, he has to. I dont believe in him being genuinely "reformed", more like he has to live quieter now. He's at the point of his life now because of decisions HE made, no one else. He's a punk. His brother is a punk.

Not to mention the fact hes never been an elite, or even an above average QB. More like hes a RB that can occasionally throw the ball...kinda like Ronnie Brown but with experience at QB.

And I like hamburgers. Your analogy is completely baseless and absurd.

NaboCane and Frumundah Finnatic like this.
  18. FinSane

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    and no one forced him to say anything. he went out of his way to point out he was unhappy with his role. Im sure every NFL players wants to start, but theres other ways of going about it. Maybe he needs to practice harder and show more emphasis on being a TEAM player. Theres probably a good reason they dont use Vick very much.

And one more thing, did anyone REALLY buy that McNabb wanted Vick on his team? Why would a Pro Bowl QB want competition at his position and less playing time? All public relations, all bs. Read between the lines(not you Landshark).

19. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Sorry Muck,
    but some things are unforgivable. He may be a changed man or whatever, but what he did is unaceptable. He could give me a million dollars, but that still wouldn't change my mind about him.

In my mind, he will always be a POS until he dies. I will never, ever hope him well. Again, sorry, but that is the way I feel about him

FinSane, NaboCane and opfinistic like this.
  20. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I gotta agree. As a dog owner, and a decent human being (hamburger eater and occasional ant stomper as well) I detest him and could care less if he considers himself reformed or not. **** him.

FinSane, NaboCane and steveincolorado like this.
  21. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    [​IMG]

22. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    There's a lot to be said for his efforts to clean up; although I do believe that all that is 100% due to the fact that he got caught.

Had he never gotten caught, I have no doubt that he and his despicable cronies would still be torturing and killing animals that have been bred for hundreds of years to simply want to be our best friends.

He didn't come to this "moral epiphany" on his own; he didn't wake up one morning and say, "Hey - I've got this great life, doing what I love and being paid millions for it - I should be a better person in the eyes of God in order to be worthy of it."

No. He got WOKEN UP by the legal system.

And Alex, I'm sorry you can't see the difference between using the trust of a domesticated animal - bred to want to love and please us - to torture it and others like it, and killing a cow bred to be killed.
    As Cardinal Lamberto said to Michael in III: "Your sins are terrible. It is just that you suffer." I don't feel the least bit badly for Vick, for any trials or tribulations he has to endure now on his way back to redemption...if that's really what is in his heart.

:lol: Anyway, the part that I thought was really funny was the "I'm a Quarterback" bit.

23. LandShark13

LandShark13 New Member

Oct 20, 2009
    North Miami
    lol, Until I read the last Line i was sitting here like WTF?!

FinSane likes this.